Chapter 78

The two of them finished grooming after noon the next day, and after breakfast, Li Yu had to go to the embankment again.

"Who is that woman? Why doesn't she seem to have seen it before?" When Li Yu was eating, he naturally asked Tao Hong. inconsequential people.

"You fished it from the river a few days ago. It's called Taohong. You said you wanted to stay in the house to repay your life-saving grace, so you are willing to be a child and give birth to a son and a half for you."

Li Yu frowned . , He didn't take this matter to heart at all. Looking back this time, he still had some impressions, "This person can't stay in the mansion. You can make arrangements to let her move out. As for her future life. You ask her Willing to work in a workshop, or to find someone to settle down with, let her choose."

Wen Jinbai understood Li Yu's meaning, nodded, "I will have a good talk with her."

Li Yu is very satisfied. It's him who is in charge of the outside, Ah Jiu is in charge of the inside, and there has never been a mistake. It's just such a trivial matter, Wen Jinbai will handle it properly.

After Li Yu left, Wen Jinbai approached Taohong.

When Tao Hong saw Wen Jinbai, she wiped her reddened eyes, and gave him a blessing.

Wen Jinbai waved his hand, "Sit down, I have something to talk to you about today." His voice was calm, calm and elegant.

Tao Hong thought that he was here to tell her what happened last night, so she hurriedly said: "My lord, I think the master was frightened last night, and it won't be like this next time if I make preparations." She still couldn't believe that the lord was indifferent to her, After much deliberation, there is only one explanation.

Wen Jinbai smiled lightly, "Get ready and leave the house in two days."

"Huh?" Tao Hong was taken aback, as if she didn't understand what he meant. "My lord, what are you doing out of the palace?"

"The master has spoken, you are already in good health, and it is not appropriate to stay at the mansion any longer. You can go to work in a workshop to support yourself even if you leave the mansion." Wen Jinbai explained.

"What? I'm a slave girl, how can I show my face in public." Tao Hong said anxiously, after second thought, no, the master is going to drive her out of the house. "My lord, please do me a favor. My slave's family is gone. You are my reborn parents. I can be a slave in the mansion. Please be magnanimous. Don't drive this slave out of the mansion. Otherwise, I will have no one to rely on." , there is only a dead end."

Wen Jinbai sighed: "Since you don't want to show your face and work, then you have to find someone to marry, and you can settle down and live a good life in the future. It's still a thousand times better than being a concubine. Don't worry, I will help you arrange everything."

Li Yu has a lot of people, including newly mourned men and young boys who have never been married. When the time comes, let her choose the one she likes. Yes, both parties are satisfied with each other, and they are right for her.

As soon as these words came out, Taohong's ears rang like thunder, her mind went blank, she could only stand there in a daze, how could this happen, how could this happen? Why can't adults tolerate her?

"Think about it carefully. If you think about it, let me know as soon as possible." Wen Jinbai didn't stay long after finishing speaking, turned and walked out. It all sounds a lot better.

Fortunately, he didn't make a big mistake last night, otherwise, he might hate himself to death. He was really infatuated for a while, so he trusted an outsider just like that.

Tao Hong watched Wen Jinbai go out, wringing the corners of her clothes with her fingers, her eyes fixed on Wen Jinbai, why is he so lucky to be loved by Lord Li even though he is clearly a brother? , but I don't want that person to take a look?

She often heard her mother talk about how fickle men are since ancient times, and she also deeply believed it. However, after seeing Mr. Li, she quietly changed her mind. Mr. Li and his husband are very affectionate, and they are in harmony with each other. The way they get along is really enviable to others. It's a pity that the lord has nothing to do for several years. She originally thought that she would have a chance, but the reality of last night gave her a slap in the face.

Now that she has been kicked out of the mansion, what else can she do? Maybe just find someone to marry off? But can that person be as good as Mr. Li? Can he treat her as wholeheartedly as Lord Li treats the Lord? She hesitated in her heart, and finally closed her eyes and made up her mind, then let her life go, no matter what, it's better to be married with someone to rely on than to have no roots.

