Chapter 64

The land in the southwest is the most barren land in the Great Qi Kingdom. Su Wang Qi Huan was entrusted here, which shows how unfavored he is.

In the crisp autumn weather, the shadows of the trees beside the official road are whirling, and some yellow leaves are falling with the rustling autumn wind, showing a bit of disinfecting spirit.

There are a dozen men in ragged clothes, crouching in the grass by the side of the road, staring at the official road, a thin man waved away the little bugs flying in front of his eyes, and sat up impatiently , muttered: "I haven't even seen a person all day, what are you doing here?"

A man beside him gave him a look, spat out the tasteless grass roots that had been chewed in his mouth, and reprimanded: "No! What should I do? Where can I get food? Do you want to feed the old and young on the mountain?" The

thin man curled his lips when he was told this, and didn't dare to answer. He grabbed a handful of grass and stuffed it into his mouth depressedly. The grass was bitter, he frowned, but still didn't spit it out.

The man's name is Zhou An, and he was originally a villager in the vicinity. Later, the land suffered from floods, and the crops in the field failed. The officials not only don't provide relief, but increase taxes even more. How can they survive? If there is no other way, they can only turn grass into bandits.

The man who reprimanded him was Zhou Ping, Zhou An's older brother, and because of his active mind, he could be considered the leader of their group. Under his arrangement and care, the women, children and children on the mountain will not starve to death.

The sound of horseshoes came from afar from the official road, and these people were shocked, with a look of joy on their faces.

Zhou An quickly touched his brother with his elbow to remind him, Zhou Ping pushed him down into the grass, and then observed by himself.

The carriage was getting closer and closer, there were two of them in total, and the drivers were two men in their thirties, there was nothing unusual about the rest.

Being able to have a carriage is definitely a good fortune, and without guards, such a target is not strong in combat effectiveness, and it is a suitable target for robbery.

Zhou Ping was happy in his heart. Now that he could get this money, everyone who wanted to come to the mountain would have a better life. Seeing that everyone was looking at him, waiting for him to make up his mind, he nodded slightly.

Zhou An giggled, already motivated, he clenched his fist and punched the ground vigorously, everyone was also gearing up, their hands involuntarily held the weapons beside them. They all believed in Zhou Ping. If it wasn't for Zhou Ping, they would have been forced to death by officials. Since Zhou Dalang judged that it could be done, he would definitely be able to do it.

When the carriage approached, Zhou An couldn't control it anymore, he jumped out with a loud shout, and stopped in the middle of the road.

The driver reacted quickly. When he saw someone jumping out of the middle of the road, he quickly pulled the reins to stop the horse. Fortunately, the carriage was not moving fast. This man was so reckless, so it's no wonder he was injured.

He was about to get out of the car and go to have a look, when he saw a dozen or so people jumping out from the forest beside the road, all of them were holding sticks and hoes, and the man in front of him was holding a long knife in his hand.

When the driver saw the situation, his heart skipped a beat. They, they must have been robbed, right?

"What's the matter?" A sleepy voice sounded in the carriage, and the driver immediately replied: "My lord, something seems wrong? There are more than a dozen people blocking the road ahead, and there are weapons. It doesn't look right. It looks like a stubble."

There was silence in the carriage for a moment, and then the curtain was lifted, and a slender man jumped out of the carriage. With a white hand, he helped the owner of that hand out of the carriage with force. This person was none other than Li Yu and his husband Lang Wenjinbai who had just taken office.

The man driving the car was Chen Si. He had followed Li Yu since Li Yu rushed to take the exam. Now that Li Yu took office, he naturally followed him.

The people in the carriage behind saw the movement in front and felt that something was wrong, so they also stepped forward to protect Li Yu's surroundings.

This is Li Feng and Li E and his wife who were with Li Yu. When Li Feng learned that Li Yu had won the Juren and became an official again, his mind suddenly widened. He has been in Qinghe Town for so many years, although he has so many He is a brother, but he always feels uncomfortable. Although others are afraid of him, they still look down on him and despise him in private. What bastards like them do are also shady things. When they see officials, they are like mice seeing cats with their tails between their legs.

