Chapter 14

Earning the first pot of gold, both of them were very excited.

Wen Jinbai also temporarily put everything behind him, and he should cherish the days in front of him.

Today's harvest is more than a hundred coins. In fact, based on their price of two cakes for one penny, they can only sell dozens of coins at most. It is all thanks to Li Feng that they have a little more money in their hands.

Don't panic when you have money in your hands, Li Yu asked Wen Jinbai to put away the money, Wen Jinbai was taken aback, and handed it all to him to put it away? Did he hear correctly?

"In the future, I will be responsible for making money, and you will be in charge of taking care of it. You will have the final say on all expenses at home..." Li Yu felt that something was wrong when he said this. Huayong, I am in charge of earning money to support the family and you are in charge of being beautiful like a flower, he rubbed his nose, and thought in embarrassment that it is right to earn money for his younger brother to spend, um, yes!

There's no way, the original owner is a mess and used to being extravagant, and he doesn't have any specific concept of money, otherwise he wouldn't give it away as soon as he said he would give it away. And he traveled from modern times, and he knew nothing about copper coins and silver, so it was right to let Wen Jinbai take care of the money.

Wen Jinbai was stunned, then smiled, "Leave it to me, can you rest assured?"

Li Yu waved his hand, "Don't worry, there is nothing to worry about, the two of us earned the money together and spent it together What's wrong?"

"Okay!" Wen Jinbai didn't hesitate, nodded and agreed, he naturally knew how to manage the house, he was engaged in the past, as soon as he got married, he was the main wife, so naturally he also learned how to manage accounts The management of the back house is just that things are different and people are different. Now we start from scratch, and the future may not be unpredictable.

Li Yu felt relieved, and waited for Wen Jinbai to find a pottery pot, put the copper coins in it, and then look around for a place to hide like a hamster. Where can I hide?

Having said that, I still have to work hard to earn money and build a better house. This leaky house is okay now. If the weather is colder, I will suffer if I live in it.

But relying on them selling yam cakes, when will they be able to raise enough money to build a house? Li Yu was a little worried, and scratched his hair in annoyance.

Wen Jinbai finally hid the jar, walked over and sat down and said, "When we have more capital, we can make more pastries and sell them. I, I will also make some pastries, and I can make them in the future.

" Yu didn't expect Wen Jinbai to be able to make cakes, so he gave him a thumbs up and praised him without reservation: "You know how to make cakes, that's amazing, Xiaobai."

Hearing Li Yu's address, Wen Jinbai His face flushed, "I am the ninth in my family, and everyone in my family calls me Ajiu."

Li Yu, who was called Xiaobai, would inexplicably think of a certain anime character, and quickly said, "Hi Ajiu, from now on I will call you Ajiu too." Let it go." Compared to Xiaobai, he thought Ah Jiu sounded better.

Wen Jinbai's heart warmed when he heard Li Yu say the word Ajiu. No one in his family called him Ajiu anymore. This person pulled him out of the mud, and he will be his family from now on Well, why not call him Ah Jiu? He nodded and agreed.

"I can make pastries, but the materials used in the pastries I know are very good. I am afraid that if the price is too expensive, no one will buy them, but if they are sold at a low price, wouldn't it be a loss? What should I do?" Wen Jinbai frowned, a little hard to decide, he also learned how to make snacks when he was at home, but because he was going to marry sooner or later, he should learn something so that he could wash his hands and make soup for his husband in the future Soup, the pastries and snacks of Juzhen Pavilion that were once all the rage in the capital, he naturally learned how to make them, but when they took them out at this time, they couldn't afford the materials alone, and this town is no better than the capital, who Will spend a lot of money to buy some pastries and snacks?

"Is the material of the pastry specific? Is there any other material that can be substituted?" Li Yu asked.

Wen Jinbai nodded, "Many of them are formulated with specific ingredients. If other ingredients are used instead, the taste may change greatly." You

must know that Juzhen Pavilion in the capital is the largest pastry shop, and they all have secret recipes. As for the recipe, back then, every time a new pastry was released, the princes and ladies in the capital flocked to it, and he also begged a lot of money for a few secret recipes, only thinking that he would learn them to please others in the future. Thinking about it now, what I did was really ridiculous.

"It doesn't matter. There's no need to make pastries the same as other people's. We always have to innovate. Ten people have ten different feelings about the taste. There's no need to worry about it. It's like our yam cake. , Some people like it and think it's delicious, and some people don't like it and think it's not good." Li Yu said with a smile.

"It's delicious." Wen Jinbai said hastily after hearing his last words.

