Chapter 101 | Redemption

Anakin POV

"...So be it...Jedi." Sidious spat. I reached out in front of me and pulled the lightsaber that belonged to (y/n) towards me. It flew past Sidious straight into my right hand. I ignited the (colour) blade and held it vertically in front of me, challenging Sidious.

Sidious ignited his own lightsaber and slowly moved the crimson blade in front of him as well. Now our two blades were side by side, just inches away from each other. And it was I who struck first. I can't let the Sith gain the upper hand.

I crashed (y/n)'s blade against Sidious', pushing it aside. I brought the lightsaber back above my head and precisely swung downward. Sidious was only just able to bring his lightsaber above his head to block the attack.

Our two blades grind against each other as I apply as much force as I can into pushing our locked blades closer and closer to the face of the struggling Sith. Never had I focused more on one sole objective in my life. Defeating him was necessary, not just for me, but for everyone who lives and everyone who will live.

This is the selfless way of the Jedi.

Our rubbing blades slowly slid away from Sidious and disconnected when he gave them both a firm push away from him. Sidous was startled. I could see that through the hatred that bubbled in his yellow eyes. I knew what the Sith thought like. I knew what they were constantly thinking about...themselves.

I didn't waste any more time and attacked Sidious again. I slashed for his abdomen four times, twice both left and right in quick succession. Which were all flicked away by Sidious' crimson blade. I brought my left hand to the hilt of (y/n)'s lightsaber and readied myself for great intensity.

I started to quickly attack Sidious. My soul focus was speed. I was managing to force Sidious backwards across the rocky terrain. He tried desperately to block all of my attacks and did quite well in achieving that. My stamina was slowly depleting, and with that my speed.

This gave Sidious the opportunity for offense. When one swing was wider than I had aimed for, instead of blocking Sidious side stepped so the blade completely missed him. He used this gap of time to swing his red blade horizontally at great speed.

I could only barely bring (y/n)'s blade back up to block the attack which had so much power behind it.

"You will never be anything Anakin. The Jedi way can't promise you power or strength. Only through the nature of the Sith can that be achieved." Sidious snarled to me. I ignored his words of trickery. I won't be fooled again to devoting myself to him and the Sith.

When I saw Padmé and our children, I couldn't have been more hurt and more disappointed in myself. The look of terror written on their faces wasn't because of anything else. It was only because of me. I let myself become a monster. Now I strive to make sure no beasts filled with rage such as that will ever exist in this galaxy again.

"You cannot fool me again Sidious. You are nothing, nothing compared to the Jedi." I snarled back as our blades collided right between our two faces.

"Nothing? Look at all the Jedi now! They are all dead. They are lying on the floor around us because they are weak and inferior to the power of the dark side." Sidious remarked, each word pouring from his mouth like breaths of fire.

"The Jedi are not dead. We live forever. We are eternal beings of the light side of the force. And you are only a slave to the dark side of it." I grumbled.

Sidious now seemed tired of my words. I'm not the same Jedi I was before this. I was weak and susceptible to confusion and doubt. But now I strongly follow the philosophy of (y/n) Kryze. His words meant everything to me.