Chapter 85/ Levi POV

Levi POV

I half expected her to seek me out after the sex we had, but she hadn't. The sex was good, better then good it was great. I don't think either of us could deny that even if we tried. It felt good to be with one another again like that, long overdue.

But something about that just didn't sit right with me, her not cracking and coming to me. I wanted her to hurt in a sense, but then again I didn't.

She told me she loved me but only after I had let it slip. She didn't know what it was to love someone, not in the way I loved her.

To have the love we once had, she hardly remembered me.

My chest tightens as I focus back in on Hange, turning my wedding band over my finger with my free hand.

I gave her ring back to her, and from what I had seen so far she had put it back on. I'd catch her in the hallway speaking to scouts, other Captains. The ring still was as vibrant as the day I bought it for her, it was hard to miss.

"Its a military ball, so most if not all the upper rank military personnels will be there along with the Commanders."

Sighing out lout I push myself up out of my chair, ready to excuse myself from this meeting. This didn't concern me nor did it interest me in the slightest. Honestly I couldn't manage to think about anything besides Y/N tight cunt wrapped around me for the past fucking week, I hated that she had this effect on me.

I thought sex would make her cling, but it did the exact opposite. I craved her more and more with each passing day. I regretted my words, what I said to her. I had to stop myself on numerous occasions from going to her room at night and asking for more.

I wanted her.

But after the way we left it.. The way I left it, I couldn't.

I just couldn't, I couldn't hear those words come from her mouth without her knowing the meaning they held to me.

She wasn't around, she wasn't there for all the restless, lonely nights where I wished I could hear those sweet words fall from her lips. How much I craved them. How badly I wanted to taste them.

I felt robbed, resulting in me lashing out against her.

I didn't mean it.

"Captain Levi, have somewhere else to be?"

Hanges head tilts to the side as my foot stops mid air.

I was halfway to the door.

The room falls silent as I slowly turn to glare down at her in her chair.

"Yes, to the training fields. Faye is there playing. And honestly, none of what you say concerns me in the slightest. I do not care for a military ball."

Captains and other higher ranking cadets look away, shocked at my honesty.

A grin tugs across Hanges lips as she drops her eyes, addressing the remaining people around the table.

"You all are responsible for making a appearance, dates required. And don't embarrass the Scouts by showing up in your normal attire, at least try.... Dismissed." She brings up her hand to wave them off, her eyes coming back up to find my own.

We wait for the room to clear before either of us speak, holding each others glare.

My patience wearing thin as I wait for the other shoe to drop. It was always something with Hange.

She breathes in deeply before speaking.

"Just because of our relationship does not mean you are exempt from making a appearance. Your name is known by many. I cannot have you not showing."