Chapter 47/ Levi POV

Authors note: y'all were awfully quite during the last chapter👀 what was y'all doing👀👀

......................................................................
Levi POV

"There was a photo?" Y/N looks up from the couch in my office to meet my eyes.

I was standing across the room, leaning against my desk with my arms crossed over my chest, head hanging as I looked at the floor.

I look up, reluctantly. The imagine of her in that photo flashing before my eyes, it was enough to make me sick, make my fucking stomach flip.

Meeting her weary eyes. My face hardens thinking back on it.

I can't form words, not yet.

I just nod yes, to confirm it.

She immediately drops her face into her hands, turning a bright shade of red.

"God, I'm so embarrassed. A photo, and who knows what else. I can barley remember a thing from that night, he beat me so bad." She mumbles under her breath. My chest tightening at the thought of anyone laying a finger on her. The fact that she needed my protection and I wasn't fucking there, it hurt.

What did he do to her? I saw the aftermath but I didn't know the details. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know them, but apart of me felt like I needed to.

My hands come down to push myself off the desk, making my way over to her, I drop to a squat in between her legs. Placing a hand on both knees.

"Embarrassed is the last thing you should be around me." I bring my lips down to kiss her knees as I keep my eyes trained up on her.

"He's dead you know, I killed him." Thumb stroking her thigh now as I bring my other up to cup her face. I watched her eyebrows pin together in confusion.

"I was worried, scared for you when he came. My suspicions were confirmed that crazy hectic night. I'm sorry, I should have fought harder, tried harder to get to you, I shouldn't have left so easy. What happened to you is on me, I will carry that weight not you." Pushing myself up I kiss her eyelids before her lips.

I wanted to shower her in affection and love, show her that not all men are monsters, that I could treat her gently. Wipe away everything he did, every touch, every glance.. every word spoke behind closed doors. I didn't want her to remember any of it.

Only me.

"It wasn't your fault, my mo-"

"It was, you were mine. Long before he ever came into the picture. You were mine Y/N." Stroking her cheek with my thumb I force her to meet my gaze.

"I loved you before any man ever could, and I will be the last as well. Only me... I'm sorry I failed you when it came to him. But I swear, I would sacrifice myself in a heartbeat before I ever let another man touch you. I would kill millions before that day ever comes." I bring my lips to hers, feeling myself tremble. I was nervous, so fucking nervous.

Y/N stands up, pushing away from me. Tears in her eyes as she walks past me, breaking free of my hold.

My head drops against the cushion of the couch, the rejection stinging more then she could ever know.

My fist clenched as I fought back my natural reaction.

Anger.

"I want you Y/N. Make not mistake about that. But I won't beg." I say out loud for her to hear.

She couldn't keep walking away from me like this. It was driving me crazy.

If she was just gonna walk away then what was all that in the shower?