Chapter 97

On the other side, Li Yu went to the Zhou family army garrison alone, and he also had a mission to go there.

After receiving the order from King Qin, the Zhou family army finally accepted Wen Jinxuan's suggestion, and sent 20,000 troops to King Qin in the capital. Wen Jinxuan managed to win over this army commander. Although Old General Zhou was not at ease, all the generals please After all, he agreed. He believed in Wen Jinxuan's ability. After all, the situation in the Northland was not optimistic. If the barbarians knew about the division of the Zhou family's army, a large-scale war might start. Therefore, they have to be guarded by veterans.

On Wen Jinxuan's side, after setting off, he marched slowly, even if urged by the emperor's order, he could only say: "I don't accept the orders of the generals abroad, which can almost piss people off."

At this time, the army was still seventy or eighty miles away from the capital, so Wen Jinxuan ordered to set up camp on the spot, anyway, it didn't matter if it was early or late.

Li Yu looked at the large camp from a distance, the layout was neat and orderly, and it was obvious that the commander of this army was also a person who was capable of leading an army. Li Yu was very pleased and wanted to meet him sooner.

Before he arrived at the gate of the camp, soldiers on patrol had spotted him. Li Yu told him why he was here, and those soldiers looked him up and down before going in to report.

After a long time, someone came back and said that the coach invited Li Yu in. Li Yu thanked him with a smile and followed into the camp.

Arriving at the big tent of the Chinese army, Li Yu stared at the two rows of majestic swordsmen in front of the tent, his eyes narrowed slightly, and the shiny weapons were mounted on his head. Who would dare to pass under them?

"Please, the commander is waiting in the big tent." The soldier who led the way cupped his hands and went down, apparently under someone's orders.

Li Yu shook his head and smiled, this kid, how can you show off his majesty? Don't worry about it at the moment, calmly flicked the non-existent dust on the cuffs, and walked in.

Ever since he received the news of Liu Ruhai's inquiry, he knew who the commander of the Zhou family's army was this time. Now that he had come, he had come to see this younger brother who Ah Jiu had been thinking about in person, so forget about it.

When he entered the big tent and raised his eyes, he saw a young general in white armor and a white robe. He had a handsome face, which was about six or seven points similar to Wen Jinbai.

Wen Jinxuan looked up at Li Yu, looked him up and down for a long time, then tilted his head and said, "You are Li Yu, my elder brother who keeps praising me all the time?"

"You have to call me brother." Li Yu was amused, looking at this young boy in front of him, who was supposed to enjoy the glory and wealth in the prime minister's mansion, even if he was a dog-fighting young man, no one would say much, but he took responsibility early on. He has grown into a young general who is in charge of his own affairs. It can be seen that he has suffered a lot like Ah Jiu over the years.

Wen Jinxuan curled his lips a little dissatisfied, thinking that such a person became his brother-in-law, and his heart became a little uneasy. His elder brother was so beautiful and amazing, how could such a person be able to match him? worthy? However, thinking of Elder Brother's letter, which contained a lot of admiration for this person, I was discouraged. At least this person saved his elder brother, so he will reluctantly recognize him as his brother-in-law.

"Is my brother okay?" Wen Jinxuan asked anxiously.

Li Yu nodded, "Everything is fine with him, he just misses you."

Wen Jinxuan's eyes were slightly red when he heard this, why didn't he miss Elder Brother, and now only he and Elder Brother are left in the Wen Family dear ones.

After all, he is still a child at this age, Li Yu sighed in his heart, "Your elder brother is still in Suzhou, and he will not enter Beijing until the situation stabilizes. Then you can get together."

Wen Jinxuan nodded when he heard the words, he could not wait Long wings fly over to reunite with elder brother. But thinking that this day is not far away, his mood became much smoother, and he asked Li Yu to sit down and talk.

Wen Jinxuan also talked about his own affairs over the years, from the persistent learning of martial arts, marksmanship, and military strategy after coming to the North, to the first time he participated in the war with the barbarians, and after making meritorious deeds, he gradually rose to become a superintendent. Commander, Commander-in-Chief, finally became a qualified young general who could lead an army on his own. He suffered a lot and suffered countless injuries. He was on the verge of death several times. Escape, until now.

Although he has mentioned many things in an understatement, from Li Yu's ears, one can already imagine how thrilling he was at that time. He was still a child after all, and now it seems that he is just a big child. But at such a young age, he experienced things that many people have never experienced in their entire lives.

Li Yu listened to him very carefully about what happened in the past few years, and his heart was heavy and the haze remained. Home, now he has to pay the price.

"Over the years, I have been looking for the person behind the scenes, just to avenge your Wen family. So what if he is the Ninth Five-Year Master? You have to pay for the mistakes he made back then." Li Yu said fiercely.

Wen Jinxuan's heart trembled, "You mean that the person who harmed our Wen family is now the emperor?"

He has never heard of it, but he also knows that someone must have framed him. It's not that he doesn't want revenge, but he doesn't Someone told him who the enemy was, and even Elder Brother's letter didn't mention it.

When he thought about it, he understood that Elder Brother didn't want him to know and participate. If he didn't come this time, but stayed in Beijiang, he would be kept in the dark after thinking about it.

"That's right, he was still the prince back then, and if he failed to win over the Wen family for the sake of power and interests, he would frame things. Therefore, after I knew about Ah Jiu, I swore to make the enemies who harmed you pay the price. In recent years, I followed King Su made a plan, and now he can finally get his wish." Li Yu's brows were full of determination.

