Chapter 67 | May the Force Be With You

You brought your hand to your waist band, snatching your own hilt from it's clip and igniting it along side Barriss' blue blade. She would not emerge victorious. You quickly glided towards her, swinging for both her head and feet, she stopped her feet from meeting your blade and ducked under her own. You pulled back both of your blades and started to attack both sides of Barriss. She would barely deflect all, while slowly being pushed back towards the door. All three of the blades often crashed into the walls and ceiling of the small quarters, leaving small hot, orange trails behind.

Barriss was eventually pushed into her door. You took the opportunity to start a lock up, you swung both of your lightsabers for her mid section. Her red blade struggling to protect herself from you.

"So Barriss, would you like to tell me why you orchestrated all of this?" You interrogated harshly, still showing her your confidence.

"It would be unwise for me to tell you." she snarled. She continued to struggle under the pressure from you. So she quickly reached over to the door controls with one hand, to quickly open the door. Once it slid open, she rolled backwards out into the hall. You followed her and connected your lightsabers once again.

You quickly overwhelmed her, striking with quick and precise attacks, ones she could block, but none where you would lose your advantage. You noticed her expression turning worried and fearful. You were getting close to landing a hit. But before that happened, she kicked you in the stomach and ran away. It didn't hurt you much, but it let her slip away.

You immediately gave chase, following her through the halls.

"Barriss stop!" you yelled, but there was no reply or acknowledgment of your words. You started to lose her, slowly losing her into the distance. So you did what any smart would do, and cheat in a running race. You jumped into the air and activated the jet pack on your back, it quickly propelled you forwards towards Barriss. You hastily gained on her position. You hovered above her and turned off your pack, dropping you to the floor in front of her. She was shocked on how you managed to get in front of her. You quickly leaped towards her, with a harsh kick to the stomach which sent her onto the floor. She jumped up and before she could run, you threw her lightsaber at her. It flew through the air towards her, but she ducked underneath it and sliced the hilt into two. You didn't think she could have the capabilities and skill to do that.

"A little trick I learned from Ahsoka." Barriss smiled.

"Don't think I need two lightsaber to take you in." you spat, walking towards her. She looked in the opposite direction to see two temple guards also walking towards her, their saffron blades ignited. A smile grew onto your face as you inched closer to her. Realizing she was trapped, Barris took the opportunity to jump and break through the window of the hall. You watched her disappear from sight, you quickly jumped out as well and landed on top of a surface. You took a look around and realized you were on one of the sacred 12 pillars at the temple entrance.

You chased after Barriss, who jumped from one pillar to one of the two in the center. You did the same. She jumped to one of the 4 front pillars, and you also quickly followed. She slowed down as she approached the edge. You did the same and went to a walking pace.

Chancellor Palpatine POV (Oh Shit!)

It was failing yet again.

"Lord Tyranus, the dyad in the Jedi order is too powerful to control. Both of them, must be eliminated when the time comes."

"But Master, if they are so powerful, their likelihood for survival would be quite high."

"If they do survive...Then I will seek to eliminating them...personally."