Chapter 73 | The Dark Side

You and Ahsoka, accompanied by Rex, sped through the city of Sindari on a small speeder, towards the access point where there was just an attack. You kept your helmet on and your head forward. You didn't want to continue your conversation with Ahsoka. Maul was up to something devious, something that you would not expect. You...and only you were determined to find out what.

The speeder stopped and you all hopped off and entered an elevator to bring the three of you down to the access point. As you made your way down, a dark and unsettling feeling grew in your gut. Nerves and anxiety overcoming you. You were greeted by a 332nd clone when you departed from the lift.

"We got ambushed on our way to reinforce the entry port on C-deck." He informed, approaching the three of you.

"Rex, please go and make sure that C-deck is 100% fortified." You commanded.

"Yes, sir." He answered and walked back towards the lift with the clone which greeted you. The unsettling silence was replaced with the struggling coughs and groans of a clone. Looking to the side, you saw him, sitting against the wall helpless with one brother beside him.

"Commander!" He coughed, once sighting Ahsoka.

"I'm here trooper. It's Sterling isn't it?" Ahsoka reassures, as she rushed to the clone's side, kneeling close to him.

"Yes, you...you need to know...Maul...he...he went right through us. One by one...he was...he was asking about you...and (y/n)...the ARC trooper, Jesse. Maul realized he was older, somehow looked into his mind...and...and he took him, took Jesse alive!" The clone explained, mixed among his croaking and coughing. 'So, Maul wants to know more about us.' You concluded.

"Do you know where he could have taken him?" You gently, asked approaching them.

"It was all...such a blur...I-I didn't see where he came from...or where he went."

"I'm afraid it seems like we cannot help Jesse at this current point in time." You admit.

"Ahsoka, you should go and speak with Almec, see if he can tell us more about Maul, prior to the siege. I'll stay down here and see if I can find anything." You informed confidently. After a few seconds of eye contact, Ahsoka sent a simple nod your way and made her way passed you towards the lift.

"Did Maul say anything else?" You whispered to the clone, now bending down to his eye level.

"He just wanted information...but...but he also asked us why the General wasn't with us."

"Anakin?"

"Yes, he found it strange that we would be here...without him...Sounded like he wanted General Skywalker to come...instead of you and the commander."

"Why would he want him...(y/n)?"

"I-I don't know Sterling...but I am going to find out."

Ahsoka POV

Myself, Bo Katan and Rex walked towards the cell of the prime minister Almec. We needed answers.

"I am flattered that you could find the time to see me." Almec spoke with amusement.

"What is Maul's plan. How is he going to escape?" Bo questioned.

"Maul is not trying to escape because he sees no point in doing so." Almec chuckled.

"He believes he can defeat us?"

"No, that's not it. For weeks now he's been consumed by a strange sense of dread." Almec retorted. What could Maul be dreading?

"Did he mention Sidious?" I questioned, since (y/n) wasn't here I was fine discussing the matter. I know that (y/n)s opinion on Sidious is constructed by the Jedi. So, I'd rather figure him out myself.