Chapter 76 | An Uneasy Visit

After the briefing with your father you returned to Ahsoka's side for the rest of the trip back to Coruscant. After a pretty silent and boring journey. The ship pulled out of hyperspace and you saw the glowing orange planet of Coruscant. You saw the remains of the battle over Coruscant that took place earlier in the day.

After the star destroyer came in for landing, you returned with Ahsoka and Rex to the ship that you boarded on. Maul was already there when you got there. You did your best to avoid eye contact the whole trip to the temple, but you could feel his eyes burning a hole in the back of your head. Maul constantly staring at you. You had enough so without making eye contact you walked up to the Mandalorian device and shut the small window, so Maul was left in his own confinement.

"We've arrived at the Jedi temple." Rex informed you and Ahsoka. You nodded and Rex went on his way.

"You don't have to go in if you don't want." You offered to Ahsoka. You knew that it would be tough for the both of you.

"No...it's fine. Remember we'll do this together."

"We probably won't be able to see Anakin tonight. He took a break, so you know where he is sleeping." You added.

"Do you think we should talk to Padmé about all of this?" Ahsoka asked. Both of you keeping low voices to avoid being overheard.

"I-I don't really know. I don't want to scare Padmé with this. Especially since she's pre..." you stopped yourself before revealing the secret that only you knew.

"She's pre-what (y/n)?" Ahsoka questioned harshly.

"Nothing." You quickly replied.

"(y/n)...Don't tell me it's what I think it is."

"No...she's just...really pressured by her job in the senate at the moment. She's not her normal cheery self-right now. I don't want to hurt her by dropping a bombshell like this onto her."

"We might have to." Ahsoka consoled, her hand coming to rest on your shoulder.

"I know." You breathed out. The short silence that followed was broken by the ship's cargo doors opening. You watched the large metallic door fold all the way down till it hit the floor of the temple hangar with a thud. You gulped before walking into the hangar. And an immediate horrible memory floods int your mind of the bombing.

You don't know exactly where you were headed in the temple. You just followed Rex and Fox who were leading the pack. You and Ahsoka walked side by side behind them, with Maul and a small squad of troops guarding him. It had only been a bit under 3 weeks since you have been here, but that felt like a lifetime. You never expected to be back here.

Fox approached a large sliding door and opened it. The door glided open and you were met with a familiar face which you had hoped to never see again.

"Master Windu."

"Good evening Commanders...Ahsoka...(y/n)." Windu nodded to both of you. Without even thinking you grabbed Ahsoka's hand with yours and held it tightly.

"Evening Mace." You replied. The annoyed look on his face immediately told you how much he hated being called by his first name. You stepped to the side with Ahsoka held close to you to let the clones push Maul forwards and prepare to lock him up. They pulled back the cover so Maul's eyes could once gaze at you again.

"You've done well citizens. Were you able to gather any information from Maul while you were occupying Mandalore?"

"No. Maul did not provide any useful intel. It was...just a simple seek and capture mission." You stated confidently.