Chapter 71 | The Siege Begins

You walked down the steps of Bo's ship onto familiar ground, the hangar floor of venator. You offered to Ahsoka go ahead of you, as nervous as she was she agreed. She was quickly greeted by an excited Artoo. She ran her her hand over his dome and a few excited and chirpy beeps made Ahsoka a bit calmer.

You, Ahsoka and Bo all then slowly walked over to the two Jedi who were awaiting you. One of which was clearly not that enthusiastic about your rushed departure to a non republic system. You stopped walking once your group of three was only a few feet away from your father and Anakin. The tension and awkwardness grew thicker by the second. As you all waited for who was would say the first words.

"A-Ahsoka...I-I'm so glad you're alive." Anakin breathed, he seemed so excited to see Ahsoka.

"I think, we'll have to talk another time...Anakin. Right now...we need to discuss the situation at hand." Ahsoka replied, trying to muster up all the confidence she could.

"Come right this way." Obi-wan quickly intervened, braking up a bit of the awkwardness a bit.

"I still know my way around a republic ship father." You teased, trying to bring just a small amount of light to the situation as the 5 of you walked to the bridge of the ship.

"Well that's good...because right now you should be on one. Heading to the outer rim to assist in all the outer rim sieges. Instead of running off to Mandalore the first chance you get."

"I'm sorry that I left so abruptly. But my first goal was finding and staying with Ahsoka. I never kept that a secret from you or anyone." You told him.

"Then what was the point of you trying to stay in our war? You said you wanted to help end it, but now you are off fighting wars for Mandalore."

"It's not just a war for Mandalore. If there was another civil war or something along those lines, I would have steered clear...for now. But the fact, that one of only three Sith lords in the entire galaxy can be captured, is why I am helping. And I know I can capture him." You confidently told you father with determination.

"That doesn't give you the free will to abandon the republic. If the Mandalorians wanted our help, they could have come to us. You don't need to get involved."

"The only reason we are here right now is because of me. If I wasn't there with them. I couldn't have made the decision to come to you immediately when we knew Maul was on Mandalore."

"Not to be rude to you. But we need to put my actions behind us for now, and focus on capturing Maul. He could provide us so much information." You clearly stated to your father. He just shot you one last quick glance before focusing ahead of him, without replying. 'I win.'

Now all of you were situated around the round table, with a hologram of the Mandalorian system projected in front of you all. Obviously Bo, Ahsoka and yourself to one side. And Anakin and Obi-wan on the other side.

"We know that Maul is the city of Sundari. We rarely see him on Mandalore anymore." Bo explains.

"And you're certain of this?" Obi-wan asks.

"Yes, he arrived only minutes before we called you." Bo replied.

"So...why not take him yourself? Or, to be more specific. What do you want from the republic?" Obi-wan asked with a dominant posture and tone.

"I don't have the numbers needed for a Siege. Without a complete lock down of the city Maul will escape again...that's is why we are proposing a joint operation. If we are successful. You will have Maul...and we will have Mandalore."Bo clearly explains. Anakin and his Master both looked towards each other. Only they knew what the other was thinking.