Chapter 99

The requisitioned people in the city carried bricks, logs, arrows and other things used to defend the city back and forth.

There was an endless stream of soldiers coming and going on patrol on the wall of the north gate. Their side of the north gate was better. At least the rebels who besieged the north gate did not make any movement, while the other three gates were violently attacked by the rebels, causing countless casualties.

"Hey! What about you? What are you looking at furtively?" A soldier pointed at a young man and asked.

The young man bowed and bowed with a shy face and said with a smile: "Soldier, I just arranged to be transferred to help defend the city yesterday. Aren't I curious? The southern city gate was almost given away by someone. After attacking in, they managed to beat back the rebels. But today, why is there no movement at the north gate?"

The soldier gave him a supercilious look, "Go, go, go, is this something you can inquire about? You Just come here and just do things. It's best not to inquire about other things that you shouldn't see or hear."

"Hey, yes, thank you, Master Bing, for reminding me." The young man nodded repeatedly.

Only then was the soldier satisfied, "Go and move more bricks and stones to the city wall. When the battle really breaks out, these things will not be enough, but you are the only ones asking."

"Yes, we will move right away. My name is Sun Lao Er, if you have any orders from Master Bing, just call me." The young man nodded and bowed, calling for several people in the same company to move bricks and stones together.

Only then did the soldier leave satisfied. Sun Lao Er was diligent and capable, and he could talk, and occasionally invited these people to drink and eat meat.

"The north gate is better. You haven't seen how many people were killed or injured in the other three gates." A group of people sat around the fire and said with emotion.

"Fortunately, I guard the north gate. Although life is boring, it is better than losing my life at any time."

"Who says it's not? Come and drink." Sun Laoer poured wine among these people graciously.

They drank the wine that Sun Laoer filially respected, and they were extremely thankful. Fortunately, they were guarding the north gate, "Oh! I heard that the south gate is tight, and the superiors are going to send troops from the north gate. I hope it's not us."

" Huh? Is this true?"

"It's absolutely true!"

Everyone was silent, when will this day end.

Sun Laoer listened to their words and remained silent. When everyone was almost drunk, Sun Lao Er looked at the time and quietly retreated. When he reached a corner, he saw more than ten companions emerging from the shadows.

They huddled together for a while before breaking up.

Outside the city, Qi Yunan got the news that the south gate was almost breached, and their men finally leaped to the top of the city, and they were about to finish their work. Unexpectedly, the defenders at the top of the city reacted suddenly and fought with all their strength to fight and kill them. The team at the top of the city was completely annihilated. Seeing it, the hope was in sight, but it fell short. The south gate mobilized a lot of soldiers to come over.

Qi Yunan was so angry that his face turned blue. The number of casualties of their soldiers was increasing sharply every day. If they didn't break through the city, their soldiers and horses would be exhausted.

However, they didn't have any good solutions. Some people even proposed to wait for the other two groups of king-sealing soldiers to gather before attacking the city. Qi Yunan couldn't get angry. They were so anxious to attack the city because they were afraid of other kings who would not deal with them. For a share of the pie, one King Su has already made him feel like a stick in his throat. When other kings arrive, who will listen to his orders?

Just when everyone was at a loss, someone from outside the account rushed to report, "My lord, something is wrong."

Qi Yunan frowned, and shouted: "What's the matter?" One can imagine.

The person who reported the letter has already said in a hurry: "My lord, the north city gate is broken."

"What?" Everyone who heard the news was shocked. Yes, they may still believe it, but if the north gate is broken, they will only think that they heard it wrong. Isn't this a dream?

The north gate is King Su's 5,000 soldiers and horses. Since the start of the war, the soldiers and armor in their army may not have been distributed in place, right? Don't they train and run in the barracks all day long, do they practice or something?

They even ran to ridicule Qi Huan, they really didn't know that just training in the barracks could scare people into breaking down the city gate automatically? Ha ha! What a big joke.

However, now they have been slapped in the face and slapped, how can they believe it? Could it be that their north city gate is made of tofu? Can break the city overnight?

The person who reported the letter said it again, and everyone recovered from the stupefaction. Qi Yunan had already caught the person and asked him to tell the detailed situation.

The messenger swallowed his saliva, and then told what he had heard.

In the early morning of this morning, when the guard soldiers at the north city gate were still asleep, there were a few black shadows heading towards the city gate. They worked together in groups of three or five and bypassed the patrolling soldiers all the way. Unknowingly touched the city gate.

"Who?" The night watchman seemed to hear the movement and asked.

The companion on the side yawned. At this time, he was too sleepy to open his eyes. He muttered, "At this time, who would walk around without sleeping? Don't make a fuss, no, I have to squint for a while. " After the

voice fell, he was already snoring, and the person who noticed something moved listened to him, and a cat meowed not far away, and he was relieved. It's powerful, but it's better to be cautious.

After a while, there was a sudden "cuckoo" bird cry, and several black figures jumped out with lightning speed. Before everyone could react, all the gatekeepers had been brought down.

These people changed their clothes and came to the gate of the city openly. The leader nodded, and with an order, the city gate slowly opened from the inside.

