Chapter 27 | Telling Obi-wan

"Master, will I be going to Naboo?" You questioned hopefully. The two of you had just come out of the important meeting with the council. In the briefing room Master Windu informed every one of the situation, that your father is undercover on Naboo to protect the Chancellor from being kidnapped by the separatists.

"I'm afraid not (y/n), the council already has this all planned out." He replied.

"Well, can I at least go the day after?" You asked reasonably.

Your master sighs. "I will see what I can do, but I wouldn't give my hopes up."

Rolling your eyes, you avert your gaze to the briefing room entrance whilst your foot starts to tap rapidly against the hard ground in frustration.

"(y/n), are you all right?" Your master questions, obviously already knowing the answer.

"No master, I'm not. I just found out that my father is still alive, and I'm not allowed to go help him, or even meet him after this is all over." You gritted, attempting to contain your anger.

"You need to control your emotions."

You scoff. "Haven't heard that one before."

"Doesn't mean you should have lest respect for my request."

"I know master, but that's all you and the Jedi ever say. Aren't we supposed to be caring and selfless keepers of the peace? But all we are and what we're made out to be are just emotionless soldiers." You argue glumly. You always had high expectations for becoming Jedi, but ever since you became a padawan the true and sad reality of the fate you had been given dawned upon you.

"(y/n). You need to trust in the council's decision. I agree with you that it may sometimes not feel right, but we have to do what is best." Your master remarks, placing his hand on your shoulder. "Remember we are in a sophisticated galactic war. It's impossible to satisfy everyone."

Dwelling on your master's point you come to see how everything can not be perfect for you. Yes, uniting with your father for the first time is important to you, but is it worth possibly ruining an important mission?

"(y/n). Go, have a shower, and grab some rest. We will meditate together in the first hours of sunlight." Your master comforted you, giving you a soothing squeeze on your shoulder before he walked off. Deciding to obey his request you make your way back to your personal quarters with the thought of calling your mother.

~

"Hi (y/n)." Your mother greets, with a genuine and love filled smile.

"Hi M-Mum." You stuttered.

"Still hard to get comfortable saying it?" She asked. You nodded, sending a small smile her way which she reciprocated.

"Why did you call, my dear?"

"I called because I-umm know where Obi-wan is. He is currently undercover for a kidnap attempt on the chancellor that will take place tomorrow night on Naboo."

"Oh wow. Is Obi all right?"

"Unfortunately, Master Windu said they haven't heard from him in a couple days." You delivered smoothly.

"I assume you're going, right?"

You sighed. "...No, the council won't let me."

"...That's why I...want you to go the day after tomorrow. Obi-wan should be there and he should be fine to talk?"

"Is that what you want?" Your mother pondered. You nodded in response.

"Alright, I'll go."

"Thank you mum...Oh it is going to be so awkward when he gets back." You admit, pushing out a laugh.