Chapter 132/ Levi POV

Levi POV

The sound of footsteps against the pavement fills my ears.

It's overwhelming, I can't breathe. I can't speak what's on my mind in fear it may send Y/N over the edge. Or, what if the baby was harmed out of the stress?

That was if..

If the child was, alive...

I just wasn't sure about the effects the bond would have on a pregnancy that wasn't...

Mine.

I didn't know anything, and that scared me.

So many people, it made my skin crawl. The only thing keeping me grounding right now was Y/N's hand clutching my own, the warmth of her touch, the softness of her hands against my calloused ones.

This took me back, to the underground when we were children, stealing food from vendors in the streets, running down filthy alleyways to hide.

And now, she was a woman. The mother of my children.

I shake the thought.

I didn't want to let go, I just got her back. What if she disappeared? What if this was all just a dream, and this was some sick awakening.

No, she was here.

My hand tightens around hers. I reach back behind me with my free hand. Finding her hip, I push her back behind myself.

If one of these fuckers touched or slammed into her by accident I fear I'd truly loose it.

I was to tense.

I keep her there, holding her hand and guiding her step by step.
She
She had a appointment for the child, we wouldn't be missing it.

I swallow.

"Stop."

I tell myself over and over again.

I couldn't think about it.

About how Kaleb was able to fix what I could not, give her what I could not.

A child.

A healthy pregnancy.

I'd make sure nothing happened to this child, not like my own.

My teeth feel like they might crack, grinding them in order to prevent my lip from trembling.

My hand reaches back again, pinching her hip.

"Doing alright?"

I spoke over my shoulder as I pulled us out of the crowd and into a nearby building.

She comes to stand beside me, her hand slips across my back, her other around my front as she leans into her with her head.

She was wearing a plaid skirt with a black turtle neck. Her boots were laced up to her knees, a soft shade of brown that matched the skirt. Her hair tied up into a messy bun, her bangs hanging in her face with a few stray strands around her cheek bones.

My eyes stay on her for a minute longer taking her in before she blushes, breaking our eye contact and looking away.

"Levi relax, we are early."

My eyes stay on her another second before I look forward, scanning the directory. Squinting as I lean forward pulling her with me.

"It says here that room 412 is on the 9th level."

Y/N giggle's beside me, letting go to step forward to get a better look.

My hand finds her hip, my fingers curling around her side.