Chapter 68 | I'm Coming for You

You slowly walked through the large halls you once called home. You walked into the training grounds to take it all in. 'So many memories.' From training as a Padawan at the stat of the war. Dueling Ahsoka, Master Plo, Anakin and so many more. Learning to master force judgment. '...I'll miss it.' You trailed your finger around the perimeter of the room before leaving and walking to your quarters.

All the faces, none you will probably see again. It hurt to think that, but it had to be done. You walked into your room and thought of what to grab, but nothing came to your mind. You didn't need anything. Just, you and your armor and your lightsaber. You wanted to ask them for Ahsokas lightsabers but, they can't just hand the most dangerous handheld weapons to a citizen.

You took one last look into your room before walking out of it. You slowly closed the door for the last time. And just as you were getting to leave, a person you couldn't bare to see walked up to you.

"Hey (y/n)."

"...Hey Petro." you slowly said, turning to face him.

"...Are you Ok (y/n)?" He wondered

"...I'm sorry Petro, but...a lot of things have happened in the past few months...and I have to leave." You finally said.

"What? Why?"

"Because...I have someone I need to be with...and that can't happen here." You explain. You didn't want to confuse him with all of your drama with the council. You wanted to let his young mind stay positive, not like what happened with you.

"So...you're leaving for good?" Petro asked, his face showed sadness which just hurt you so much to see.

"I am Petro...I'm sorry that I won't be able to train you. You would have been an amazing Padawan to have. And I'm sure that you will still be great Padawan with an amazing Master."

"But I wanted you."

"I know." You replied. You pulled Petro into a quick goodbye hug before deciding you needed to leave.

"Goodbye Petro, may the force be with you, always." you told him with a forced smile.

"Goodbye (y/n). Good luck."

You walked closer to the first step of the temple. The sun was just setting on Coruscant, it truly was a beautiful sight. You heard faint footsteps approach from behind you. You turned around to be met with the sympathetic face of your father. This was quite a familiar position for the two of you.

"Hello father." You spoke first.

"Hello (y/n)." He responded softly.

"I'm proud of you (y/n)...Proud to call you my son." He announced. He pulled you into a bone crushing hug. After a long moment of the two of you just enjoying the company of the other only member of your family, you pulled away to see his face. A single tear ran down it which also brought you to tears. (BTW, let's just say that most of the time your helmet is on your belt)

"What is your plan?"

"First...I have to go and get Ahsoka. That's number one priority."

"Plo said that you still wanted to fight this war."

"I do...I'm not sure how though. I probably won't be able to convince the mandalorians to side with the republic." You admit. 'I can't just leave this war like this, but with the Mandalorians is where I belong.'

"I'm too...conflicted." you sighed.

"Maybe you should go (y/n). And be with your people."

"...But...but what about the republic? I can't just leave the 212th like this. Imagine the way they'll think of me. I'll just be the young general who left when it got tough." You said truthfully. You imagined the look on all of the clones faces when they would hear it.