Chapter 52

The chief villain Li Xingyan, this is something that can't escape. County magistrate Liu slapped him 30 times. He originally wanted to lower Li Xingyan's ranking this time, but Li Yu pleaded for him because he was young. It's the first offense again, so it's just a matter of ranking, but I warned him to be a good person in the future and not to make the same mistake again.

In fact, it's not because of Li Yu's kindness. Didn't Li Xingyan look down on him? Then he will defeat him openly in the scientific examination field, this is the best way to retaliate.

Think about it, what kind of psychological shadow will arise when a self-confessed genius or child prodigy is defeated by the person he despises the most in his favorite field.

When he left the county office, Li Xingyan was carried out by someone. He gave Li Yu a hard look, and the unwillingness in his heart clearly appeared on his face.

Li Yu looked at him condescendingly, and chuckled in his heart. From now on, the distance between us will become wider and wider. One day, I will go to a place beyond your reach.

Li Yu went to the place where the market opened to get the money he had won. The stall owner thought that he had won, but he didn't expect this result. He had no choice but to admit that he was unlucky.

The following days returned to calm and uneventful, and the government examination will be held in more than a month. Li Yu devoted himself to studying as usual, and the news spread that he was ranked first in the imperial examination, and later he was personally examined by the county lord. There are those who are curious, and those who are unbelievable, but he doesn't care about these rumors. He has a kind of noble state of not hearing anything outside the window and only reading the books of sages and sages.

The government examination is in Fucheng. They are seven or eight days away from Mianzhou City. Li Yu and the others have calculated the time and started to prepare for the departure. Everything in the family is handed over to the younger sister Li E and the village head Li Wentian. Taking care of it, Li Yu went on the road with Wen Jinbai.

When they left, all the old and young in the village came to see him off, but no one from Li's family came over. Presumably because of resentment against him, Li Xingyan was beaten 30 times by the county magistrate.

Li Wentian sighed and comforted: "Little Sanzi! Your father and the others are confused. Could it be that there is only one Li Xingyan in their Li family? When the family separated, I thought you were at a disadvantage. Now it seems that the separation The family is the right one, and in the future you don't have to worry about the life and death of their family, if anyone dares to make irresponsible remarks, I will be the first to spare him."

Li Yu knew that he had good intentions, but in fact, the affairs of the Li family He didn't care at all. This is a person who has nothing to do with the two worlds. For the sake of the original owner, he adheres to the idea of ​​getting along as long as he can, and on the surface he can socialize politely. However, with the words of the village chief, Li Yu knew that the Li family would never be a stumbling block to him again.

The two got into the carriage, the coachman whipped his whip, the horse neighed "recovery", hoofed up and headed forward. At this time, in the woods beside the road, a hunched figure stopped for a long time until the carriage After walking far away, I will never see him again, so I turned and left.

When Li Wentian saw that figure, he sighed silently. If he knew why today, the youngest son he detested the most is now promising. Thinking about it, he really has no face to come out to see each other again, right? In the end, he still didn't say anything, and let the figure drift away.

Li Xingyan was not knocked off the rankings. He is going to go to the government test this time. He has been recovering from the injury for almost a month. It's just bad luck, he will definitely show his true colors when he gets to the government test, and he will suffer a crushing defeat. And with his own strength, Tong Sheng will definitely be able to catch it.

As a prefecture city, Mianzhou City is really prosperous. There are rows of small buildings with double eaves next to the ten-mile long street. There are all kinds of shops, restaurants, tea houses and guest houses on the street. The crowd is bustling with people, children are running around, and the hawkers are shouting endlessly. .

As the government examination was approaching, many scholars and students were in a hurry, some just came from other places, and some arrived early, and invited three or five friends to write essays and poems.

Li Yu felt very novel looking at everything in front of him. What he saw was a lively ancient prosperous town. It was not as fake as in later costume dramas. The picture immediately became three-dimensional.

"It's getting late, my lord, do you want to find an inn to settle down first?" the coachman asked.

The carriage and the driver Chen Si were both sent by the Chen family. There are many small things that Chen Si can help run errands. It is no problem to settle and take care of Li Yu and his wife. Concentrate on preparing for the exam, it is better to have someone to help, at least you don't have to worry about some small things, Chen Si can also arrange it properly.

Hearing Chen Si's question at this time, Li Yu agreed without thinking.

However, several inns after I walked said that they were full. Now it was the time of the government examination, most of them were students rushing for the examination, and those who came late naturally could not settle down.

Li Yu was helpless, looking at the current situation, he could only see if there were any rooms in a slightly remote inn. Chen Si was also clever, understood Li Yu's words, and searched for a few inconspicuous inns, and finally found an inn. He said that the rooms in the front were full, but there was still a room in the back courtyard, although it was a bit out of the way , can win in quiet.

After Li Yu and the others had seen it, the room was still tidy and clean, but it was a bit small. However, the room faced the sun, which was just right for him to read and practice calligraphy. What's more, he needed a quiet place to study. The outside room was too noisy, which he didn't like. It's just right here, it's a bit remote, and no one comes to disturb him.

