Chapter 104 | Last Act of Heroism

Earlier on Tatooine

Anakin sat with (y/n)'s limp body lying in front of him. He was barely visible given it was the middle of the night on Tatooine. Anakin recalled his fight where he defeated Sidious, what won him the great battle was the buzzing flyby of a Tie-fighter.

So, Anakin knew that they would be coming back to check soon. So, Anakin forged a plan in his mind. He picked up (y/n)'s motionless body and placed him over his shoulder. Anakin made sure to take (y/n)'s lightsaber along with him.

Anakin now made a slow and tiring walk over the rocky terrain and across the flat desert back towards where their great fight once took place. Anakin trundled through the sand with (y/n) still over his shoulder. He walked past the broken and mangled body of General Grievous and kept on looking for what he was searching for.

Very close to Grievous' body Anakin found a lone brown robe. He towered over it and inspected it very closely.

"O...Obi-wan?" He murmured. But his Master did not respond. For he was not present. Anakin tapped the robes with his foot to make sure that there was nothing there, and there wasn't. Obi-wan had completely vanished.

Some tears broke free from Anakin's closed watery eyes and trailed down his face. Memories flooded back into his mind of his old Master. The times they spent together over the past 14 years. And he won't be able to make any new ones, because of him.

Anakin didn't want to waste time mourning though. He knew that there would be a fly by any moment now. So, he retreated back the way he came. Anakin picked up all of the discarded lightsabers across the sand and held them in one hand while the other supported (y/n) on his shoulder.

Anakin slowly made his way towards where he believed Mos Eisley to be. It was dark and windy, the conditions were far from suitable to be traveling unprotected in.

"Do you have shelter?"

"We'll head back to our ship."

"Is it far?"

"It's on the outskirts."

"You'll never reach the outskirts in time. Sandstorms are very very dangerous. Come on, I'll take you to my place."

A distant and long forgotten memory embedded itself back in the brain of Anakin. All that he could think about was her voice. What he'd do to hear that voice again. Her smooth angelic voice which he noticed with the first words she ever said to him. But he pushed any chance of that away.

After what felt like hours of relentless walking in the desert Anakin finally spotted the light from Mos Eisley. It gave him the encouragement to keep going. Anakin did not want to waste any energy. He knew he would need to use as much energy he could soon for a different purpose.

So, he continued his slow march in to Mos Eisley, avoiding the crashed gunship which was currently being looted by thieves and Jawas. Out of the corner of his eye Anakin watched as Jawa was pulling out the stiff corpse of Padmé's protocol droid. Which...once long ago...was his. He built him, and 3PO met his end.

Walking through the alleys and streets of Mos Eisley, Anakin finally stumbled across the spaceport. He wasted no time staring and went inside. He tried many doors to docking bays, but they were all locked. He now approached the door to docking bay 94. So, for the 94th time he pressed the button to open the door. And it opened without issue/

In the docking bay was a small white light freighter. It was a circular shape with the cockpit extending out along side two wings pointing in the same direction of the cockpit.

"At least no one will miss this load of junk." Anakin murmured to himself. He closed the door of docking bay 94 and walked towards the parked ship. The ship already had its ramp extended which brought the worry that people may be onboard.