Chapter 3 | What Would It Be Like?

You sat by yourself in the dining hall. A plate of unappetizing food on the bench in front of you. There was barely anyone else in the dining hall as it wasn't a time people would usually come to eat.

As you were about halfway through your meal you heard footsteps behind you. You looked over to surprisingly see Ahsoka walk to the counter to grab some dinner. 'I thought she was going on a mission to the outer rim? How the hell is she already back?'

After she got her tray of food, you called out to her and waved her over to your table, she looked up to see you and smiled. Seeing her smile instantly brought a smile to your face as well. She quickly walked over to you and sat down next to you.

"It's so good to see you again (y/n)." She said with a sigh of relief.

"Ahsoka, you've only been gone half the day." You explained with a confused chuckle.

"Well...not exactly." She replied. You then look at her with eager eyes.

"Explain." You asserted. Ahsoka inhaled a deep breath and began to tell you the whole story of her trip to Mortis.

~

"Wait wait wait...you saw yourself in the future, you then...fought Anakin and Obi-Wan, and you literally died but were resurrected?" You asked Ahsoka with the most shocked look on your face. She replied with a simple nod.

"I'm speechless. Like how...wha...why..." You said confused as you let out a sigh and then rested your head in your arms on the table, Ahsoka then let out a small laugh at your action.

"I don't know (y/n), I don't know." It was silent for a moment, but then Ahsoka did something unexpected and placed her hand on the back of your head. She slowly and gently played with your hair which felt so relaxing and comfortable.

Her hand was brought back to her lap after a short moment of silently sitting together, her fingers entangled in your hair, much to your disappointment.

"So, what did you get up to...today?" Ahsoka asked with a cute smirk as she had to figure out what the day was.

"I was with the younglings most of the day, they were soon to be padawans, preparing for the gathering and being paired with a master soon. They were all good friends with each other. Reminded me of you and I when we were younglings. They were some fun times." You replied with a friendly smile, taking a sip from your almost finished drink.

"They certainly were. Sometimes I wish we could go back to them simple times like that." She beamed. Smiles broadened on both of your faces as your eyes locked with each other's. Once again, just like last night you get that feeling of some...deep connection for Ahsoka, and you sense that she might be experiencing the same feelings for you.

"Right, well I'm going to go...get some much needed rest from my mission." Ahsoka awkwardly announces, immediately breaking eye contact and making sure not to make it again.

"Yeah, from what you told me, sounds like you need it. See you later Soka." You replied naturally. 'Soka? Where did that come from? Why would I say that? That's not something you call your friend.' You did your very best to hide the stress in your face, you hoped calling her that wouldn't make things strange. But to your surprise she just gave you a faint and genuine smile, got up and left for her quarters. 'Phew.'

You turned back to the table in front of you and grabbed both of the trays from yours and Ahsoka's meals. You returned them to their spot in the rack located near the sinks. You peered out one of the many windows in the dining hall to see that it was pitch black outside now, you had been talking for a while with Ahsoka, and you never want to stop talking with her.