Revenge of the Sith | Part 3

You stood upon the entrance to the Mustafar facility. Any energy you had left was overpowered with exhaustion and fatigue. The thought of fighting in your current condition had your knees trembling.

Both your father and Anakin's gazes are tethered to you. Your father's is a look of worry and uneasiness, while Anakin's is nothing but one of complete anger, frustration and hate ready to explode at any moment.

Despite Anakin's penetrating gaze you manage to snap your eyes away from him and survey the environment. All the surrounding terrain is composed of steep hills and valleys made of rock and ash, with glowing rivers and pools of molten lava scattered across the landscape.

And then you see her, and your heart stutters. She lays lifeless and pale on the dark concrete landing pad between your father and her husband. You focus on her, and you can sense the sliver of life she is holding onto, but it is not much, not enough to keep her alive for very long.

You quickly make the connection between Padmé's unconscious state and Anakin's busting rage while he looks up at you. He couldn't have, could he?

Your eyes dart back to Anakin with a pleading quality, as almost asking him a question, asking him if he could have really done this to the person he loves most.

And your question is the spark that ignites the flaming rage inside of Anakin. He couldn't hold back his anger anymore.

His blue blade is unsheathed and without any hesitation, both you and your father do the same. Anakin isn't hesitant to make the first attack, he barrels straight towards your father and engages their two lightsabers in combat. The two blue blades crashed against each other, the sound sending shivers down your spine as you leap from the higher level of the facility onto the same platform as the two battling Jedi.

Quick and sharp attacks are delivered straight into Obi-wan's precise defense as he carefully takes steps backwards towards the entry ramp of Padmé's shuttle.

The short time it takes you to dash towards the two is enough time for Anakin to lock his blade with Obi-wan's and force him into switching positions.

As soon as your own blade enters the battle Anakin is now put on the defensive. His lightsaber rapidly switches from side to side to block all attacks from you and your father, some high and some low, but all being deflected and parried.

Anakin continues to move backwards, getting closer to the ramp of the ship as he struggles to contain both you and your fathers determined and aggressive attacks.

Almost as quick as lightning, Anakin was able to duck underneath your high attack and sweep his leg, striking your father's ankle resulting in him buckling to the floor, but his kick didn't have enough strength to bring you to the ground.

Anakin saw the window of opportunity and took it, he swiftly leapt away from you, into the warm Mustafar air and landing on the cockpit of his wife's shuttle. You quickly followed suit and leapt after him, which of course he was expecting.

As soon as your feet landed on the chrome shuttle you were under attack. Anakin started with forceful and brutal attacks on your midsection in an effort to force you back off of the ship. You held your ground, maintaining your solid defense and absorbing his strong attacks, though your feet were sliding.

You were capable to protect yourself but not able to keep yourself stable. Your feet continue to slide closer and closer to the edge of the ship, and you knew the option of leaping over Anakin would be far too difficult to execute with the lack of grip beneath you.

Just as you were prepared to give the fight to him and flee back towards the platform floor, Anakin's assault on you had to be focused on someone else.