Chapter 67

The news of the county magistrate's appointment quickly spread throughout Juping County. This is a big event that concerns the vital interests of the people, and the people have to pay too much attention to it. So after dinner, this is the first topic everyone talks about.

On an open-air tea stand by the street, there were about a dozen people sitting there, all of whom were thirsty on the road or walked around the streets to rest their feet.

"Have you heard? The new county magistrate of Juping County is here." After there are more people, everyone loves to chat and talk, but now someone mentions it as soon as the words are spoken.

"Who did you hear this from? It's been almost two years since the accident happened to the last county magistrate of Juping County, right? I haven't seen any officials sent down from above? Why did this come so suddenly? No news Will it be false?" There are people who don't know why they don't really believe this, since the bandits have besieged the county government, doesn't it mean that no officials are willing to come to this place?

"This can't be fake. Boss Zhang, who sells pork, has all gone back to the Yamen. I saw it with my own eyes." The man obviously had the first-hand information, and he was quite complacent.

"Oh, now that the new county magistrate takes office, I'm afraid our life will be difficult." Someone said with a bitter face.

"Isn't it? Now I don't know how much taxes will be increased."

There was a hint of hesitation in someone's words, "It's impossible for this new county magistrate to be more perverse than the previous one? Isn't he afraid of Lu Ming? The hero on the mountain?"

As soon as the words came out, the people around were quiet for a moment, and someone reacted immediately, put his hand to his mouth, and made a booing gesture. Shut up.

Someone looked around and said in a low voice: "Be careful that the misfortune comes out of your mouth. The county magistrate is not sure what to do. I'm afraid we will be implicated if we mention these things."

"It's not that serious, is it? The county magistrate has been here for a long time. Apart from letting the servants repair the county government in the county government, I haven't seen him take any other actions or laws. They all say that the new official will take office three times. Huo, he stayed in the yamen all day and didn't know what it meant to come out, and there was no movement even in the matter of calling the respected old men and gentry and rich gentry in Juping County to meet according to the rules."

Everyone nodded repeatedly . , what he said made sense, but a young man beside him sneered: "Who knows what kind of medicine this new county magistrate sells in his gourd? Unexpectedly. The crows are as black as the world, and not all officials are the same. It is better to count on the people on the mountain than to count on this kind of people." These

words were said to everyone's heart, and they were silent and did not dare to answer. However, this topic is obviously a bit taboo. Some people couldn't sit still, fearing that they would get into trouble, they hurriedly got up and paid for tea and prepared to leave. There were several people who left.

The person who spoke at last ignored them, poured another cup of tea from the teapot, and took a sip slowly.

At this time, Li Yu, who was sitting in the corner inside, took a look at Wen Jinbai who was opposite him, and seeing Wen Jinbai couldn't help but look at his joke, he was very helpless, so he tapped his forehead with his finger and made a mouthful Type: I'll settle the score with you when I go back.

Wen Jin's white eyebrows are curved, and there are stars in his eyes.

Li Yu stood up, then led Wen Jinbai to the young man's table.

This young man was slandering these cowardly people by himself, and when he raised his eyes, he saw two strangers standing in front of him. He felt strange in his heart, so he heard one of them say: "My lord, can you A table?" The

young man glanced around, although the tea stall is not big, but there are many tables and stools, and some people just left, so it is empty, there are so many vacant seats, how can we compete with him for a table ?

As if seeing what he was thinking, the man said with a smile: "My husband and I came here a few days ago to seek relatives, but we didn't find any relatives. Right now, we have no relatives. We want to find them but don't know where to find them. This Mr. Xiaolang must be very familiar with Juping County, so I want to chat with you, maybe I can have a clue." The

young man suddenly realized that he is also a warm-hearted person, and he nodded in agreement when he heard this. "In this small county of ours, there are very few outsiders coming here. No wonder I see that you are unfamiliar."

Li Yu asked the tea stall owner to serve a pot of good tea again, and ordered another plate of melon seeds and peanuts, and then pulled Wen Jinbai Sitting down, he introduced himself, "My name is Li Yu, and this is my husband, who came from the south." The

young man nodded and said with a hearty smile, "My name is He Zhang, and I was born and raised in Juping County. People, many things can't escape my eyes, so you are looking for the right person if you want to inquire about something."

"Really? Isn't it pretty good? Why do I see something different now? When I came here before, I also met bandits. If we didn't have much money, I'm afraid... hey!" Li Yu said with a frown.

"The situation is different now. It was good in the past few years, but then there was a flood, and many fields were submerged. Not to mention that there was no harvest. Selling their sons and daughters to be displaced, many people can't survive at this time, so they went up to the mountains and became bandits." He Zhang smiled, "Actually, bandits are far less evil than the government."

"Oh, Is that so?" Li Yu poured him a cup of tea and said with a smile: "I just heard that this is not a new county magistrate, with officials governing the area, it will never be the same again, right? Those bandits should be more peaceful, right? The so-called people don't fight with the government, if the government pays off the bandits..."

He Zhang sneered, "You don't know how the previous magistrate got off, right? This new county Let the adults obediently behave with their tails between their legs, maybe they can stay in peace, if not..."

