Chapter 71/ Porco POV

2 and a half years later

Y/N POV

"Just go, I have a few more sets I'd like to get in before I call it." Bringing the weights up again, I do another curl, arms flexing.

"You've been at this for hours, don't you think it's enough?" Beth folds her arms over one another, raising her brow to me.

Exhaling deeply, I shake my head.

"Just a few more. I'll see you later tonight." Pulling my eyes away, I focus on myself in the mirror. This was the best I had ever looked, which didn't say much meaning how I couldn't remember anything up until the last year or two. And still things were a bit fuzzy.

If I was being honest with myself, I didn't know who the fuck I was, and that was scary.

Beth leans into the doorway, blocking the exit to the gym. There were a few of us left in here, War Masters. We always seemed to out last the other warriors when it came to endurance, and just about anything else.

Time didn't seem to stop for us, we didn't have the luxury of being off our game. Not ever, not only were we on the front lines but we were depended on. If the titans we protected fell, we'd be executed.

There was no need for a loose war masters who couldn't be tamed by a shifter on the other side of that bond. Not for us devils.

We were loose cannons, everyone in the militarily knew it. That's why we were used as such weapons, we were disposable. None of us had a care in the word for our life, well some of us.

There was a select few that still hadn't fulfilled their duty. Accepting the bond. If you asked me I thought it was a bunch of bullshit. Shit they fed us to keep us in line.

I guess that's what made us disposable. If it wouldn't or I should say couldn't snap into place. We'd be discarded, thrown away and another would come to take our place. Someone who could meet the standards.

Honestly I wasn't sure why I was still around, I knew the consequences of my actions. I knew they would surly be my end. But yet I was still here.

Surly because of his doing.

"Are you sure this isn't about something else? That you aren't avoiding a certain someone?" Beth's eyebrows wiggle in my direction. Raising a single one at me.

Dropping my weights, I allow them to slam on the floor. Jaw clenching as I glare back at her.

I hated that she knew me so well, ever since we came out of experimentation room. She always knew what I was thinking. I hated it in a way, I guess we were just to similar in that sense.

"Nothing happened, so there's nothing for me to be avoiding." My throat tightens as the lie leaves my lips.

Pushing herself off the wall, she drops her gym bag. Walking across to stand in front of me before we lock eyes.

"Do you think I'm stupid?"

Sighing out loud I break the contact, making my way over to the pull up bar. Jumping up, my fingers lock, arms flexing as I begin my count.

Crossing a foot over the other, I allow my eyes to meet hers as I begin to pull myself up.

"That's quite the loaded question. Do you really want my answer it?"

A laugh fills the room, the other War Masters clearing out.

My eyes roll as a grin tugs at my lips, focusing back on the task at hand.

"Why won't you just seal the bond, finish what you started? You never know, Poroc could be good for you in more ways then one."

A scoff leaves my lips, shaking my head again as my chin meets the bar.