Chapter 13 | A Favor For The Duchess

~Flashback~

"(y/n), just stay in here sweetie." Your mother ushered you, blocking you from trying to escape the small, confined space beneath the floorboards of your living room.

Loud bangs and cracks could be heard from the surrounding homes in the apartment building. "What is that? Why is it so loud?" You groaned, raising your hands to cover your ears.

"There are bad people coming (y/n). You just stay down here, and we'll protect you. Don't come out until we come back, Ok?" Your father asserted with fear lacing his voice. "Ok Dad." You replied shortly, starting to grow fearful. 'Who were these bad people?'

The cracking and booming sounds grew greater in volume, putting terrified looks on both your parent's faces. Your Mother took one step into the small space you were in. "(y/n), I love you so much, Ok? Your very strong, and I know that you'll lead a great life." She teared up whilst embracing you tightly.

"Why are you crying Mom?" You asked with concern. Your father pulled your mother off of you and knelt down to get closer to your face.

"(y/n)...no matter what happens, remember to always be at peace, and to never let your hatred dictate your actions." Your father told you sternly. Pounding could be heard at your door now. Your father's eyes raced to the direction of the door then quickly back to you.

"Trust...only in the force."

"The force?"

"I'm sure you'll learn about it soon enough." The you heard the snap of the front door being broken. Your father instantly shut the trapdoor over your head, leaving you in complete darkness.

"Get out of my home!" Your mother screeched in a struggling voice.

"I might leave your home, if you know where a certain child is. I don't know, one that can make objects float with his mind?" A man threatened, his voice muffled by presumably a helmet.

Then you heard two blaster shots quickly fire after each other, followed by a thud to the ground which you felt in your body. "Coet!" Your mother cried. That...was the name of your father.

"Now, tell me where this child is!" The man ordered.

"A Jedi? You think there would be a Jedi on Man-" Another blaster shot silenced the words coming from your mothers' mouth.

"The kid's not here, bomb it." The man commanded in a normal voice. You crawled to the bottom of your small hiding space to get as far away from the explosion. A few seconds later, you heard it. The massive sound of an explosion happening right above you. Your hands covered your ears but that wasn't enough to stop the ringing.

You groaned and cried due to the pain in your ears and your head. It never seemed to stop. But as time went on, it slowly started to dissipate. And eventually you were greeted with the comfort of silence for the first time this day. The combination of complete silence and complete darkness putting you at ease.

And they were both broken when the trap door opened once again. "Dad?" You questioned as you watched the door continue to rise until you saw who had opened it.

"You're not my dad." You muttered while observing the figure. It was a man wearing weird white robes. He had light brown angelic hair, flowing down just above his shoulders, as well as a short brown beard.

"No...I'm not." He sighed, with a look of compassion on his face.

"T-Then who are you?" You asked cautiously. 'Was he the bad person that Dad told me about?'