Chapter 15

The two sat down, and Li Yu poured the roses together, and then put the fruit in another basket. A basket full of bright red fruits made my mouth water just looking at it.

Li Yu picked out the biggest and reddest fruit and rubbed it on his body, then handed it to Wen Jinbai, "Try it to see if it's sweet or not, many birds are eating it, I think it tastes pretty good."

Wen Jin Bai tilted his head and smiled, "How do birds know whether the fruit is sweet or not?"

"Hey! You don't know that, do you? The fruit on the tree is the best as long as it has been eaten by insects or birds." Li Yu said seriously. This is a valuable experience summed up by people.

While talking, he picked up one and threw it into his mouth, "Oh! It's crispy and sweet, it's really good."

Wen Jinbai also took a small bite, "Well, it's quite sweet."

Li Yu was triumphant , "Right, I just said sweet..." He paused, a flash of inspiration flashed in his head, yes, he thought of a way to make sugar.

Since Li Yu came to this world, he has discovered that whether it is the original owner's memory or his own, as long as he has seen it before and found it in his mind, the memory is still fresh, just like yesterday, no matter how long it is, those memories are all detailed Now, I don't know if this is the golden finger mentioned in other people's novels, but Li Yu thinks it is very useful. This kind of memory, when he used to go to school, he would not be a problem if he took any postgraduate exam, even a doctorate. It's a pity that he came too late, and now he doesn't have to go to college anymore.

The world he knew had already grown corn, but he didn't know if there were sweet potatoes. Anyway, the original owner had never seen sweet potatoes as a plant in his memory.

With corn, it would be easy. That's right, what he thought of was glucose that could be extracted from corn and sweet potato starch. Of course, this glucose seemed to be first extracted from grapes, and it could also be extracted from fruits, but the cost would be too high. High, and extracting glucose from corn and sweet potato starch is the cheapest way.

He still remembered that he had done experiments on glucose extraction when he was a member of the club at school, and it was very successful.

Although there are not as many tools as at that time, but now that I think about it, it is just a matter of spending more hands and feet.

Wen Jinbai saw that he was lost in thought and didn't know what to think of. He frowned for a while and smiled again for a while. He didn't dare to disturb him and just stayed by his side silently.

After a long time, Li Yu pulled Wen Jinbai up, "Ah Jiu, I know a way to make candy, and then we don't have to worry about making candy for cakes."

"Really?" Wen Jinbai smiled , He didn't know what solution Li Yu could come up with, but seeing that Li Yu had figured it out, he was still happy for him.

Li Yu nodded and said excitedly: "This method is very cheap, but the sugar produced is much better than the current icing."

Hearing what he said, Wen Jinbai also became serious, "The sugar you mentioned is not made of ferns. Is it made of vegetables?" As we all know, the yield of bracken is very small, which also makes the icing made from it very expensive.

"You don't need bracken, you can make it with corn."

Wen Jinbai was taken aback, did he hear correctly? What to do with it? corn? Is it the kind of coarse grain corn that the rich and noble people dislike? Can this thing make icing? Could Li Yu be teasing him?

It's not easy for Li Yu to explain too much at this time. No matter how you explain things that you haven't seen, people will only think they are fantasy. So people will believe it when it is actually made.

Li Yu no longer cared about the question mark on Wen Jinbai's forehead, and pulled him down the hill, "You will know when I make it, now go back and make rose cakes and cakes, and we can sell them as soon as possible so that we can buy corn." Come back and make candy."

On the way back, Li Yu purposely passed by the place where he picked up the wild eggs, but unfortunately, not to mention the wild eggs, there wasn't even a single chicken feather. Li Yu was a little disappointed. It seems that in the future, eggs for making cakes will have to be bought by others, but the eggs are not too expensive now, and there are quite a few chicken farmers in the village. Most of them gather together and send them to the town. For sale, you can ask those who raise chickens to buy it in the future.

The two returned home all the way, and saw a figure hovering in front of the house from a distance. Taking a closer look, it's not the younger sister Li E who is.

Li E saw the third brother coming back from a distance, and ran over quickly. Seeing that she looked a little anxious, she had already asked, "Third brother, you lied."

Li Yu was at a loss, what's the matter? Where has he lied to anyone? "What's wrong?" He was still polite.

Li E was about to burst into tears, and complained: "Third brother, you clearly said that you would not sell the third brother-in-law, why did you lie to me? The third brother-in-law is already so pitiful, and you still want to push him into the fire pit, you are really too Damn it... eh! Third Brother Husband?" Before he finished accusing his third brother, he saw Wen Jinbai standing behind him, and was stunned for a moment without turning his head. Then he said stupidly: "Third brother, are you there? Uh, hehe, I thought..."