Wen Jinbai saw that he was quite satisfied, so he decided to make a decision. As for Chen Si, he had already asked for it. Stay here to prepare for the next government exam.

There are still about ten days left for the government examination, and the magistrate will take the unified examination at that time. As long as you pass the government examination, you will become a Tongsheng. Only after becoming a Tongsheng can you continue to participate in the hospital examination and become a scholar.

Li Yu devoted himself to studying, and Wen Jinbai helped him find and select all the things he needed for the scientific examination, and he was only waiting for the day when he entered the examination room.

The prefectural examination and the college examination are naturally not comparable to the county examination. Its scale is larger and it is held in the largest academy in Mianzhou City. The academy has a simple layout to meet the candidates' examinations.

Li Yu was very glad that he chose a remote place where no one would bother him to study. However, seeing that the government examination was approaching, someone came to his door.

"Li Langjun, someone is looking for you outside." The waiter knocked on the door and whispered.

He knew that there was a student rushing for an exam living here, and his husband rarely went out to socialize on weekdays. Occasionally, when passing by here, he could still hear the sound of reading aloud. There are very few people who study hard like this, at least he has not seen many. Many candidates will go out to visit friends when they come to Fucheng. This is just taking advantage of the opportunity of scientific research to socialize and have fun.

However, he was also a little strange. He had never seen an examinee bring his family members together before. The scholar here was considered a special case, right? His husband never shows his appearance to others, and every time he goes out, he will wear a veiled hat, which makes people look ugly, but in private, they are also guessing that this man is concealed, either he looks like a fairy or looks ugly , but it should be impossible to be ugly, right? Only a husband who looks like a fairy will always be with him, and this couple is also very affectionate. Sometimes when he sent things over, he could always see that the two couples were deeply affectionate and getting along with each other, making people unconsciously envious.

The sound of reading in the room stopped, Li Yu opened the door, and nodded with a smile: "I don't know who found it? Do you have a name?" By

the way, I forgot to mention one thing. Nowadays, scholars are all arrogant and conceited. Above the top, only the one in front of him can treat everyone with courtesy and approach.

The shop clerk shook his head, "There are four or five of them, they didn't announce their names, they just said that they came with you, after inquiring for a long time, they only found out that you live here, so they came to visit specially."

Li Yu was a little helpless, since people have said so, it would be shameless not to go to the meeting, so he nodded, "I'll go and see, please let the little brother lead the way." Lead the way.

In the outer lobby, Li Yu finally saw these people clearly. It turned out that they were the same students in the county examination. He recognized the first two, Zheng Peng and Qi Chongming. At the beginning, everyone said that he cheated in the exam and that he was not worthy of being in the top rankings. Later, when the truth came out, there were a few people who felt a little guilty, and they also came to express their apologies afterwards. Among them were these two people, and later they came to look for him again Li Yu went back and forth twice, and he was familiar with each other.

"It turned out to be Brother Zheng and Brother Qi." Li Yu greeted them with a smile on his face, and bowed his hands in a salute, "Your Majesty is here to welcome you from afar, to welcome you from afar."

Everyone also bowed when they saw Li Yu, and Zheng Peng smiled and said, "We took the liberty to disturb you. Brother Li, don't blame me."

Li Yu waved his hand, "Where is it, there are friends coming from afar, it's not easy to say, but how did you find my little brother here?

" Complaining, "Brother Li, you are too biased, aren't you? Since we came to Fucheng, we have been inquiring about you. We have searched all the inns, big and small, but we didn't expect you to hide here."

Li Yu smiled, "I can't help it. Although it's remote here, it's better than the price. I'm so shy, so I can only live in such a small inn."

The three people behind Zheng and Li heard the words . Showing a hint of contempt, as a scholar, he bluntly said that he was too shy, maybe only a ruffian like Li Yu who valued money would say such a thing, right?

Li Yu saw the unnatural expression on the faces of Zheng and Li, and asked with a calm smile, "I don't know how many of you came here to look for me, why?"

Zheng Peng and Qi Chongming glanced at each other, there was a hint of calculation in their eyes, and then they said: "That's right, there will be a poetry meeting tomorrow, which is initiated by Liu Zan, a gifted scholar in Jihua County. At that time, many scholars in Qinghe will We will all participate, we thought that you are also a scholar in our Qinghe Town, and you are on the top of the list, so we specially came here to invite you to attend the meeting tomorrow."

Li Yu thought in his heart, I am afraid that the weasel is not at ease to give the chicken New Year greetings, what kind of poetry meeting, Didn't he specially invite him because he wanted to see Li Yu make a fool of himself in full view?

The author has something to say: Haha, there is a new cover, isn't it pretty? is it nice? (Everyone comes to praise my own son, can't I send red envelopes? Cover your face) Thank you for leaving comments, favorites, and subscriptions, thank you for throwing thunder, dear friends of nutrient solution, and refills! Thanks to the little angels who voted for me to overlord or irrigate nutrient solution during 2020-06-2909:41:53~2020-06-3009:57:46~

Thanks to the little angels who cast mines: 1 smile;

thanks The little angel of irrigation nutrient solution: Grapefruit yoki, save 10 bottles in one pocket; meow ~ 9 bottles;

thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!