Chapter 62/ Levi POV/ Dustin POV

Authors note: I'm deceased, this fucking fan art. I just can't anymore, I physically can't. 🤦🏻‍♀️😩

...................................................................................

                       A glimpse into the future

Y/N POV

Rolling my neck from side to side, I listen to it pop.

"This whiskey tastes like piss."

Tossing the shot glass on the counter, I slump back in my chair, closing my eyes. Feeling the restrictions from my belts.

"He's stairing again."

My breathing quickens for just a second, but it only takes me that long to get it back under control.

Crossing a boot over the other, I sigh out loud. Not bothering to open my eyes.

I knew who she was talking about, I knew before anyone did.

I guess that was just one of the many ways I had improved in my training since coming here.

Marley.

"I don't care." Sighing out loud.

Rolling my shoulders to get comfortable, I brush off Beths comment.

"Well you should, we are all War Masters. The chances of you being selected to be assigned to one of the 9 is high. And by the way he watches you, it can only be one of two things."

My head falls to the side in annoyance.

"You're not gonna drop this are you? And war masters are a newly made up rank, it doesn't exactly exist. They just don't know where to place us, do with us is all." Opening a single eye to glare at her, careful not to let it wonder to the pair waiting across the bar for mine.

"Right. So, anyways. Your at the top of our rank, your ODM usage ability is like second nature, one would think you'd have training in that field. You'd be a no brainer, besides he needs someone who can keep up."

Pushing myself up in my seat, my eyes open. Hands coming up to twine my fingers.

"That's exactly why I won't be picked."

Eyes meeting Beths, she takes another shot. Cringing at the ripe liquor.

"What-"

"I'm top because I don't care who I leave behind. Who I hurt in the process. None of you mean a thing to me, even them. I wouldn't be a ideal choice for a loyal subject. I wouldn't listen, I wouldn't protect. I'd fight against it tooth and nail. They know this, you know this."

Dropping my eyes to the bar top, I swipe the whiskey bottle to refill my shot glass.

"Ouch, Y/N. At least try to act like you like us."

The glass meets my lips, brow arching at her.

"And sadly, I don't think that matters. Here in a few days time we will find out who's selected, and once you are, I don't think you can fight against it, the bond."