Chapter 5

It has been a few days since Li Yu was able to go to the ground. During this period, except for the brother who brought him some porridge, water, herbal juice and so on every day, he never saw anyone again.

Li Yu couldn't do anything but look at the sky every day, and he didn't even have anyone to talk to, which almost drove him crazy.

Now that he was finally able to go to the ground, the first thing he did was to go out.

When I went out, I saw that thin figure was chopping firewood in the dilapidated fenced yard. It was the brother-in-law bought for him by the original owner's house, named Wen Jinbai. Li Yu found out from the cracks in his memory. Such a name, the original owner glanced at the contract of sale and saw it. I have to say that the name is still very nice. It can be seen that his family took great care in choosing this name for him, and his family must also agree. I love him very much, but I don't know why he fell to such a point.

When the sound of "bang bang" came, Li Yu shook his head. He hardly saw it. The man was holding a rusty hatchet and struggling to cut off the firewood under his hands. Only then did he forcefully cut a slightly larger gap. Li Yu thought it was because the hatchet was blunt, and secondly, it was probably because people had no strength. After all, this was a laborious job.

Li Yu coughed lightly, in order to attract people's attention.

Sure enough, Wen Jinbai raised his eyes when he heard the voice, and was stunned for a moment when he saw Li Yu, then he gave him a sharp look, then shrank and lowered his head, not daring to look at him.

When he raised his head, Li Yu had already seen his appearance clearly. His palm-sized face was white and clean, and there was a large scar on his forehead, which was somewhat covered by strands of hair on his forehead, but he still looked like that. He is a bit charming, his temples are like crow's wings, his eyebrows are like ink paintings, and his eyes are full of peach blossoms, shining like a river of stars. If we ignore the scar on his forehead, we can say that he is very beautiful. Fresh meat is not too much, this is a purely natural appearance, unlike the artificially carved ones of later generations.

Li Yu had a panoramic view of his expression, this is a very complicated person, he has hatred and fear for himself, probably more of hatred, right? I, no, it should be the original owner who treated him like this, even a bloody person would hate him, right? It seems that I should first change this person's view of me. I will live under the same roof in the future. Not to mention other things, this person looks like he is fifteen or sixteen years old. , is still a child who should be pampered in the palm of his hand. Thinking of his former younger brother, when he was so old, he only played games and slept all day long. Even eating had to be brought to his hand. Now, this person was sold and treated like this by the original owner, but he suffered a lot. This person should be used as a younger brother to hurt.

"Well, cough! Are you chopping firewood?" Li Yu had nothing to say.

The movements in Wen Jinbai's hands paused, without raising his head, and continued the movements of his hands.

Chopping wood is a physical labor. Seeing this man's emaciated appearance, Li Yu frowned, "You don't need to work too hard, just put it there, and I will chop it." After speaking, he walked over and snatched the knife in his hand.

Wen Jinbai subconsciously avoided Li Yu's sudden approach. He knew that the person in front of him hated him and hated him, so why didn't he hate him and hate him?

In his previous life, he never thought that he would fall into a farmhouse, and the other party was still an ignorant, stealthy, idle and wandering gangster all day long. When he came out of the house, this person didn't dare to do anything to others, so he vented all his anger on himself. A person who was not pleasing to the eye either beat or scolded him, and even once directly pressed his head into the water tank, mouthing non-stop. Crying for him to die, that time he almost thought that he was really going to die, but God brought him back to life, he was afraid of him and hated him.

This time, he secretly prayed in his heart that this person would not be able to get over it, and he could be freed, but the sky failed, and this person finally stood in front of him again.

"Stand farther away, lest you be hurt if you are not careful." Li Yu instructed. He had already swung the hatchet in his hand, and with a "snap", the knife did not cut off the firewood, but bounced back due to the toughness of the firewood, making his arm numb from the shock.

Li Yu smiled awkwardly, Damn, what kind of knife is this? It's a pity that his house is empty now, and he can't even find a decent knife. Li Yu sighed, why did he take over this mess?

Fortunately, there were not many firewood, and it took half a day to finally get it done. Li Yu's hands were already trembling with soreness. Seeing that the sun was past noon, his stomach was already growling with hunger. In the morning, I only drank a bowl of porridge that could make my figure clear, and then I did physical work all afternoon, so I became hungry even faster.

Every day there is little water in the soup, how can a big man have enough to eat? No, people are iron, and food is steel. If you don't have enough food, where will you get the strength to work? So you should still have a dry meal.

Just as he was thinking of going to the kitchen, he saw Wen Jinbai's thin figure coming out of the kitchen, holding a bowl in his hand, and then placed it on the stone slab under the shade of a tree.

