Chapter 78 | Apologies

"Good evening (y/n), Ahsoka. It's good to see you two safe. Master Windu informed the council that you captured Maul, well done. Let's hope he can provide us with some useful information, most likely to you." Your father explains. Him and Anakin approach you and stop a few feet in front of you.

"We can only hope. I heard that you're now traveling to Utapau to kill General Grievous, all I can say is good luck. I hope this time we can finally catch the slippery bastard." You smiled.

"I hope so too. Along with you capturing Maul, Obi-wan going to fight Grievous, and the chancellor given extra power. We can only assume that this will finally be the end of this war." Anakin adds with passion. But he seemed quite nervous talking about the chancellor. You looked to your father who had a look of slight worry for his former padawan.

"Anyway...I best be off. Would you like to come with (y/n)?" Your father offered as he stepped onto the entry ramp.

"No thank you. I've still got to deal with Maul remember?" You reply smiling.

"Very well. I hope to see you when I return." You both nodded towards one another before he turned around and walked onto his ship leaving you and Ahsoka with Anakin for company. The nerves started building. You didn't want to talk to him right now. You wanted to prepare at least a little of what you were going to say. 'Guess I'll just have to improvise.'

"So, Anakin, how have things been since we last met?" you started.

"...They've been alright." He sighed. It was very clear they haven't.

"I've heard a few things. Well done on...killing Count Dooku. But it is a shame we have lost a vital link to Darth Sidious." You slowly hint. You peeked to your left and Ahsoka was giving you a stern, nasty look.

'Why would you say that?!'

'Actually, I think it'll be better if you talk with him first.' You reply.

"Actually. I forgot I promised Op I would meet up with him before he left. I'll be back soon. Sorry Anakin." You inform brightly. You give Ahsoka a peck on the cheek and briskly walk past Anakin towards...well you didn't know where. You just hoped Anakin would be more open with his former Padawan.

Ahsoka POV

Well, (y/n) just left me here by myself. I was kind of expecting him to speak the whole time, but I guess it's down to me now.

"So, Snips, have fun on Mandalore?" Anakin suddenly asked gleaming, must be trying to just forget the statement that (y/n) made before.

"It was quite a lot more work than I thought. Turns out looking for one person across the whole city is harder than you think."

"How did you find him then?"

"He came to us actually." I reply. The two of us started to walk side by side along the walkway. Both of us being partially blinded by the setting sun.

"Why would he do that?"

"...I'm not entirely sure yet." Then a very awkward silence covered the conversation.

"Hey Skyguy?" I asked. Anakin released a small chuckle, I guess he liked the nickname again.

"What?" I ask, smiling.

"Nothing just, you haven't called me Skyguy in a while." He chuckled.

"Well, it's nice to resort back to old habits." I gleam. Just looking at Anakin and evaluating what has happened recently. It's so easy to tell how much our relationship has changed, sometimes I wish it could go back to how it was.