Chapter 79 | We All Need Love

"I don't believe you." Anakin mutters.

"Why don't you believe me Anakin?"

"Why? Because you come up to me and out of nowhere and tell me that I am becoming a Sith." He spat.

"Anakin I'm not say-"

"You are saying that...You know I think I preferred it when you were out of my life. You're only causing me trouble." What did he just say?

"I'm...causing you trouble?" You question confused. He's kidding right?

"Well I'm sorry that I saved Ahsoka's life countless times...I'm sorry that I supported your marriage and told no one. I'm sorry that I let go of my hatred towards you...I'm sorry that you told my father about my relationship...I'm sorry that you tried to pry me and Ahsoka apart almost every day! And I'm sorry that you nearly fucking murdered me!" You yelled uncontrollably. How can Anakin think that you are in the wrong? After everything he is done, he will always be so stubborn.

"But you know what Anakin? I don't care about that anymore. Why? Because it isn't your fault, truly. You are being swayed towards the dark side. Maul told me himself and you can ask Ahsoka if you'd like, Sidious has been grooming you to become his new apprentice. And now...with the loss of Count Dooku, I'm sure Sidious will be in contact with you soon...or already is." You deadpan. Your long speech filled with different emotions brought Anakin into a deep thought. His eyes stayed glued to the floor in front of him. 'Anakin please, just listen to me.' You beg to him in your head. If only there were a better way to explain all of this.

After a long while of waiting. Anakin's head lifted to your height. His blue eyes met yours...but you couldn't read them. You couldn't really tell anything of his emotions. His mouth started to quiver. Words wanted to come out, but they never did. 'He's speechless, a feeling I have felt far too often.'

"Anakin...just go home...and be with Padmé. You need her presence right now, alright?" You politely and gently inform him. Bringing your comforting bare hand to his shoulder. A shaky nod is all you get in response. But it's enough to let you know that he is considering what you have said.

You give his shoulder a small tap before walking around him and now...to find Ahsoka.

Padmé POV

I heard a knock at the door. It was quite late, and I was just getting ready to go to bed. I had just gotten dressed into my sleeping gown. So, I got up, grabbed a navy-blue robe from my closet and walked towards the door. Another knock lightly wraps against my door.

"Coming." I call out. I wrap my robe around myself before pressing the button to unlock and open the door.

"Ani!" I squeal. I throw my arms around his neck and shove my face into the crook of his neck. I wasn't expecting him to come over tonight. I pull away from him and place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Are you alright?" He immediately asks.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. What are you doing here?" I ask, stroking his arms.

"I just came because I wanted to be with you."

"I'm here Ani." I coo. Once again pulling him back into a hug. I pull him inside and then shut the door. Anakin went over and sat on the backrest of the couch. He started to play with his fingers, and I could immediately tell that something was off.

"Ani, I thought you were supposed to be with the Chancellor tonight, at the show?" I ask, he told me about it this morning and he seemed quite nervous about going.

"I...didn't go. I needed to see you."

"Well, I love you for that." I tell him. I walk up to him and stand in between his legs. I place a hand on the side of his face and start to play with the long strands of hair. I love his long hair so much better than what it was before.