Chapter 81 | Interrogation

Here you were. At the Jedi temple again. But at least with good reason. You take a large breath before entering through the hangar doors into the temple. There was no good in delaying your arrival. You once again walked through the massive halls towards where you think Maul is being held. You had your helmet over your head today since you wanted to avoid being spoken too and having to spend more time in this chilling place.

After turning around a corner you recognized that you were in the right location. Two temple guards guarded the door and let you walk through the door without hesitation. Upon walking in you removed your helmet and clipped it to your belt. And in front of you wasn't who you hoped but it was who you expected.

"Morning." Was all you said to the Jedi Master.

"Morning, (y/n)."

"I assume you know why you're here?" He queried.

"Well I wouldn't have ended up in this room if I didn't." You replied. That was just general banter you would always use with the clones. And you knew Windu wouldn't react well to it.

"...R-right."

"Is there anything I should know before I go in there?" You ask, gesturing to the locked large steel door which you knew Maul was behind.

"He didn't say a word when I or anyone went in there." Windu told you.

"Not...anything, and looks, any movements?" You pondered.

"Not anything. He stayed perfectly still and kept his eyes shut."

"Hmm...well, I'm guessing you have a list or guideline of what I should ask him?" You asked, you thought Windu would obviously try and restrict you to exactly what he wants.

"Actually...No. Whatever goes on in there is dependent on you and you alone." That caught you by surprise. Not that you would have obeyed his commands anyway.

"All I am telling you (y/n), is get him to talk about-"

"Sidious." You finished his sentence for him. Windu gave you a stern nod and you did the same. Was the first time the two of you had a mutual agreement in a while.

"Are their cameras or microphones in the room?" You asked.

"Yes, but I just informed Fox to disable them all." Windu told you calmly. Maul wouldn't just believe Windu's word for it and neither would you.

"...Alright." You slowly said.

"Please report to the briefing room at the top of the council tower once you are done. Master Yoda and I will be waiting for you there." Windu informed you. Giving you that look that told you there was no fighting his words. 'I thought I'd never have to go back to that tower.'

"Of course."

"Good luck (y/n)." Windu told you. He bowed slightly towards you before exiting the room. You turned back around and faced the large wall of steel that stood between you...and fate.

"All ready Sir?" Fox asked as he hovered over a control panel.

"Yes Commander." You told him. It only took one press of a button from Fox for the door to slowly slide open due to its weight. As soon as there was enough room you squeezed into the cold chilling environment of the dark and lonely cell. After a few seconds of pondering the door finally shut behind you, sealing you away in a dark room by yourself with a Sith.

Before either of you acknowledged each other's presence, you made your way to the left corner of the room to search for a camera. They were hidden, but not impossible to see. You used the force and pulled it from its socket, snapping a few wires in the process. You walked to the adjacent corner and did the same thing with a camera that was positioned there. You walked towards the metal table that stood in the middle of the room, since usually the person being interrogated doesn't need to be locked in a Mandalorian force trap. You placed the two cameras on the table right in front of Maul for him to see.