Anyone can clearly understand the unfinished meaning of the words. Those bandits who can drive away one county magistrate can drive away the second, so it's better not to make a fuss.

Li Yu smiled awkwardly, "I've heard of this. It is said that he is a hero on Luming Mountain. It is really admirable. Luming Mountain is probably the largest mountain in a hundred miles. It's hard for us ordinary people."

He Zhang shook his head, "These people were forced to go up the mountain because they didn't have enough to eat. They won't make things difficult."

"Really? I'm relieved." Li Yu pretended to be relieved.

He Zhang smiled and said, "You said that the relatives you're defecting to don't know where they live and what their names are? If you really don't have a clue, I can ask for you."

Li Yu heard this and looked at Wen Jinbai, Wen Jinbai nodded Nodding, he said what he had prepared a long time ago. Of course, seven points are true and three points are false. Li Yu and the others found a foreign family that had moved away a long time ago from the paperwork, and recognized this family as a relative who went to visit relatives. This identity was convenient for them to go out and inquire about news.

He Zhang thought for a long time, then shook his head and said, "The Zheng family in South Street seems to have such a family, but they moved away a few years ago. You probably won't find anyone this time." Big, he had a vague impression of it.

"Yeah, we've asked around, but we don't know where they moved to." Li Yu sighed.

He Zhang frowned, "Then what should you do? Do you want to stay or go back home?"

"We have no possessions, we are alone, and the journey back is also far away. I don't know what changes will happen. I discussed it with my husband. Alright, stay here for now and find a job first."

He Zhang looked at them. This man was dressed as a scholar, and his hands were powerless. His husband was wearing a veiled hat, so he couldn't see his face clearly. Both of them were dressed plainly, and they didn't look like they could lie People, the heart that was still a little wary relaxed a little.

He nodded, "If you want me to say that nothing in this world is peaceful, that's fine."

"Yes." Li Yu echoed: "Although natural disasters are ruthless, man-made disasters are even more harmful. If the newly appointed magistrate can sympathize People, there should be something to look forward to in this day." These

words reached He Zhang's heart, but he didn't believe that being an official would be so good. Regardless of the life and death of the people.

"I hope so." He Zhang sighed. Who wants to live a life of licking blood when they can live a stable life?

The three of them said something, and the pot of tea was almost finished before they left.

"Does this person need to check?" Wen Jinbai thought for a while and wanted to ask Li Yu, but this congratulatory badge gave him a strange feeling, so he asked Li Yu.

Wen Jinbai was a little skeptical about the young man I met at the tea stand just now, because ordinary people are very secretive about banditry, and even defending these bandits is in secret, and it is impossible to raise it blatantly. However, what He Zhang said inside and outside the words showed his appreciation and protection of bandits, which was a bit unexpected. That's why Wen Jinbai said whether he should go and find out the details of this person.

Li Yu shook his head, "Let's forget it. First, we don't have enough manpower. Second, what can we do if we find something?"

Wen Jinbai nodded, and Li Yu said the same. documents and files, and wandered around with Chen Si alleys, but also inquired about a lot of news.

"Because there are many mountains and dense forests in the southwestern border, the problem of banditry is really difficult to solve. Not to mention other places, there are more than ten places of banditry in Juping County alone. They are connected with each other, and the folks in Juping County are basically It is related to relatives, maybe one of the families is involved in banditry, and the common people are very protective of these banditry, and they generally don't make trouble for the common people, so if there is any movement in the government, it will soon pass through The common people have heard the news of the bandits." Wen Jinbai told Li Yu one by one the news that he had scouted these days.

"Besides, since you took office, as soon as the news got out, those bandits on the mountain also sent many people over to inquire about the news."

This is the news from Chen Si's inquiring. A little news is of course not a problem. It has to be said that Mr. Chen did a great favor to them by sending Chen Si to them.

Li Yu nodded and frowned, "It was also mentioned in King Su's letter that every time there is an action against those bandits, it will end in failure, just because they seem to be able to predict in advance that the officers and soldiers have not yet arrived. They have already moved, and every time the officers and soldiers will rush to nothing, so after King Su came here, there will be no effect in clearing the payment."

Wen Jinbai was worried, "What should I do? These bandits keep It 's always a disaster."

"Treating the symptoms has to cure the root cause. Take everything slowly. You can't eat hot tofu if you're in a hurry. You have to go step by step. You have to believe me, there will be a way." Li Yu also figured it out. , based on his understanding of five thousand years of history, as well as various ancient and modern schemes, such as thirty-six schemes, and palace scheming, he does not believe that there is no way to learn from one or two, not to mention that the method is dead. Suffocated by urine? He still doesn't believe that there are unsolvable things in this world.

Now that Li Yu has said that, Wen Jinbai is relieved a lot. He said that there is a way, so there must be a way. He just needs to believe him.

The author has something to say: Thanks to the little angels who voted for me to overlord or irrigate nutrient solution during 2020-07-13 13 10:01:46~2020-07-14 12:33:57~

Thanks to the little angels who cast mines : 1 leaf;

Thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!