Li Yu returned to the embankment and started busy again. The sky was not beautiful that night, and there was another heavy rain. What Li Yu was worried about still happened.

Under the black sky, in the torrential rain, a figure staggered over.

"My lord, it's too bad, Ma'an Village may not be able to support it!" The visitor shouted loudly, accompanied by the faint sound of wind and rain.

Li Yu's heart tightened, and he called the master to walk towards the saddle. Before he got there, Xu Huainian hurried over to greet him. He looked anxious and ignored the etiquette. He wiped the rainwater off his face and grabbed Li Yu, "My lord, the water level is not rising well." , I'm afraid we won't be able to keep this side, there's already a gap, and it won't be long before the embankment will burst."

Li Yu was pulled by him so that he couldn't stand still, so he also started to run. When we arrived at the place, the water was indeed raging. Compared with usual, the water level had risen a lot, and it had already been exceeded.

"What should I do? My lord." Xu Huainian asked impatiently.

Li Yu turned his head and asked Wu Chun beside him, "Have all the people in Ma'an Village evacuated?" The situation is urgent now. Although he had already arranged for people to evacuate the villagers in dangerous areas before, he was afraid that the work would not be done. In place, loss of life and property in vain.

"My lord, most of them have already evacuated to a safe place, but a small number of them are unwilling to leave without saying anything, saying that they are protected by an adult, and nothing will happen."

Li Yu was speechless, "You go and arrange it, those who don't want to leave, Even if it is the back, let me carry it away." This kind of thing is unpredictable, in case they break the embankment despite their hard work, then try to minimize the loss.

Wu Chun took the order to go down, and Li Yu then ordered: "Everyone will go all out, guard against death, and never let it burst. As long as we persevere through this wave of flood peaks, there will be no problem in the future."

Li Yu Those words reinvigorated everyone. Yes, as long as they persevere through this wave, they will be victorious. They believe that under the leadership of Lord Li, they will be able to defeat it.

"Hurry up! Sandbags, gravel, move over there at speed!"

"Hurry up! Faster! Slow is still not a man..."

"This way! More people here!"

...

Everyone is here Action, people who should have rest also gave up the rest, running back and forth on the river bank, everyone's voice is hoarse and tired, but they are full of energy, they can't rest, and behind them are their fathers and villagers.

Didn't you see it? Isn't the magistrate of Juping County also in front of them? On the embankment, the person standing with his shoulders straight and the closest to the danger is, no, the god in their hearts.

"My lord, I can't drive down the wooden pile. The water is too fast, and the pile is washed away by the water as soon as I step down!"

The situation in front of me is very urgent, and the gap is getting bigger and bigger. I have no choice but to watch it burst. However, if you want to fill it with sandbags and gravel, you must lay piles, so as to prevent the sandbags from being washed away by the water.

Li Yu was also very anxious. He couldn't go on like this. If he went on like this, he would break his mouth sooner or later. He thought for a while, then grabbed a rope from the side and put it on his body. The people next to him didn't understand what he meant, but they saw that he had already jumped into the gap.

"Quick, get someone to block you, you must block it." Li Yu's voice, like everyone else's, had long been hoarse.

Only then did the people understand, and without hesitation, they all put on the rope and jumped into the water, standing in a row arm in arm.

With these people making piles, the sandbag gravel was finally stabilized and would not be washed away by the current.

Everyone hastened their movements and filled the sandbags with gravel into the water desperately.

After one night, the sky will be bright, and the gap is finally gradually closed under everyone's efforts.

Li Yu climbed ashore and was almost exhausted. After soaking in the water all night, he had to keep himself from being washed away by the current. Batch after batch, the gap was finally blocked. This is the result of everyone's hard work. Li Yu is very pleased that the crisis is finally over.

