Chapter 133/ Levi POV

Authors note:

Hello, Author here.

I feel inclined to gently remind you that this is a fic. Therefore, history and characters may be changed to fit the story better.

With love always,
-Flowerbomb

........................................................................................

Levi POV

The leaves swirl in my tea cup, steam seeping from the rim.

The library was quite, almost empty outside of the few workers.

I had left Y/N to rest.

She had a hell of a week. She needed time to relax, and be alone.

To feel.

I left around the early hours of the morning, making breakfast for Felix before heading out. I left him with strict orders not to leave his mothers side after carrying him back to our bedroom to sleep with her.

I wanted her to stay in bed.

I close my eyes.

Since the moment I walked in here it had been a utter disappointment.

I had made no ground on the pregnancy.

I pinch the skin between my brows before I look down at the book.

I had several of them laid out before me and not one of them had a mention of pregnancy's outside of the bond

I needed insight, I needed to be informed.

How could I control this if I wasn't sure what was happening?

"Here you are sir, this I am afraid this our last book on the Ackerman lineage, it does have some mentions of the Azumabito clan as well."

I freeze, looking up at the librarian.

"Azumabito."

My eyes scan the books in front of me, that's right Ackerman's were decedents. It had not yet occurred to me to pull ancestors reports.

But maybe I should.

My eyes shoot up.

"I'm going to need the books on the Hizuru and the Azumabito linage if you have any."

The librarian gives me a soft nod before disappearing into the stacks.

I skim through the book that had been brought to me before I was interrupted by the librarian once more.

He hands me a single book, a smile on his face as he apologizes.

"Apologies sir, we still don't have much yet on the outside world."

I nod, thanking him as I open the book.

I read for a hour or two before I stumble upon something useful.

My boots rested on the edge of the table. Book in my lap as I read.

"Bonds."

"Bonds made with mates first started from the unique bloodline that originates within Hizuru. The Azumabito Clan."

My eyes skim over the words.

"After parts of the Azumabito clan broke off and came to the Island they took on a entirely new name. The Ackerman's."

I breathe in deep feeling my chest tighten.

"For payment for allowing the Ackermans to live on the Kings land, King Fritz made a pat with some of the earliest descendants of Hizuru. The king altered the chemistry of Ackerman clan with the power of the founding titan. The ability to do so is still unknown, dying alongside the king before he could undo it. The king allowed the Ackermans to live on the island for the cost of their freedom, something they didn't yet know. Ackerman's were bred for war due to their already lethal nature. The king made Ackerman's reliant on Subjects of Yimir. Forcing the Ackerman to use their bond on a Subject of Yimir of special choosing. Resulting in a slave in mind and body, complete and utter dedication to the Subject was written into their making. Without a bond to the Subject the Ackerman perishes a slow but painful death."