Li Yu walked over and took a look, frowning for a while, oh my god, why are these soups and waters again, "Why is there no food at home? How can I be full with this soup and waters?"

His tone was a little stiff, and the words He felt a little regretful when he said it, because Wen Jinbai was so frightened by his words that he knelt down and hugged his head. He was afraid that Li Yu would be upset and hit him again.

Li Yu sighed, walked over to pull him up, and said softly, "I don't have any other intentions. I won't hit people casually in the future. You don't have to be afraid."

Wen Jinbai paused for a moment, then secretly raised his head to look at him , A look of astonishment flashed in his eyes, and an unknown and complicated light flashed and disappeared in the dark eyes.

"It's just such a bowl of porridge, what about yours?" Li Yu asked, but remembering that this person seemed unable to speak, he shut his mouth, and directly pulled him towards the kitchen on the side, saying it was the kitchen, but in fact it was just a few sticks The wood is placed on the wall in a triangular shape, and some dry grass and straw are piled on it to form a corner, which can only accommodate one person. There are also traces of soot, and there is a cracked iron pot on the stove, and there is still smoky black soup in it.

Li Yu only frowned, picked up a pair of chopsticks and stirred in the pot, picked up a few wild vegetables sparsely, he looked back at Wen Jinbai, and asked uncertainly, "You only eat this? There is not enough food at home." Do you eat?" He remembered that when the family separated, the Li family gave him three months' rations, which is just over a month, so it's impossible to eat this thing, right?

He lifted the lid of the rice jar on the side with one hand, and the inside was almost bottomed out, leaving only a thin layer of grain. He suddenly became dumb.

But he didn't expect that after the original owner separated from the family, he loved leisure and hated work, and was used to eating and drinking all day long. He never allowed Wenjin to touch a grain of grain for him, and would rather throw it away than give it to Wenjin if he couldn't finish it. He had no choice but to find a way to get some wild vegetables and weeds outside to cook and eat, except that his little sister would occasionally bring him some coarse grain cakes.

Li Yu can only go in and out like this, sitting and eating, no matter how big the family wealth can be ruined by him, fortunately the Li family can still support him for twenty years, it really counts as the end of his benevolence, but fortunately he was ill these days Today, I can only eat some light liquid food, otherwise I am afraid that I will have stopped by now. There are days when there is no last meal, Li Yuchou!

Li Yu raised his forehead, he had to re-evaluate his assets, such a small amount of rice grain was not enough for a week, and Wen Jinbai was not included in this, hey! I originally wanted to be a salted fish when I came here, but life doesn't allow it! In addition to supporting himself, he also had to support Wen Jinbai and work hard to earn money to support his family. Life was really hard.

That's all, that's all, let's just make do with it today, we have to talk about everything tomorrow. He really couldn't believe it, he had hands and feet, how could he be starved to death.

Li Yu couldn't help but pull Wen Jinbai to sit down in front of the stone slab, took out another bowl, divided half of the porridge in his own bowl, and then pushed it in front of Wen Jinbai, "Eat, get through these two days first I don't need to save on food, I'll go to town tomorrow to see if there's any profitable work, there's always a way, and there's always a way."

Wen Jinbai didn't look up from the beginning to the end, silently staring at the porridge bowl in front of him, fingers Clenched tightly together, pinched white. He could hear the sound of the person on the other side drinking porridge and snoring, and his eyes were slightly sour. This person... this person...why is it like this.

Since the accident at home, the once proud son of heaven has been trampled into the dust. He has experienced all kinds of cynicism, insults and abuse. He has long been used to it, but the sudden change of the person in front of him made him become When he didn't get used to it, he was more sad and at a loss. He was afraid that this warmth would be a dream, and he would lose this pain after getting it. He was unwilling to bear it a second time.

Li Yu took a sip of the porridge, and seeing that the person on the other side was still not moving, he tapped the side of his bowl with chopsticks and urged, "Eat quickly, it will be cold later.

" Picking up the chopsticks from the side of the bowl, he buried his head in a bite. This was the first time he and Li Yu had dinner together.

Li Yu smiled, and nodded in satisfaction, "There is nothing at home now, I will go over there later to see if there is anything left of me, if I can get it back, I should come back."

He remembered After the original owner came out of Li's house, he was empty-handed except food, and he didn't bring any of his own things. Later, he felt resentful in his heart, and he never went to Li's house once. His clothes, shoes, socks, etc. No, it's been more than a month, and the clothes on his body are smelly, and he can't move when he is lying on the bed, so he can only bear it.