Chapter 31

Now I have eighteen taels of silver in my pocket, plus Xu Sheng's ten taels, it is enough to build a big house.

Li Yu was full of joy, today is really an auspicious day, it's his turn to do good things, and luck can't stop it.

He had just turned a street corner, and just as he was proud, he saw a group of people passing by, and one of them was very familiar. He looked intently, and saw a group of young men crowding each other towards a restaurant in front of them, and a familiar figure among them was his nephew Li Xingyan.

Li Xingyan was wearing a Confucian shirt at the moment, and he was talking with other people, and everyone laughed heartily when they heard the words.

But I heard a loud voice say: "Brother Xingyan's words can be counted on, we have agreed to treat you today, I will not be polite, just open your belly and eat!"

After saying this, everyone haha In agreement, Li Xingyan patted his chest proudly, "Just let go of your food and drink."

Another person said: "Xingyan brother is always generous, but he got a lot of money when he went home a few days ago?"

" That is, if it weren't for the money, who would be willing to go back? Let me tell you, the yam cake seller in the town is my family's property, and now it is not a trivial matter for me to ask for money." Li Xingyan said proudly.

A group of people entered the restaurant as soon as they said that, Li Yu stood at the corner of the street, with a hint of sarcasm on the corner of his mouth, heh! When did my Li Yu's things become yours? I don't know what it means, I really didn't expect that with such conditions in the family, he could still spend lavishly on entertaining guests. He was really spoiled by the family when he grew up.

Thinking of the life of the Li family, I feel a little worthless in my heart. The family tightened their belts and lived frugally. As long as they had a little money, they gave it to Li Xingyan to study. Anyone who has a heart will work hard, hoping to repay his family in the future. However, Li Xingyan has no heart of gratitude at all. In his eyes, everything is taken for granted, and he deserves it. This kind of person can repay his family. He is afraid that the sun will come out in the west. People, it seems that Li Xingyan has to re-evaluate this person.

Fortunately, the Li family separated them, otherwise, how could he be reconciled to letting him support such a white-eyed wolf with the money Li Yu earned, and want to get involved in his business, which is not the way to do it in a dream.

Li Yu shook his head, leaving Li Xingyan behind, why bother to think about such an irrelevant person. Li Yu has nothing to do with his future.

Back home, Li Yu excitedly told Wen Jinbai about today's events, then put the silver taels in front of him, and flaunted: "Look, I told you I can't treat you badly in the future, even if you don't do anything , can you still support you with a salary of three taels of silver a month?"

Wen Jinbai is funny, and only Li Yu can come up with such a fantastic idea, right? Zizhuo! Only the eldest son of the Chen family can play cards so unconventional. These two people, hey! There is really a comparison.

"After straightening everything out, let's go to the village chief and get the house building done. We'll build a new house earlier, so we can feel more at ease." Li Yu had already thought about it, "Let's build a bigger house." There is a small yard in the front where we can plant some flowers and plants. If we have nothing to do, we can enjoy flowers and weeds in the yard, and we can build some livestock sheds in the back. We will also buy a donkey cart at that time, so we don't have to walk to the town. You Okay ?"

"Okay!" Wen Jinbai imagined such a scene and nodded, although he used to live in a place full of gardens and rockery, but just thinking about the small courtyard Li Yu mentioned made him feel at ease, thinking about it. What a warm picture it would be to sit in the yard with Li Yu when I was old, admiring the flowers and looking at the moon.

Li Yu opened his eyes, saw Wen Jinbai rolling into his arms, smiled wryly and shook his head, now he is more and more used to having such a person in his arms, he got up quietly, and Wen Jinbai would hold him down Gently pulled out the clothes, the movement was cautious, afraid of disturbing the sleeping people.

However, when he went to the ground, Wen Jinbai had already opened his eyes. Now that he was used to Li Yu being by his side, he would unconsciously wake up when the people around him were empty.

"Did I wake you up?" Li Yu asked softly when he saw that he was awake.

Wen Jinbai shook his head, "No, I feel light, and it's time to get up."

Li Yu nodded, "Okay, I'll go to the village chief later, I'm building a new house, I always have to Say hello to the village chief first, and discuss the matter of the yam cake workshop by the way, and it will be easier for you to get it done earlier."

Knowing that this is Li Yu's kindness, Wen Jin accepted it sincerely, "Well, you go , I will prepare the ingredients for the pastry first, and when the little girl comes, I will be able to make it."

"There are still too few people, and I am tired." Li Yu sighed.

Now, although they hand over the rose cakes and cakes to Xu Fangzhai for sale, they still have to make them by themselves. When Xu Fangzhai sends workers to pick them up, they have to make the yam cakes themselves, and then push them to the town to sell. Now they The Chinese yam cake has gained a reputation for its high quality and low price. Common people like to buy some to take home to eat, so the yam cake they make has been in short supply. Many people can't buy it and can only leave with regret, complaining one after another. Why not make more and sell them? Regarding this issue, Li Yu is also very helpless. They are short of manpower and the place is small, so there is only so much they can do with their best efforts.

