Chapter 95 | A Sacrifice Is Needed

Wolffe POV

"We have to go...now!" I sternly said to Owen.

"But How!? Both of our speeders have already been taken!" Owen remarked harshly. I dropped the comm to the ground and ran my fingers through my hair, desperately trying to think of something.

"We have to take a ship." I said plainly, there was no other option for us.

"A ship? We'll just be shot down!"

"Well what do you suppose is a better idea? Running out in the middle of the open desert?" I spit, raising both of my hands into the air.

"Can we just stop arguing and take a ship?" Beru chimed in, leaning on the door frame behind her boyfriend. Owen looks back over to Beru who stood there anxiously tapping her foot, then back to me.

"...Fine. We'll take a ship." He announced in frustration.

"Should've never let you freaks into my home." Owen muttered under his breath as he started to walk towards the stairs. He didn't think I could hear him, but it was crystal clear.

"What was that?" I asked in a loud booming voice.

"Nothing. Let's just go." Owen quickly replied. Him and Beru went up the stairs while I ran into the other room to grab Goldie the translator droid. I instantly switched him off when I reached him. I really didn't have time to deal with his debating.

I regrouped as soon as I could with Beru and Owen in their living room which was the first room you see when entering the farm. They had a few of their belongings with them. Thankfully not much.

"Which ship do we take?" Beru asked.

"We'll take the gunship. It's smaller and made for flights like these, and also it's the only one I can fly...sort of." I explained. The two partners turned to each other and gave each other a look of worry and concern. But in my flying skills should be the least of our worries right now.

I decide not to waste any more time. We could be seconds away from being blown away to complete nothingness. I build up all of the courage I have and burst through the front door. I step onto the sand and I look around and see absolutely nothing, apart from the two parked ships of course.

"It's all clear, hurry." I informed Owen and Beru. They willingly followed my path out of their home and continued following me to the gunship which (y/n) and I arrived here on a little over a week ago.

Once I got to the side of the ship, I had to set down 3po so I could muscle open the sliding door on the side. And with a lot of effort I was able to pull it open enough for people to squeeze inside.

"Come on, get in. We don't know how much time we have." I said ushering for them to get inside quickly. Nervous was a word not powerful enough to describe my uneasiness right now.

"Umm, I think I know how much time we have." Beru whimpered. She raised her pointer finger and pointed behind me. I quickly looked in the same direction and saw two fighters heading our way. They were H-shaped and producing a lot of noise. They were a fair way in the distance, but they were coming at speed.

"Get in, let's go!" I yelled. I hurriedly picked up 3po and chucked him inside the gunship with no care. Beru and Owen quickly walked in as well. I ran towards the front of the ship and frantically climbed the ladder to the pilot's seat as quick as I could.

Once I was inside the cockpit, I closed the glass shield as well as the side door and started the gunship. I just hope all of the sand from the sandstorms at night haven't broken the engine.