Chapter 31 | Her Comfort

You and Ahsoka were walking down the halls aimlessly and silently. Just the presence of Ahsoka, hearing her footsteps and her breathing was relaxing enough to keep you thinking rationally and not burst out in pent up frustration at today's events.

You heard the approaching footsteps of someone from behind. You quickly turned on your heel to see your Master coming towards you.

"Master, I'd rather not speak with you at this moment, sorry." You said in a monotone voice.

"(y/n) please listen. Master Windu has-"

"Master Windu? Really?" You interrupt. "You have come to talk to me when you know I do not want your presence. And the first thing you say is 'Master Windu'?" It took both Ahsoka and your master by shock when you spoke back like that.

"(y/n). I'm sorry but-" your Master continues but stops when you hold your hand up signalling him to stop.

"Master, later." You utter. They both go speechless once more, and before they can get a word out, you walk off.

Ahsoka POV

"I'll go talk to him." I tell Master Plo, quickly turning to catch up to (y/n).

"Ahsoka..." I look back to him awaiting his comment.

"Tell (y/n)...I'm sorry." Master Plo states sincerely. I nod and walk at a quick pace to catch up to (y/n). I wish I could just take his pain away.

I approach his side. "Care to tell me what's wrong?" I hesitantly as.

"Well, I'm not very fond of Master Windu right now. He just sends away one of the best Jedi in the order without a care in the galaxy. I thought they were friends. I thought the reputation Obi-wan built over all these years was enough to not be torn down by one mistake in the past." (y/n) explains in frustration.

"Master Plo told me that he was sorry, he doesn't mean to hurt you, he cares for you." I convince.

He sighs. "I know."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I hesitantly ask once again. I'd do anything to make sure he stays calm and controls his emotions.

"Yeah, yeah I would like to talk about it. But I don't want to make you listen to all my problems." He says shyly.

"(y/n). We are a team, and I will help you get through this. I know you would do the same for me." I reply truthfully.

A small smile forms on his lips. "Oh I love you so much." (y/n) expresses in a rather normal volume with other people around. I quietly shush him and he flashes a quick look of guilt.

"Sorry." He whispers.

"It's ok. I love you too." I whisper back. We both smile at each other with glee.

(y/n) and I continue to just walk together, he talked to me about what happened in the council room, and his father leaving in general. At least (y/n) was able to stay calm, and not get angry. His life has been so up and down recently, I don't know how he can cope with this.

"Do you wanna go to bed?" I suggest, after observing (y/n) let out a long yawn.

"Yeah, it's getting pretty late." He replied. After a short walk we find ourselves entering my quarters. (y/n) quickly takes his large robe off and folds it, placing it neatly against the wall.

"Hold me." I whisper as I walk towards him. I place both of my hands on his chest and nuzzle my head under his chin. I feel him wrap his arms around me, which feels so warm and safe.

"I'm not complaining but why do you want me to hold you?" He asks.

"Because I know it helps you feel calm and relaxed." I say quietly. He responds by planting a kiss on the top of my head. I feel so comfortable and relaxed wrapped up inside of (y/n)'s arms. So much so that I start to close my eyes and gently drift away. I hear (y/n) let out a quiet chuckle before I feel my feet lift off the floor. I open my eyes to see (y/n) with a genuine smile on his face, now carrying me bridal style towards my bed.