Chapter 82 | The Chancellors Words

You rushed out of the room and quickly chased after Anakin. As you made your way through the temple you caught up to Anakin and see him entering the hangar. You run into the hangar after him and approach him before he gets in his ship.

"Anakin!" You called out. He turned around from his ship and nodded for you to continue.

"The council decided that I should be going and informing the chancellor of these developments. This job that the council has given you is not anything you should be doing."

"So, you've now taken over this...investigation?" Anakin asks, referring to his objective appropriately.

"Yes. And Anakin I'm with you. I don't know what the Jedi are worrying about with the chancellor. To me he's just doing what he needs to do for the republic. And a transition of chancellor is not something the republic needs at the moment." You told him honestly. His stresses state started to deflate and ease at your words.

"Thank you (y/n). I'm glad someone agrees." Anakin comfortingly added. Before he walked off you wanted to know what he has been stressing about so much today.

"Anakin?"

"...yes?"

"You don't have to answer but...you seem, rather stressed today." You carefully mentioned. He sighed to your response and built up some courage to inform you of why.

"I know that you know (y/n)." He said.

"Know what?"

"About Padmé...her pregnancy." He managed to say. Surely, he couldn't be this stressed over just you knowing about it.

"Is that the reason you're like this? It sounds like there is more." You say.

"There is." Anakin then inhales deeply and focuses on keeping himself steady.

"Padmé is pregnant with triplets." He whimpered. You mouth sprung open in shock. He wasn't joking, you could tell by the look on his face. How are they going to take care of triplets?

"Anakin, that's amazing." You breathed out.

"I understand how that can be stressful...but it will be fine. And they are going to be great. They have you as a father." You confidently stated. To your surprise, he smiled at your comment. It was quite nice to see him smiling again. Then his face returned to that same look of stress from before.

"You should get going (y/n)."

"Of course." You replied. You jumped into the small ship that stood beside the two of you and flew out of the hangar and made the small trip to the Senate building. But you were stuck on wondering what Anakin was thinking about that made that slight glimmer of happiness of fade away.

~

You casually walked towards the large office of the chancellor of the republic. You were slightly nervous since you never really talked with him alone. But you were more eager to just go in, talk to him and be done with it. You knew that he shouldn't be anything to worry about. It's not like he is the Sith you were looking for. How would a Sith successfully become the chancellor of the opposing side.

You entered through the door and saw the chancellor working at his station. He watched a large red hologram of data. When he heard your presence and turned around to see you. His expression was not very inviting.

"Chancellor. I have come to inform you that we have just received word from General Kenobi on Utapau. Sadly, General Grievous was able to slip away once again. But 4 of the separatist leaders have been captured." You informed him.

"It's a shame isn't it?" He responded.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't you think that the council should have sent, more than one Jedi with Master Kenobi?" He pondered.