Wen Jinxuan was stunned, and looked at Li Yu with a little more affection. His elder brother did not choose the wrong person. This brother-in-law is courageous and responsible, and he can do this for their Wen family. It is indeed not easy.

However, they can all do their best for the Wen family in this way, so how can they be indifferent to the direct blood of the Wen family?

He was a little excited, "Brother, do you think there is anything I can do for you? I can also help." While speaking, Wen Jinxuan had already identified Brother Li Yu's identity, and he didn't even think about it at this time. It has already been called out.

Li Yu smiled slightly, "You still have responsibilities on your body, don't you want to join King Qin of Jing?"

Wen Jinxuan was taken aback for a moment, King Qin of the shit, let him help his enemy, how is this possible? Their Zhou family army is loyal to the country and the people, not to protect a Yongcheng Emperor. If it weren't for the emperor's orders to prevent people in the court from taking advantage of their weaknesses, how could their Zhou family army take care of this matter.

"Hmph! Isn't that just disobedience and disobedience? I have already disobeyed the edict more than once or twice. How about a few more times?" Wen Jinxuan's tone of speech was already full of disgust for Emperor Yongcheng "As for how I will explain after I go back to the Northland, that's a matter for the future, so I don't need to worry about him."

Li Yu smiled with relief. This Wen Jinxuan's temperament is pleasing to him, and he has not been raised to be rigid and stubborn. People who only know the concept of loyalty to the emperor.

"It's just that all the soldiers under your command know that you have come to King Qin this time. If you don't act, will the people under your command agree?" Li Yu asked.

Wen Jinxuan laughed, "Brother, you have underestimated me. During the years I have been in the Northland, the soldiers under my command can at least be absolutely obedient."

Li Yu naturally believed in him, he had this ability.

"In fact, they are all members of the royal family of Daqi. Anyway, they are all surnamed Qi as the emperor. It is not a big deal to change to another one. As long as the emperor can make the people live a good life, it doesn't matter who he is." Li Yu Ti pointed out that this was also his original intention in choosing King Su. For the common people, it doesn't matter who the emperor is, what matters is the implemented policies, if the common people are fed and clothed, they are good emperors.

"That's right, the members of their royal family are the emperor anyway, this is their own housework, and I'm just standing in line." Wen Jinxuan clapped his hands and smiled.

Wen Jinxuan already understood Li Yu's words, his brother-in-law was trying to find a way out for him, and he would be justified when he returned to the Zhou Family Army in the future. In fact, this is just a kind of rhetoric to the outside world. He knows that General Zhou will not blame him for his choice. The former General Zhou, how could he not be heartbroken by the smoky court, and because of this, he stayed in the north for several years and never returned to the capital.

This kid has a good comprehension ability, Li Yu secretly praised, such a person is just right, and the Wen family will flourish in his hands again in the future.

"Anyway, I did it with you, brother-in-law Ding. No matter what, it is absolutely impossible for me to help my enemy." Wen Jinxuan said firmly.

"Okay, since that's the case, you can wait here. Just don't enter Beijing for now. As for the future, we will cooperate with the situation." Li Yu thought for a while and said. He knew that Ah Jiu didn't want his younger brother to be involved. Wen Jinxuan watching the fire from the other side is the greatest help.

Wen Jinxuan was a little disappointed with such a simple task, but thinking that my brother-in-law had their plans, I just had to follow my brother-in-law's orders when the time came, and thinking of this, he agreed.

After making all the preparations, the Southern King's coalition forces announced to attack the city. Except for the north gate, they distributed hundreds of thousands of soldiers and horses at the east, south and west gates. It is the largest city, and the soldiers guarding the city are also elites. The general Xiang army can't compare with it. Therefore, although it has been smooth all the way, it has encountered setbacks here.

After attacking for two or three days, there was no progress at all, but a lot of troops were lost. Seeing the battle situation like this, Nan Wang became very angry. But he didn't believe it anymore, so many soldiers and horses couldn't help a city.

Listening to his subordinate's report, Qi Yunan frowned, "What's the situation at the North Gate?"

"Return to the lord, the five thousand soldiers and horses of King Su at the North Gate have not moved." He said, "They are just camping. Although they are training every day, they don't have any plans to send troops to attack the city.

" nothing.

"What does he mean? Has he completely given up on attacking the city?" Although Qi Yunan was puzzled, he didn't take his five thousand soldiers seriously. Anyway, the five thousand soldiers and horses are not too many, and they are not too many.

"Thinking about it, what can a mere five thousand soldiers do?" There is nothing they can do with this city if they have one hundred thousand soldiers, and the five thousand soldiers will be wiped out if only two of them come together. Wang Lin thought for a second, He smiled and said: "I think that King Su has given up fighting with the prince, I think his most important thought now is how to preserve his strength."

"Just to preserve his strength?" Qi Yunan asked back, but there was a murmur in his heart. As a nephew of his, he has never been understood. What you think is impossible, but he can do it, so people have to be wary.

"Other than that, I can't think of a second purpose. But don't worry, my lord, we won't be able to make an inch of progress with so many soldiers, let alone King Su and the others." Wang Lin persuaded.

Hearing what his counselor said, Qi Yunan was at least relieved, well, let's have a look.