Chapter 77 | The Truth?

Obi-wan POV

I woke up this morning and went straight to a council meeting. There we further discussed my mission to Utapau which I will be leaving for this evening. And Master Yoda will also be leaving for Kashyyyk the same time as myself. We had originally scheduled to discuss Grievous this afternoon, but we decided on last night. We don't need him slipping away once again. And after this meeting I will be off to the war room, to give a report on the outer rim sieges.

"I would also like to add. That former Padawans (y/n) Kryze and Ahsoka Tano have successfully captured Maul. He is now in custody in the temple." Master Windu added.

"If Master Kenobi can successfully defeat General Grievous and we obtain more information from Darth Maul. We should become very close to ending this war and finding the Sith lord." Master Mundi commented. His voice crackling through his hologram.

"I don't think Maul will be that easy to crack. I went to talk to him yesterday. He didn't say a word. His eyes never investigated mine. But he was looking at (y/n) a lot yesterday. His gaze was glued to that boy." Master Windu commented.

"Don't you think that means that (y/n) should talk to Maul?" I suggested.

"(y/n) thought so too. But we can't let someone who's not a Jedi know the information that Maul holds."

"Trust (y/n), I do. A Jedi, he may not be. But use this information to the republic's disadvantage, he would not." Master Yoda interrupted.

"If (y/n) is our only path through which we can talk to Maul, then we must use it." Master Tinn firmly announced.

"I agree." Said multiple masters, including Master Plo and myself. Master Windu sighed in defeat.

"...Well, if we are unable to get Maul to talk, we will contact (y/n). Council adjourned. May the force be with us all." Windu concluded. All the masters who were holograms disappeared and the rest got up out of their seats.

"Obi-wan, speak with you, may I?" Master Yoda asked, walking up to me.

"Of course, Master." I replied. I wonder what he could have to talk about. After all the other Masters had left the council room, Master Yoda cleared his throat preparing to talk.

"Your former Padawan, concerned for him, I am."

"Why is that Master?"

"Spoke with him this morning, I did...Visions, he is having. Losing someone close to him, he fears." Master Yoda breathes out. And I know exactly who Anakin fears to lose. After Anakin, the Chancellor and I crash-landed back on to Coruscant yesterday morning. I knew exactly where he went. I knew who he would have spent the whole day and night with. Padmé. I've always had my suspicions of their relationship. But ever since the Rush Clovis incident I knew my suspicions were correct.

"Anakin has always been this way." I sighed.

"Ever since he lost his mother."

"The dark side, coming for Skywalker it is." Yoda said sounding helpless.

"Anakin will not turn to the dark side. I have trained him to resist those possible temptations, he is the chosen one. He will bring balance to the force."

"A prophecy, which may have been misread. Destroy this prophecy, Skywalker's emotions may have."

(y/n) POV

You woke up the next morning to a light tapping on your nose. Confused, you did your best to open your eyes and see that it was Ahsoka repetitively tapping your nose with her pointer finger. She had her head and arm resting on your chest.