By the time someone notices something is wrong, it is already too late, and it is too late when they rush over to stop it.

And Qi Huan and Li Yu had been waiting outside with five thousand soldiers and horses. Looking at the suspension bridge that was slowly lowered, they looked at each other and knew that the matter was successful.

With a wave of Qi Huan's hand, he gave the order to march, and five thousand soldiers and horses entered the city without any resistance.

Li Yu smiled slightly. It was not in vain that he had a back hand before the battle. He mixed dozens of people into the city, and then mixed into the city defenders with Liu Ruhai's help. At the critical moment, a small chess piece was enough to win the battle burden.

"What did you say? King Su and the others took down the North Gate without bloodshed?" At this moment, Qi Yunan almost vomited blood in his heart. They tried their best, but they couldn't make an inch of progress, but they were able to enter the city at leisure, which called them How embarrassing, and the previous agreement, now it seems like a joke.

"The rebel army has entered the city! The rebel army has entered the city!" The common people told everyone, many people were afraid of the rebel army's looting, so they closed their gates tightly and shrank in their homes.

Li Yu walked on the street, and his soldiers and horses walked neatly on the street in a team of ten, maintaining order. Although there were few pedestrians on the street, they still performed their duties.

Some people saw them from a distance and moved away to look at them from a distance. Some people hid in their homes and quietly looked out through the crack of the door. It was calm outside and nothing happened.

Hearing the news that the outer city had been breached, Emperor Yongcheng felt completely calm, and everything was settled. At this moment, all obsessions in his heart were let go.

Emperor Yongcheng stood up and staggered towards the outside. The palace eunuchs packed up their things like headless flies, and fled here and there, crying, cursing, and begging for mercy. But no one stopped after seeing Emperor Yongcheng.

Emperor Yongcheng ignored them, and walked straight in one direction until he reached the gate of a palace. The elder brother in a fine attire stood at the gate, and it was Concubine Bai.

"Ah Bai."

"Your Majesty is coming!" Concubine Bai greeted Emperor Yongcheng with a smile on her face, and the two entered the hall together.

There was no one in the hall, but the table was filled with delicious food and wine.

"Your Majesty, these ministers made these with their own hands, try it?" Concubine Bai said softly, serving dishes for Emperor Yongcheng herself.

Emperor Yongcheng sat down, the surroundings were very clean, only the two of them were left, this was an unprecedented peace and tranquility.

"Ah Bai..." Emperor Yongcheng looked at Concubine Bai.

A look of sadness flashed in Concubine Bai's eyes, "Your Majesty, I'm not called A Bai, so that Your Majesty may know that my real name is Lan Qing.

" another person. If I don't mention it again, I'm afraid I will forget my name.

"Your Majesty, I have nothing else to ask for, but I just ask Your Majesty to call me Lan Qing?" Concubine Bai had hope in her eyes.

Emperor Yongcheng was silent.

There was silence all around, and after waiting for a long time, there was no words that should come. Concubine Bai smiled sadly, picked up the wine in front of her and drank it all in one gulp, "That's all, that's all, it's my minister who overstepped the rules. From now on, Your Majesty will take care of herself, I can no longer be by your side."

Emperor Yongcheng opened his mouth, but he still didn't say anything. Concubine Bai leaned gently in his arms, humming the song his mother sang to him when he was a child: Yang Liuer is green, Lang rides a bamboo horse, Qingmeier is low. Low, the two little ones have no doubts...

Emperor Yongcheng was stunned when he heard this, and felt inexplicably sad.

"I hope that in the next life, if you don't enter the emperor's house, you and I will be separated, and we will never see each other forever." The corner of Baifei's mouth overflowed with blood, and his voice gradually became low until it fell silent.

Emperor Yongcheng squeezed his arms tightly, feeling his body gradually cooling down, tears had already flowed down, "Lan Qing, Lan Qing..."

It's a pity that the person in his arms will never hear these words.

Qi Huan led the troops to the palace without encountering any obstacles, but there was chaos in the palace. He sent soldiers to maintain order, and managed to stop the chaos.

Asked about the whereabouts of Emperor Yongcheng, the palace servant, but at this time, everyone was too busy to take care of themselves, who could care about this, shook their heads and said they didn't know where they went.

Before anyone was sure, a palace on the east side was on fire, and someone exclaimed: "This is the Zhaohua Palace of the Concubine Bai."

"By the way, it seems that His Majesty went to the Concubine Bai's side earlier. Hearing this ,

Qi Huan hurriedly sent his soldiers to put out the fire, but the fire was so powerful that no one dared to go in.

Two days later, two bodies were found inside, and after identification, they were Emperor Yongcheng and Concubine Bai.

From then on, the era of Emperor Yongcheng came to an end.

The author has something to say: Thanks to the little angels who voted for me or irrigated nutrient solution during 2020-08-14 10:09:43~2020-08-14 12:49:00~

Thanks to the little angel who cast the landmine: 1 little fat shrimp; thanks to

the little angel who irrigated the nutrient solution: 10 bottles of little fat shrimp;