That's why he wanted to develop the villagers as soon as possible. These are labor forces. In this way, they only need to guide the method at critical moments and grasp the proportion of making yam cakes, and they don't have to do everything by themselves.

After a hasty breakfast, the two were busy with their own affairs.

Now who in the village is not jealous of Li Yu and them? There are horse-drawn carriages going back and forth between the town and Li Yu's house every day. I heard that Li Yu is now promising, and their business has been favored by the nobles in the town. They personally found Li Yu to cooperate with him. Although I don't know how much benefit Li Yu can get from it, but Li Yu must have made a lot of money now.

The village head Li Wentian just listened outside, and when he came back, he heard his mother-in-law talking about the third boy of the Li family. .

"Who is it? Here it is." Li's aunt asked, then went out to open the door. After a while, she smiled and said in a very enthusiastic voice: "Oh! It's you! Come on, why are you mentioning these things? Come in, come in and sit."

Li Wentian knew his mother-in-law's temperament, There are not many people who can make her treat each other warmly and look at her differently, and they are suspicious in their hearts, and they don't know who is here.

Just as I was thinking about it, I saw a tall and straight figure enter the door, who is it not Li Yu?

"Uncle Village, I'm here to see you for something, I'm really sorry to bother you." Li Yu saluted.

Li Wentian squinted his eyes slightly, and Li Yu was standing at the door. The morning light came in through the door and shone on Li Yu, forming a kind of brilliance, an illusion that made people look up.

He calmed down before erasing the weird feeling. At this time, Li Yu was not as timid and wretched as before, but he seemed to be a different person. No wonder it was rumored that the youngest of the Li family married A good husband turned the original ruffian into a good person.

"There's no need to be polite, don't bother me if you have anything to do, just tell me what you have to do, and if I can do it, I will do it." Li Wentian hid all his thoughts and said with a smile.

Aunt Li quickly moved a chair for Li Yu to sit down and talk, and then went to make a cup of tea herself and handed it over. Li Wentian had never seen his mother-in-law entertain visitors so warmly.

Li Yu thanked Aunt Li, and then said: "I have been living in the old house at the end of the village since I was separated from my family, but you also know, uncle, that the house has been in disrepair for a long time, and there is no good place. Now it is rainy season, Not to mention the dampness of the house, it is also leaking, which is really difficult, so the boy came to find the uncle just to repair the new house."

Li Wentian's fingers trembled, and he almost knocked over the tea in hand, but he reacted quickly , to stabilize the cup.

When he spoke again, his voice seemed to change a tune, "Third boy, do you mean to build a new room?"

Li Yu smiled, "There is more than one room, this is the room I came to find you, I want to build it bigger , maybe build a few rooms, and build them next to the old house, so that the area may be larger."

Li Wentian thought he was just rebuilding a new house, but he didn't expect him to think about it He has repaired a few big houses, but now that the third boy of the Li family has earned some money, he thinks it would be good to build a few more mud houses. The place where he lives now is surrounded by vacant land, so it is not difficult to repair houses, and there is no need for him Difficult, so he nodded, "Okay, I will find a few villagers who can build houses with mud and water to help. You can figure out the salary. The mud house will not take long to be repaired."

Li Yu looked at him and nodded in agreement. , I was also happy, "Uncle, let's find more people. There are not too many plasterers. I don't know if there are any bricklayers in the village. I am building green brick and tile houses. It is best to find more bricklayers."

" Hiss..." Li Wentian took a deep breath, "What did you say? You want to build a big brick house?"

Li Yu blinked. It was postponed to rebuild."

"Third boy, do you know how much silver taels it costs to repair a big brick house? Even though you have earned some money, there is no need to repair such a good house right away. You will have to pay for it in the second half of the year." After paying taxes, this is another big expense, you have to think carefully about it." Li Wentian persuaded earnestly.

But Li Yu had already made up his mind, shook his head and said, "I know Uncle is thinking of me, but since I want to build such a house, I will prepare the silver taels, so you don't have to worry about that."

Seeing that Li Yu has a plan in mind, How could Li Wentian not know what Li Yu meant. It's not good to persuade him anymore, but I'm extremely surprised, how much money did the third boy of the Li family make in his business?

He knew it when the family was separated. The separation contract was originally supposed to be fingerprinted by both parties in person, but the Li family just brought a piece of paper with fingerprints on it and asked him to be a witness. Hunzi, he didn't pay much attention to it, so he just pushed the boat along and drew a seal. He never thought that such a day would come. At that time, Li Yu was really alone and had nothing. In just a few months, he had enough money to build a big tile house with blue bricks.