Chapter 84 | Light or Dark

Ahsoka POV

I flew with Rex and Cody towards the Senate building. I couldn't stop tapping my feet the whole ride their, the nerves were so much at the moment, and I'm sure (y/n)'s were worse.

We were one of the first gunships to land. But we were closely followed by hundreds of gunships filled with troops and Jedi.

As soon as it was safe to get off of the ship, I sprinted out in the direction of the Senate building.

I saw hundreds and thousands of people of all races, running for their lives. But I noticed one stand out in particular.

Once I saw her, I made a b-line directly for her position. Once I was standing in front of her I was engulfed into a quick tight hug.

"Thank goodness Ahsoka, do you know what is going on?" Padmé asked desperately.

"There is a lot to explain but just come with me first." I pleaded. She nodded and turned to Senator Organa who had been evacuating with her, and he also followed us.

Once we had gotten far away from the building, we weaved our way through troopers to get behind them for safety.

"Ahsoka, what is going on? Where is Anakin and where is (y/n)?" She cried holding both of my arms. The stress and concern she had before starting to pour out in small tears.

"...They're inside." I inform her gently. She looks up to me with a crushed look on her face, like her life may have just been ripped away from her.

"What?" She stuttered.

"Then why aren't they coming out. I don't see them." She huffed as she looked over the clones possibly hoping to find any glimpse of them.

"I know. They have to stay inside." I told her, my voice beginning to shake as for the first time I'm also hearing the cold har truth, which was escaping from my lips.

"Ahsoka what is happening?" Padmé begged with the most serious and stern expression. This look was telling me that I have no other choice than to tell her the truth.

"(y/n)...found the Sith Lord...and (y/n) is going to have to same Anakin from him." I admit, letting the tears which had been welling roll down my face. Padmé grabbed both of my hands firmly and pulled me into the tightest hug I think I have ever received, even all of (y/n)s.

I tight embrace which I wanted to last forever was broken by a harsh tapping on my shoulder.

"Excuse me Advisor, but we have instructed that all senators are to completely evacuate the Senate buildings grounds." A clone informed quickly.

"Can you just fuck off Fox!" I scream at him. I've had it up to here with Fox and his so extremely strict and professional ways. With everything happening right now I just can't deal with him.

"Ahsoka...it's alright." Padmé assured me. She broke the embrace and held my shoulders.

"(y/n) will be alright, I promise." She gently told me. And the way she said it made me believe it.

"I know...and I know that (y/n) is going to get Anakin out of this as well." I told her as we quickly came together for another quick hug.

She was then pulled away by a few Coruscant guards to be taken off the Senate building grounds. I could already a see a small crowd of workers and civilians waiting anxiously outside the grounds, waiting so they can know what is happening.

I made my way back to the front of the clones. I stood along side Rex and the 501st since obviously...Anakin was not present.

Now I think it was just the waiting game. There were about 50 clones to each commander or general. All marching around the whole perimeter of the building.