Chapter 32 | A New Position

"Commander Kryze here." You greet tiredly into your comlink. It's much earlier than you would usually be up, so you were unsure and slightly frustrated as to why you've been called so early.

"Commander, this is Commander Wolffe. I will need you to come to the barracks immediately sir. I'll be waiting for you outside."

"Why so early Wolffe?" You asked.

"I'm sorry sir, but this is quite important."

You sighed. "Ok, I'll be there in a bit." You end the call and manage to pull yourself out of the warm covers of Ahsoka's bed and begin getting dressed for this important morning matter.

Ahsoka yawned from the bed. "Why the barracks?"

"I don't have a clue." You remarked, pulling your robes over your head. "Go back to sleep Soka, it's still a while before you have to get up."

You sit on the edge of the bed and slide your boots on. Once you're all dressed, including both lightsabers on your belt, you glide over to Ahsoka's side of the bed, and lean down placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I love you." You whisper. She smiles at the gesture which manages to crack a smile onto your face despite your annoyance at this early morning matter.

~

"What the..." You utter to yourself. Right in front of you, as you hover on your speeder which has just pulled into the barracks, is a sea of clones, all in orange and white. You park your speeder, while never taking your eyes away from the army of troopers all organized in front of you.

You spot your master and Wolffe standing in front of the clones, with another clone who you make out to be Commander Cody. "What's going on here?" You question the group.

"Well Commander. Due to the departure of General Kenobi the 212th have been left with only 1 commander which is insufficient leadership for a battalion." Wolffe explains.

"So, who will become second commander then?" You ponder.

"Well, after the recent changes to the grand army's configuration, a Jedi general is now required to lead a battalion alongside a commander." Wolffe continues. 'Where is this going?' You ask yourself.

"(y/n)...Wolffe and I have been paying close attention to you and your leadership skills, and we've concluded that you are mature and brave enough...to lead a battalion. And after some discussion with the troops, the 212th chose you." Your master confirms.

You drop your jaw in shock. "M-Master? A battalion?"

"Yes (y/n). You are now general of the 212th attack battalion."

You turn your head to gaze at the hundreds of troopers standing at attention. "But I can't be a general. I'm still a padawan." You bring up. Your master walks up to you and places his hand on your shoulder.

"(y/n), for the whole time I have been training you, I could not be prouder. You have adapted so quickly to all of the changes in your life. You are still a padawan, but I presume not for long. And I presume in the close future you'll even become a Master." It was difficult to believe the words your Master was saying.

He continues. "The point is (y/n), you have one of the closest connections with the force that I have seen in any Jedi. You are quickly becoming one of the best Jedi in the order, and I mean that."

You were overwhelmed at his praises, never had you considered yourself one of the best, or strongest, you always thought you were just an ordinary Jedi.

"Master, thank you for everything you have taught me. I wouldn't be the way I am without your guidance and teaching." It's all you can say, all you can do is thank him for everything he has done.