Chapter 20 | A Dreadful Night

Arriving back at the temple, you slowly parked the shuttle in the landing bay. Once the shuttle comes to a complete stop, you don't make a move. You and Ahsoka just sit still for a moment.

Obi-wan was the person you've known for the longest in your whole life. And for that reason he was a very important figure who you looked up to in life. And now seeing him gone, doesn't give you much comfort in the gift of life.

"I'll call my master. He's giving his report right now so...so he'll be able to tell the whole council." You muttered with an unsteady voice.

You press down the center of your comm link 3 times to dial your Master. The painful wait for him to pick up had you tapping your foot impatiently.

Then he answered. "(y/n)."

"M-Master."

"Why did you call now, you know I'm giving my report to the council." He huffed.

You cleared your throat. "Umm...Master, something terrible happened."

"What has happened (y/n)?" He asked in a calm and constant tone.

"Just after I left, we got attacked and...Obi-wan was shot...it was fatal." You choked. Ahsoka still sat in the co-pilot's seat, now with her legs held tightly against her chest with her arms.

"...This is, some rather upsetting news. Do you mind telling me where he is now?"

"Master Skywalker stayed with Obi-wan, so I assume they are on their way back to the temple with the authorities. I just arrived with Ahsoka and the clones." You placed your hand on Ahsoka's shoulder, moving your thumb up and down the side.

"Just stay put (y/n), we will come down to meet you."

You sighed. "Yes Master."

You ended the call with your Master and took a deep intake of breath. These new feelings are sending you through a rough ride of emotions. You walked to the cockpit door and opened it, heading through the ship and down the ramp back onto temple grounds. You waited to make sure Ahsoka came with you.

All the clones were in a state you'd never seen among the soldiers. Especially Cody. He sat by himself on a lone cargo crate, with his helmet over his head while he stared into his lap.

One of the many doorways from the temple to the hanger opened. And in walked a large group of Jedi masters, who slowly walked towards the mourning group of clones with you and Ahsoka among them.

"Very sad news, this is. Share your pain, we all do." Master Yoda expressed as the group of masters came to a slow stop in front of you.

You nodded before Master Windu spoke up. "General Skywalker should be arriving shortly. We contacted him to come to the temple, he didn't reply but we think he got the message."

You cleared your throat. "When will we hold his funeral?" That was a tough question to ask.

"We will hold his funeral tomorrow night, it will allow any close friends from other worlds to attend." Master Mundi spoke softly. Your mind went straight to the Duchess. You knew she was close to Obi-wan and cared for him, she wouldn't want to miss it.

You heard a ship pull into the hanger, you looked back to see that it was a Coruscant medical vehicle. You didn't want to see him again, he was so cold and lifeless when you touched him, just thinking about it brings tears back to your eyes.

"I'd rather not see him again." You told the masters honestly.

"I feel the same." Ahsoka added from close beside you. All the master's nodded in understanding, letting you pass by them and depart from the landing bay.