Chapter 94 | Darth Vader

Ahsoka POV

The clean white shuttle descended. It thudded against the rocky terrain surrounding us. The white ramp slowly lowered towards the surface. And the first thing I see is just thick black robes. They dragged across the ramp behind the man who I initially thought was Sidious. But once I saw his face...and those eyes I knew it was him.

Once he made his way out from the cover of his new ship into the blaring sunlight and heat of Tatooine. He turned to us. He was still quite far away, but I could feel those Sith yellow eyes penetrating my soul. I never knew he could look at me like that.

I quickly felt the familiar warmth of (y/n)'s hand wrapping around mine, and he brought his other hand to my shoulder.

"We'll do this together, my love." He whispered with his head hovering over my shoulder. He held me tightly against him with my back flush against his chest as we continued to look upon the Sith who just exited his ship.

(y/n) took his hand away from my shoulder and stepped next to me. I made sure to keep our hands held as tightly as I could. I never want to let go.

He turned to me and the look on his face was nothing I had ever seen from him before. At first glance he looked troubled and sad, but as I look more, I can see the horror that is being masked over. A simple nod is the only thing he does. And that starts our short walk towards the ship.

We navigate ourselves over the rocky surface and I keep my eyes glued to where I'm stepping. (y/n) seems to have a small slip and his grip on my hand weakens. I'm instantly terrified at losing contact with him and bring my other hand to hold him up.

I look up into his eyes as he looks into mine. We both turn our heads to the side and see him. Only a few meters in front of us. His expression was so content, but focused. He was filled with desire and greed. And that's when I think I made the conclusion that Anakin...he was gone.

(y/n) POV

When you were on Coruscant, when you last saw Anakin you knew there was still apart of him present. A part of the loyal teacher, the fearsome general, the caring husband. But now...you aren't so sure.

You stare into his yellow eyes as you made the painful decision to let go of Ahsoka's hand. She shot you a quick look of worry and fear from your loss of contact.

'It's alright, my love.'

With that the two of you slowly started t circle Vader until your standoff formed the shape of a triangle.

"Let's not waste time and lives shall we. If you tell me where Padmé is I will let you pass freely." His voice wasn't the same. You could feel the frustration and pain lacing his voice.

"You are the one who drove her away...So you should find her yourself." You replied coolly with a loud booming voice. Vader then slowly removed his hood from over his head. He then brought his hands to his sides to start to remove his large robe.

"I knew that you would refuse to cooperate." He spat as his all back robe pooled around his feet on the dusty ground. You could now see his new attire. It matched his previous clothing a lot. Except all was the darkest shade of black with gloves on both of his hands.

Once his robes were off it became a stand-off. No more words were spoken as the three of you all looked back and forth between the other two. But it was Vader who made the first move.

He furiously dashed towards Ahsoka, igniting his crimson blade in the process. He moved as quick as lightning. Ahsoka was able to ignite both of her lightsabers in time and defend herself from her former Master.