Chapter 114/Levi POV

Y/N POV

"Can we stop here?"

Johns guards say nothing as we drive past one of the army headquarters.

Driving in a vehicle was a odd experience in itself. We didn't have anything like this back on the island, yet again everywhere outside of the island was far more advanced in technology then us.

Outside of ODM gear, the train that was built shortly after my return from Marley was the fastest thing I had been in.

"Mr. Monroe doesn't want us making any additional stops on the way back from your check up Mrs. Monroe-"

"Its Y/N. And my husband is mine to deal with. I need some good reading material and since every library has been destroyed I assume the only reading material I will be finding is here. Now stop."

The driver slows the vehicle down, pulling off to the side.

"Mrs, Mr. Monroe will not be happy to hear-"

Opening the door, I step out.

"I will be no more then 10 minutes."

Shutting the door on the guard mid sentence, I make my way up the steps to the building that was still under construction.

Pulling the door open, I leave my head down. Weaving between all of the military men I make my way to the front desk.

Clearing my throat, I draw the attention of the man sitting in the office chair behind the counter.

"Mrs, I do apologize. We can not help you without your husband accompanying you-"

"That's why am here. Mr. Monroe my husband submitted a request nearly 2 week ago for the paperwork on the surrounding orphanages and the records of all infirmaries as well for Marley and the island."

The man sitting before me narrows his eyes, looking me up and down before his eyes linger on my chest.

Looking down, I realize my robe had fallen open revealing some of my chest. The dresses we were made to wear were far to tight around the breast area, pushing our chest together. I could only imagine these dresses were designed by a man for the satisfaction of a man.

Pulling my robes shut, I narrow my eyes right back at the man until he brings his eyes up to meet my own.

"A moment please while I locate the paperwork."

I exhale, calming my nerves. I wasn't supposed to be here. Nor did John request any paperwork. But after hearing that Levi had been hospitalized I figured it was worth a shot. If I could pin point his location, maybe I'd stand a chance at reuniting with him. Even if he didn't want me in a romantic way... I knew... I knew he would never stand for the sort of treatment I was currently enduring nor would he stand for it especially if he knew I was carrying his child. As far as the records for surrounding orphanages Pieck had mentioned that our son had made it, that me and Levi still had a child back in Marley. That his name was Felix. Lie or not, I needed to investigate and find out for myself.

The man turns back to me, a paper in his hand and brows scrunched.

"Apologies Mrs, but we have no record of your husband's requesting any sort of paperwork-"

Leaning forward, my face hardens, voice raising.

"Do you mean to tell me that somehow you managed to loose a request that was submitted WEEKS ago? Your telling me that I must now turn back around and make the long trip back to my husband and inform him of your fuck up, resulting in us missing a opportunity to adopt a helpless child while I am nearly full term with his child? That your own recklessness and stupidity is the reason a poor child, will miss a opportunity to have a loving home to come home to?"