Li Yu patted his head, "I'll just use an analogy, of course, our food must be the best." Seeing that Wen Jinbai stopped talking, he said again: "Actually, I also have some recipes for pastries. , in the future, we will choose a few easy-to-make and delicious ones to sell. We don't need to make too many varieties, just make some special pastries, and adjust the price appropriately for different consumer groups. For example, the special dishes that the rich family's sons and wives love to eat It doesn't matter if the ones are more expensive. Ordinary ones are mainly yam cakes. What do you think?"

He doesn't know too much about rose cakes, cream cakes, and egg tarts. Which girl doesn't like to eat these things in modern times? Take a little effort to make it, and someone will like it if you think about it?

Now that Li Yu has said that, Wen Jinbai is right to think about it, "It's okay, but the street we went to is full of common people, and ordinary wealthy people don't go there to buy things. If you make it, can you sell it?"

Li Yu smiled "hehe", "As long as the thing is made, are you afraid that it will not be sold? There is a saying that if the mountain does not come, I will go to the mountain, and I will go to their doorstep Sell ​​it." At that time, he will also get some tasting packs and sell them door-to-door, the door-to-door delivery is cheap, who would not want it?

He explained his thoughts to Wen Jinbai, and Wen Jinbai's eyes started to light up when he heard it. He really didn't expect that this person could come up with such a way. This is a good idea, so you don't have to worry about no one buying it.

The two discussed it and decided to try it with the limited materials at home.

There are still eggs and honey that Li Yu brought back, and they are used to make cakes. In addition, there are many wild roses on the mountain. Picking some back to make rose cakes is a good time to test the water. If the response is good, you can continue to make them and sell them.

The only worry now is that the icing sugar in this era is too expensive, and it is not like the good white sugar in modern times, but has a lot of impurities. If the honey is used up, you have to buy icing sugar as the material, which is a lot of money. Big payout too.

In fact, if there are raw materials such as sugar cane and beet, it will not be difficult for Li Yu to make white sugar, but the world seems to have never heard of sugar cane and beet. People make icing from a plant called bracken extracted from the roots. This kind of icing is not particularly sweet, and the output is small, so the icing is very expensive, a luxury that only rich people can afford.

As for honey, no one takes it, because bees sting people to death, so many people keep away from it.

This puts Li Yu in a difficult situation, he won't let him search for honeycombs all over the mountains and plains, right? Under the current conditions, it is still a bit dangerous. It is possible that he should be asked to raise bees, but he really does not know how to do this. Even raising cats and dogs, he will be half dead, and in the end he can only give them away.

Or things like sugar cane and beets exist in this world, but no one has discovered them for the time being. After all, many things here are similar to ancient China, but if he wants to discover these things by himself, he doesn't know when he went. , far hydrolysis can not quench near thirst, now the urgent need is to solve the problem of sugar, what other ways can there be?

Li Yu rubbed his brows and stopped thinking about it. There must be a way for the car to reach the mountain. No matter what you do at this time, it won't help. Isn't it just asking for trouble?

Wen Jinbai was very interested in the rose cakes and cakes that Li Yu said, he had never heard of such pastries. He knows roses, also known as "lingering flowers", but he has never heard that its flowers can be made into food. Li Yu said that this rose cake tastes like roses, and after eating it, it can also leave a fragrance on the lips and teeth, which is very pleasant. It's sweet and delicious, and he yearns for it just thinking about it. And what about cakes, he only knows that eggs can be steamed to make custard, and can the pastries be as delicate and smooth as he said?

The next day, Li Yu took Wen Jinbai up the mountain to pick roses and came back as a backup. He didn't plan to go to the booth today, mainly because yesterday's turmoil was quite big, so we should wait until the weather calms down before going.

This is the time when roses are blooming. There are roses all over the mountains and plains in the forest, and the fragrance of roses spreads from afar.

They weaved two grass baskets, and stopped to pick some rosebushes when they encountered blooming rose bushes. They soon had a small half of the baskets. They stopped and went, but they were leisurely. , the sunny side has already matured, and there are birds flying up and down in the trees.

Li Yu was overjoyed. Although these wild plums are small in size, they can still fill your stomach anyway. He handed the basket to Wen Jinbai, and said to him with a smile on his face, "You wait for me under the tree, and I will pick them." Come down and eat some fruits."

After finishing speaking, without waiting for Wen Jinbai to speak, he ran over, climbed up the tree, and specially picked Xiangyang's ripe and transparent fruits, which taste better. He picked them One hand, but there was no place to put it, and with a heartbeat, he lifted up his robe and rolled it into a cloth pocket, and finally tucked a corner into his belt, the fruit fit well in it, and it would not fall out, so he picked it up soon When it was full, I reluctantly climbed down the tree.