Chapter 86 | Order 66

Wolffe POV

I stood in front of the small company I had brought to the senate building. I couldn't control the rapid tapping of my foot though. I was letting the stress and fear get to me. I'm so worried about (y/n). When Commander Tano said that he was inside I-I just couldn't believe it. I mean we had basically grown up together me and him, and to see him leading the charge, and him facing our greatest enemy alone. I don't know if I should be proud or worried.

But Master Plo was worried, even though he was quite hard to read I knew from his voice and body language.

But no one was more startled or on edge as Commander Tano. She kept pacing back and forth, biting her fingernails. I considered going over to her to calm her down, but I saw what she said to Fox earlier and I think it would just be better if I left her alone.

Every single person's eyes were glued to the window of the Chancellor office. It was only a one-way window, so only those inside could see out of it into the city. But we all still gazed at the window waiting for something to happen.

~

After a few hours had passed, nothing had happened. There was definitely only 3 people left in that entire building.

My gaze to the buildings window was finally broken when Commander Tano came into my line of sight. She held her head to her hands as if she was trying to hear something by blocking out the other sounds. And after a couple seconds her eyes lit up.

She ran forward towards the senate building but stopped once she was just under the lip of the building. I watched her as she knelt onto the ground with her legs crossed. She closed her eyes and relaxed her body.

Everyone watched Commander Tano, confused but also curious. She had started to float only a few inches above the ground, but I could tell you I had never seen a face of more concentration.

A few minutes later, we heard an explosion. It was a wicked sound and had so much volume. It felt as if I had just been struck with lightning. But it didn't even make Commander Tano flinch.

"212th! We're going inside! Stick close to me!" General Kenobi shouted towards him men. He made his way past Commander Tano keeping his distance and in followed the company of 212th clones led by General Kenobi and Cody. I wonder what they were planning to do.

I watched the orange and white of the 212th disappear into the senate building so I returned my gaze back to the window. And just as I did, there was no window.

I heard every clone shift as they lifted their rifles and blasters towards the window. From my point of view, I couldn't see much, just lights of yellow, that was until I saw a body start to hang from where the window was. It was the chancellor.

Then (y/n) came into frame holding his lightsaber to his throat. I watched on in confusion until (y/n)'s body suddenly flung from the building.

"(y/n)!" screamed Commander Tano, she had got up from her meditation and used all of her force to give (y/n) a push through the force to keep him in the air. It helped slow him down and gave him enough time to activate his jet pack before falling on top of us.

(y/n) flew back inside the office of the Chancellor, out of view. Right after I was called on my comm link. Who could be calling right now? We are all here.

I took out the comm link and noticed that every other commander also was getting the same call.

I answered the call and two figures appeared in front of me. I could tell one was General Skywalker and the other was the Chancellor.

"Commanders...Execute Order 66."

"What the hell is Order 66?" I muttered in confusion. Then all of my men suddenly changed where their guns were pointing.