Chapter 29 | It Was Short-Lived

You woke up filled with much excitement, but also nervousness. This morning you are going to talk to your real father for the first time knowing that he indeed is your father. This wouldn't be like any other conversation with Obi-wan.

You hear the soft sounds of Ahsoka waking up beside you. She stretches her arms and pulls herself up to lean against the wall with you.

"Sorry If I keep waking you." You remark.

"Don't be sorry, you have a reason to wake up all excited." Ahsoka smiles.

You get up from bed and immediately start to get dressed. You ensure that you present yourself nicely this morning, going to lengths such as perfecting your hair in the mirror.

"Oh, um by the way. Obi-wan doesn't have any hair at all." Ahsoka stated.

"What?" You chuckled. "Why?"

"I guess to go undercover that's what he needed to do." Ahsoka responded. You inhaled a deep breath, looking yourself in the mirror one last time, checking your appearance is fine before looking over to Ahsoka.

"Well, wish me luck."

She smiled. "Good luck. I love you."

"Love you too." You grinned. Ahsoka gave you a quick thumbs up as you went out the door which made you chuckle.

You started to walk down the halls of the temple. It was pretty quiet at this time so there was plenty of silence for your own thoughts to be heard. Thoughts of how great this could be, how wonderful it will be to explore this connection. However, there were also some thoughts of worry, you were confident that the council knows about this development, and you feared the possible consequences for Obi-wan if the decide to not let it slide.

But as you approached the entrance to the public meditation space, you swatted those thoughts away and paused for a moment. You inhaled deeply once more, before walking inside.

And there he was. A friend you thought to be dead in your arms a few days ago, but now alive and well, and the man who you now know to be your birth father. Obi-wan was pondering at one of the bookcases, not seeming too interested but rather just trying to pass the time. 'Do I say hello, or just wait.' He didn't have any hair on his head whatsoever like Ahsoka said, which was frankly a very odd sight.

"Good morning (y/n). How did you sleep?" Obi-wan greeted abruptly, startling you slightly.

"I had a pretty good sleep, how was yours?"

"Well I wasn't able to get much of it, with arriving quite late and having to go through the process to become Obi-wan again, I didn't get to bed until early this morning." Obi-wan explains, his back still facing you.

"That's unfortunate." You remarked "How does that process even work? Changing facial features and voice?" You ask while walking to one of the many round seats and sitting down.

"When I initially changed my facial features it was from a large needle. But this time there were multiple small needles that all went into my face and very, very slowly and painfully restored everything to normal."

You winced "That doesn't sound too pleasant."

"No, it really wasn't. And as for the voice..." He shivered in disgust. "...I had to swallow a vocal emulator which was so tough to get down. And then with use of some medication, it had to came back up."

"Ugh, remind me to never do that." You remarked.

"And now all of my hair is gone, including my glorious beard." He said, turning around stroking his chin.