Li Yuqu flicked her forehead, "What do you think? You are a big girl, and you are still careless all day long Yes, I see who dares to take you."

Li E blushed, and coyly said: "I heard people say that third brother, you brought your husband to the town to sell, and everyone in this village has spread the word. What I said was clear and precise, so I just came here to take a look! I, I don't believe it."

"I don't believe it?" Li Yu laughed, if he really didn't believe it, he would come here to question him? This little girl still wants to deceive people with her film.

"Um... I believe it a little bit." She stretched out her thumb and index finger to make a small distance, glanced at Li Yu secretly, and made the distance a little longer.

This little clever ghost, Li Yu had no choice but to say, "Let's go, go into the house, and I'll make some good food for you later." After speaking, he handed the fruits in the basket to Li E to eat.

Li E didn't believe that the third brother could cook something good to eat, but he was still willing to stay with the third brother and the others for a while. She was also polite, grabbed the fruit and ate it "swish".

As soon as he entered the house, Li Yu got into the kitchen. The kitchen was too small and could only accommodate one person. Wen Jinbai and Li E sat in the yard and picked the roses they picked, and kept the good ones. spare.

Li E is restless, chattering non-stop, "So you have gone into the mountains, the third brother has never been into the mountains before." He took a bite of the fruit, and then said: "You have picked so many wild flowers. What's the use? Is it fun in the mountains? Take me there next time you go to the mountains." She didn't expect Wen Jinbai to answer her, and she talked to herself like Li Yu.

Wen Jinbai was doing things with his hands while listening, with a very leisurely smile on his face. This little girl has a straightforward and kind personality. After he came here, he was often looked down upon by others, but she couldn't see a trace of it on her face. Give him something to eat in private. If it weren't for her, I don't know if I would be able to live until now. Therefore, he was grateful in his heart and regarded her as his younger sister.

Seeing the smile on Wen Jinbai's face, Li E was a little stunned, "Actually, third brother-in-law, you look pretty good, much better than that girl Xiuzhi, huh! The third brother used to regard her as a treasure, but she She didn't even take a look, now it's all right, who cares about her."

Wen Jinbai frowned at these words, Miss Xiuzhi? It's a very familiar name, yes, I heard it from Li Yu when he was drunk, and I didn't think it was anything at that time, but now it sounds like his heart is faintly blocked. Trying to ignore the feelings in his heart, Wen Jinbai became absent-minded.

After an unknown amount of time, bursts of strong fragrance came from the kitchen, and Li E's nostrils kept fluttering, "What is so fragrant?"

Wen Jinbai smiled slightly, and motioned her to go to the kitchen to have a look. Li E never believed that her third brother could cook up anything delicious. As long as she could remember, she had eaten the mice that the third brother caught when she was a child, without even peeling the skin. , just baked it like this, and from then on, she never dared to eat anything made by the third brother.

Just when she was hesitating, Li Yu had already come out with something, and that's where the fragrance came from.

Li E had already jumped over to help, but Li Yu dodged it, "Go and sit down, it's still hot, let it cool for a while and you can eat it."

Li E nodded hurriedly, and Wen Jinbai had already put the slate down After the table was cleared, Li Yu put the wooden plate in his hand on the slate table before sitting down.

It was too hot today, and when Li Yu came out of the small kitchen, Li Yu was sweating profusely. Wen Jin met him in vain, took a handkerchief, and wiped the sweat off his forehead. Li Yu thanked him, and let Wen Jin Bai blushed a little, but fortunately, it was relatively cool under the shade of the tree, and with the gentle breeze blowing, he felt relieved.

Li E couldn't wait any longer, and asked curiously: "What is this? Third brother, you really made this?"

Li Yu picked up a piece of rose cake and stuffed it into Li E's mouth, "Eat and see, okay ?" Delicious?"

Li E took a bite, and her eyes lit up immediately. She has never eaten such a delicious thing in her age. The cake is crispy and sweet on the outside, and the filling is fragrant inside. After one bite, it smells like roses. When it overflowed between her lips and teeth, she quickly covered her mouth, for fear that the fragrance would escape.

Li Yu looked at the Coke, and handed another piece to Wen Jinbai, "Look at it, do you need to improve it?"

Wen Jinbai took it, took only a small bite, and was so surprised that even he I have never eaten such a pastry before. The fragrance of the rose is mixed with the sweetness of the skin. Which young lady doesn't flock to her taste? This person, where did this person learn such a delicious pastry?