Chapter 68/ Porco POV/ Levi POV

A glimpse into the future

Y/N POV

"Y/N, come on, please! Let's just call it quits and head back already."

Beth was nervous. It didn't take a genius to see it. Boots tapping anxiously, hands trembling. She never did well in these places.

Shaking her off, my eyes pan back and forth between the set in my hands and then over to the gentlemen across the tabel from me.

Rolling my shoulders back I grin, relaxing into the wooden chair.

The one with 5 o'clock shadow grins back at me from across the way, keeping his eyes pinned on me as he leans off to his left, spitting into the bin beside him.

"Come on sweetheart, lets just call it now. You and I both know all your good for is running your lips, and quite frankly those aren't the ones I'm interested in seeing."

A shiver runs down my spine, not because of fear. But simply disgust.

The other 3 men chuckle in agreeance, already folding. Leaving just me and this asshole left to play.

I cross my legs, placing a boot over the other as I raise a eyebrow to the man.

Beth cringes, relaxing back into the chair besdie me as she attemps to hide herself. If she could become one with the chair I'm sure she would have by now.

I spare myself a sideways glance, seeing her eyes go vaccant. I dont have to look to know whos shes looking for.

Runing my free hand over my face, I sigh out loud. Not bothering to look across the bar.

I knew they were there.

I knew he was. I knew it the second he walked in.

But my eyes look without my permission.

Locking with Zeke's, he raises his glass of dark liquor up to give me a silent cheer. Seeing Porco from the corner of my eye, his eyes pinned on me.

Eyebrows pulled together, he watches me with a worried look beside Zeke. Not even bothering to order a drink, he wasn't trying to hide the real reason he was here.

Me.

He had been growing quite bold ever since our encounter on the feild.

Thinking back on it, I guess I could have been a little nicer with letting him down. But something deep in me refused to, I hated the thought of anyone trying to pursue me. Let alone showing any interest.

Pulling my eyes away, a grin tugs across my lips. Reaching forward to down the shot of whisky I had. I was already drunk, which explained Beth's uncomfort.

My eyes land on my cards, a royal flush.

....................................................................................

Porco POV

Shaking my head, I pull my eyes from her. Ordering a drink for myself, I speak over my shoulder to Zeke knowing he'd keep eyes for me. The only way I'd mange to make it out of here without conflict was with some alcohol.

"She told you to find another-"

"Shut it, I don't need to relive it. It was painful enough to hear and I'm all to aware of the fact that she knows and can feel that it upset me. I dont want her to get that satisfaction again, she clearly could care less.

Zeke swallows, bringing his drink up to his lips. Eyes locked on Beth.

'I don't think that's true. Beside, its impossible."