Chapter 58

After discovering that there has been a bug planted into your room, listening to every conversation, you quickly realized that Barriss now has the location of Ahsoka. You were terrified for her...but not for her life. 'Barriss isn't trying to kill Ahsoka. She could have easily done that by now. Hmm...she is working towards a bigger goal than that.'

You ran out of your room, without fixing your furniture or anything. It was the middle of the night now so almost no one would be up. You quietly and swiftly made your way to the hangar. Once you entered the place you lost your leg, you turned to look for a ship, but were met with the cold, anger filled brown eyes of the man which you despised.

"Master Windu." you choked in surprise.

"I'm not surprised that I would be seeing you tonight, Padawan Kryze."

"How flattering."

"Would you like to explain why you are in the hangar at this hour, Padawan?" He asked, taking a step closer to you.

"...Master Plo wanted for me to join him on his search to find Padawan Tano in the depths of Coruscant." You informed confidently.

"You are not cleared of your suspension to go on an investigation Padawan, even on Coruscant. And Master Plo wouldn't disobey a simple rule like that." Windu hissed, crossing his arms. 'I really can't go on a mission on Coruscant? What kind of ban is this? They're wasting the powerful Jedi! I could be out saving lives right now!' You stood in silence thinking of a way out of this, but ultimately sighed in defeat.

"So, Padawan Kryze. What are you doing in the hangar at this time? Will I have to have you put back in a secure facility again?" Windu teased. You glared at him with anger and he replied with a slight smirk as he looked into your eyes.

"I was just...looking for clues." you ultimately let out.

"Clues to the bombing? In the Hangar?"

"Yes Master."

"But the Hangar has already been investigated, and most evidence of the bomb has been disposed of. What are you trying to hide Padawan?"

"Nothing it's just..."

"Go on."

"...I mean how can we trust the report we were given. Even though all of the filing and reports would have been done by droids it would have been too easy for...Padawan Tano to alter the evidence once her investigation started. I think she could have hid something, something that will help us convict her, that traitor!" You explained and spat. Every word of what you said, filled your body with more and more guilt for saying something so...disgusting and so far from the truth, you felt like you were betraying your soulmate but it had to be said. And of course it pleased Master Windu.

"I do suppose there is a possibility of that. But we wouldn't have any way to tell. I think there is enough evidence that convicts Padawan Tano though. I wouldn't worry about it." Windu replies, now acting as if he was just making conversation. Not like he was threatening to lock you in a room less than a minute ago.

"I guess so. It's just...that traitor doesn't deserve to get away." You spat, only thinking of Barriss and all the pain and mayhem she was causing. 'I hope she rots away in a dark room for the rest of her life. Or better yet, lose her life all together.' You never usually thought these dark thoughts, you knew revenge was not the Jedi way but you didn't care. She shall get what she deserves.

"I never knew you felt this way (y/n)." 'Pfft, now he uses calls me (y/n) when I act like a horrible person.'

"I just hate the people who kill innocent lives, especially a Jedi. It's all...unsettling." you bewailed with a loud sigh. Windu placed a hand on your shoulder and gave it a light pat. You wanted to pull back and slice his hand off for touching you. 'How does he think he can comfort me? After all he has done to me.'