Chapter 80 | Change in Plans

3rd Person

The Chancellor was expecting company this evening, but he didn't get it. His friend in young Skywalker agreed to meet with him at the art show in upper class Coruscant, but Anakin never arrived. Confused, the chancellor set off early from the show, not bothering for to wait for it to end. Because his only purpose being there was to speak with Skywalker.

Chancellor Palpatine traveled back to the senate building with his entourage. As they approached the door to his glorious office the chancellor stopped them from following him.

"I have some waiting transmissions to attend to, please, leave me." He coolly said. All three of them behind him silently nodded and walked out of the office returning from where they came. Palpatine took one last look at them turning the corner and entering his office. Immediately closing the door behind him.

The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic calmly walked towards his desk. There he pulled out a large black robe from a hidden compartment under his desk. Palpatine measured the robe with his eyes before sticking both arms through the sleeves. He brought the robe fully around his body. And finally dipped the black clothed hood very low, so he was barely recognizable.

He walked only a few more steps to the other side of his desk. There stood a prominent hologram device. With only one push of the button from Palpatine his call was sent deep into space, into the outer rim. Almost instantly the call was received, and a large cybernetic blue figure appeared before him.

"Lord Sidious. What do I owe the pleasure?" croaked a sick and crackling voice.

"General Grievous. What is your status on Utapau?" said the now much more chilling voice of Palpatine.

"I am unable to move the separatist leaders to Mustafar in time. The republic has already arrived, and we are only minutes away from being found." Grievous replied.

"Don't bother moving the separatists anywhere else. Let them return to where they once were." Palpatine informed the cyborg general.

"But I thought this war was coming to an end my lord." Grievous replied.

"I'm afraid...a very minor inconvenience may have gotten in the way of that being achieved. And I need to focus on ensuring that this one inconvenience doesn't turn into many." Palpatine answered, but Grievous still waited anxiously for the rest of what the double agent had to say.

"General Grievous, I want you to prolong the clone wars, and with it the outer rim sieges. Your mission on Utapau is to get as many separatist leaders back to their systems and clans. And for you to escape." Palpatine spat towards the general. Intimidating Grievous to the maximum.

"...Y-yes Lord Sidious."

(y/n) POV

You woke up to the soothing sounds of Ahsoka's breath. Her head lays on your bare chest and she just looked so peaceful and adorable. You brought your hand up and laid it on her lekku. You stroked them softly as she continued to slowly rise and fall.

"Good morning." She spoke softly. It startled you, usually she is a very heavy sleeper.

"Hey you." You cheer back. She pulled herself up closer to you and basically lied on top of you. Her forehead connected with yours and you couldn't help the massive smile that broadened on your face.

"So...what are we up to today?" She cheerfully asked. She bent down and planted a passionate kiss on your lips before you could answer. 'And why did she do that? I don't know, but I loved it.'

She pulled back and that massive smile remained on your face.

"What?"

"Nothing...it's just you."