He didn't hear that Li Yu was going to the Southwest to take up his post, so he hurried over, expressing that he would follow Li Yu, because he thought, following Li Yu, at least he would behave in a decent manner, right? Based on his relationship with Li Yu, how could he have the lowest status as an official servant?

Li Yu was also helpless, Li Feng was straightforward and bold, and he admired his character very much. Thinking about it, he didn't have many confidantes in his new position. Since he was willing to follow him, it was all right for him to agree. That's why he's here.

As for Li E and his wife, they are very smart in business, but due to the limitation of their vision, many things cannot be in charge of the overall situation. They have benefited a lot from following Li Yu, and they are also grateful to Li Yu. This time Li Yu will go to other places to take office After many years, there is no one who can help him. This is how Li E can rest assured. The two couples discussed it. There is nothing wrong with doing business. Why don't you go with Li Yu so that you can have someone to take care of you.

Zhang Xiaoshun's mother and son came here as refugees, and they didn't have any roots, so they could live anywhere, so the family of three followed Li Yu, preparing to settle down somewhere.

Li Yu also distributed his own property. In cooperation with Xu Fangzhai, Xu Sheng directly bought out the pastry recipe and gave him a considerable fee. And he directly transferred the pastry workshop in the village to the village head, and asked the village head Li Wentian to use the profits from the workshop to build a school, and asked the teacher to teach the children in the village. Can go to school.

As soon as this arrangement came out, everyone in the village was overwhelmed with gratitude. They didn't expect their children to be able to study, and they would be able to take the imperial examination and become an official like Li Yu in the future.

When Li Yu left, the village chief took his hand, his eyes were red, he thanked Li Yu for the children in the village, Li Yu received this gift, no matter what, he could do everything for the villagers It has been done, and children are the greatest hope. As long as there are books to read and knowledge, there will be more promising people in the future. In this way, the future of the village will always get better and better.

At this moment, Li Yu and all of them stood together.

Seeing that there were only seven or eight of them, and there were old and weak women and children, Zhou Ping couldn't bear it, and wanted to retreat, but his brother Zhou Nan had already said, "Hey! I opened this mountain, and I planted this tree. I want to stay and buy money from now on!"

Zhou Ping wanted to help his forehead, this stupid brother is really crazy about watching dramas, no matter what, he always said this at the beginning.

"Is this? Really robbery?" Li Yu was curious. Although he heard that the Southwest was seriously infested with banditry on the way here, this was the first time he encountered it along the way.

Wen Jinbai glared at him, is there even a need to ask? Isn't it obvious?

Li Feng glanced at Li Yu. He has been a bastard for many years, and he has never met a robber. Isn't this breaking ground at the age of Tai Sui? But this is also good, you can show your skills.

Li Yu took two steps forward and looked at the dozen or so people in front of him. They were yellow and emaciated and dressed in rags, but they didn't look like vicious people who robbed houses, but rather like a group of farmers, especially the weapons they held in their hands were wooden. Sticks, sickles, hoes, etc., Li Yu really didn't believe that they robbed.

Seeing that the person in front of him was not afraid of them at all, Zhou An scratched his head, deliberately put on a vicious look, and glared, "Have you heard that? I'll let you go, otherwise don't blame us for being rude. "

Li Yu was not frightened by him, but laughed aloud, and asked leisurely with his hands behind his back: "You said that you planted this tree and this road is also yours, so why don't you shout to see if they agree to you? If you shout If you agree, I believe that these are all yours, and I can give you some tolls."

Zhou An was taken aback, this...this, God damn it, yes? Are all the robbers bullying the honest people who were robbed now? He glanced at his elder brother Zhou Ping for help, hoping that his elder brother would help him deal with this person.