At the last moment when the gap closed, everyone cheered. Sure enough, there was nothing Mr. Li couldn't do. For them, Li Yu was sent from heaven to save them. Looking at the current Juping County compared with that of three years ago, one is in the sky and the other is in the ground.

In the past, people were poor and poor, and everyone was broken, so what can they do? But now, they are used to living a good life, who wants to go back to the old days? Even if you risk your life, you must protect the hard-won good days now.

If it weren't for the fact that everyone had almost lost their strength, they would have lifted Master Li up.

Li Yu felt everyone's happy atmosphere, and grinned silently. very nice!

At this time, a group of people came over surrounded by umbrellas. After they had inquired clearly, they came in the direction of Li Yu.

The movement of that group of people quickly attracted people's attention. Li Yu turned his head to look, and couldn't help being taken aback. Why did this person come here? Hasn't he been exchanging letters for the past three years?

He quickly stood up and greeted him. Before he could make a sound, the visitor gave him a wink. Li Yu understood and took him directly to the tent.

"Your Highness, why are you here? This minister is disrespectful." Li Yuping retreated everyone, leaving only him and King Su Qihuan here.

That's right, it was King Su who came here, and it could be seen that he was visiting privately in a micro-service, so Li Yu didn't let Li Yu salute just outside.

Li Yu is covered in mud now, and there is no place to dry his whole body. He shouldn't have met His Highness King Su with such a demeanor, but King Su didn't care at all. There was no intention of blaming him, since he ran here privately without notifying anyone, how could he have any intention of blaming him?

Moreover, Li Yu also has serious business to do. He has heard about Li Yu all the way here. This person can lead by example, regardless of danger, and always stand in front of everyone. This courage is also worthy of praise. Well, they kept blocking the breach last night, and they were already exhausted at this moment. It stands to reason that he shouldn't bother at this time, but this matter is so serious that he had to rush over overnight, just to ask Ask Li Yu to see what he thinks.

Li Yu's appearance is really not good enough for him to just talk like this, so Qi Huan asked him to wash and change his clothes before coming back. Although the weather is not too cold, it is uncomfortable to soak in the water for a long time, and Qi Huan ordered him to accompany him His personal guards who came over went to boil some ginger soup and brought it over. By the way, they also boiled some more, and they also drank some for the dike builders outside.

Li Yu knew that his appearance was really outrageous, so he resigned like a gentleman. He really needed to wash up, at least he could recover his spirit.

It was only after a stick of incense that Li Yu turned around, and after bowing to King Su again, he began to sit down and talk in detail.

"I don't know why His Royal Highness King Su came here this time?" Li Yu asked straight to the point.

Qi Huan's tightly furrowed brows had already made Li Yu realize that this matter must be serious, but he didn't know what it was that made Qi Huan subdue him no matter what, and before that, he hadn't heard any rumors . Even in the correspondence a month ago, His Royal Highness Su Wang did not mention any unusual questions, which has to be thought-provoking.

Su Wang Qihuan has relied more and more heavily on Li Yu over the years. Li Yu knows it well, no matter how big or small, he will write to ask for Li Yu's opinion.

In the past few years, with the well-trained men like Luming Mountain, the banditry in the southwest has basically been eliminated. In addition, Qi Huan has managed the Suzhou fiefdom by means of a benevolent, righteous and virtuous king. In the past two years, great results have been achieved. , the folk customs are simple and simple, so the whole Suzhou has a thriving state.

I believe that in the near future, the wharf in Juping County will be completed and put into operation, and the entire Southwest will undergo a major change. And all of this is in Li Yu's plan, exactly. Therefore, Qi Huan is well aware of Li Yu's ability, and it is precisely this that he values.

But this time Qi Huan not only submissively came over, but also did not choose to wait for him to return in the county government, but went to this dangerous embankment to find someone himself, which is enough to show the importance of Qi Huan's treatment of this matter.