Zhou Ping twitched the corners of his mouth. After all, he couldn't see his idiot brother making a fool of himself, so he stepped forward, "This is Funiu Mountain, and all the land in this area is under our management. We will let you go if you leave money, or you will be embarrassed if you hurt someone." Already ."

Li Yu nodded, this person must be the leader here. He cupped his hands and saluted and said, "May I ask this good man, is this Funiu Mountain within the jurisdiction of Juping County?

" The merchants, who are not trembling and begging for mercy, and those who are dishonest and want to resist, they will be honest after a beating. This person is dressed as a weak scholar, and he does not have any fear when he meets them. right? Looking at this group of people, old and weak, women and children, and the only one who stands up to do something is a nerd, it makes people feel a kind of sympathy.

Zhou Ping nodded, "That's right, this Funiu Mountain is counted as the boundary of Juping County."

Wen Jinbai and the others glanced at each other with a look of joy on their faces.

Li Yu breathed a sigh of relief, and sighed, "It's finally here." After walking for so many days, eating and sleeping, climbing mountains and wading, they finally reached the boundary. That's right, Li Yu was the magistrate of Juping County.

After sighing, he said to Zhou Ping again: "This hero, why did you go up the mountain to become a bandit? Can't you cultivate the land well? The danger of robbery is too high. Are you afraid of attracting officials when you block the road and rob?"

A nerd is a nerd, thanks to the way he asked this question, before Zhou Ping could answer, Zhou An had already stepped forward and said, "Are you a fool in studying? If you continue to farm the land, do you have to say it? Officials? Officials are nothing. Shit, he came to beat up one worker and another, didn't you know? The previous county magistrate of Juping County was so frightened by us that

he ran away." The authenticity of these words made Li Yu a little suspicious. I've heard that bandits are rampant in the southwest, but I haven't heard that these people can scare away the court officials.

Seeing Li Yu's suspicion, Zhou An snorted coldly, "Don't believe me, before the magistrate of Juping County extorted violently, regardless of the life and death of the people, this kind of dog official who fishes and meats the people deserves to die. People surrounded the county government, and if the dog officer hadn't escaped so quickly, his head would have been lost."

"Amazing! Awesome!" Li Yu clicked his tongue in embarrassment, he had come to a place of tigers and wolves, he A little worried, how should he clean up such a mess?

Zhou An was triumphant, "If you are afraid, quickly hand over your belongings, forgive you..."

Before he finished speaking, Zhou Ping interrupted, "What do you do for a living, where do you come from, where do you fight?" Go?"

"Our family came from the south and went to join relatives in Juping County. I'm a scholar and I don't have much money. Only some old books are worth a little money." Li Yu said casually.

"Bah! Unlucky, why do we need your old books?" Zhou An spat and looked disgusted.

Zhou Ping took a look and was sure what he said was true and false. He felt a little embarrassed. They robbed all the merchants in the past. There really is nothing to rob. In addition, he is still a scholar, and in his heart, a scholar is always respected.

He sighed, it seemed that today's work was wasted, there were dozens of people waiting to eat on the mountain, and they all counted on him.

Zhou Ping waved his hand and asked his subordinates to open a way, "Forget it, you guys go."

No one dared not listen to Zhou Ping's words . I haven't had enough to eat, I thought I could grab some belongings in exchange for some rice, but how did I know that such a poor scholar came, bad luck!

Li Yu and the others couldn't believe that these people let them go just like that. After all, these people still didn't lose their conscience. Looking at these skinny people, he felt a little sad. These were ordinary people, and the officials forced them Instead, they were forced to take this road. It seems that he, the magistrate of Juping County, has a long way to go.

The author has something to say: Thanks to the little angels who voted for the overlord or irrigated nutrient solution during 2020-07-1011:32:45~2020-07-1110:18:59~

Thanks to the little angels who cast landmines : Grandma 1;

thanks to the little angel who irrigated the nutrient solution: 1 bottle of plum, orchid, bamboo and chrysanthemum;

thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!