Chapter 23

Li Yu slept very comfortably, but when he opened his eyes, he couldn't help being stunned. Looking at the sleeping person in his arms, he felt a little embarrassed. No wonder, he actually had a dream last night, and the dream was still with his daughter before. The scene of friends making a fuss when they are together, whether it is Li Yu's thick skin, still can't stand the burning on his face.

He sat up carefully, trying not to disturb Wen Jinbai, and then went down to change clothes and prepare to wash. Wen Jinbai opened his eyes only after Li Yu walked out of the room lightly, the inside was clear and bright, not as confused as when he just woke up, he woke up when he heard Li Yu's movement.

Hearing Li Yu's soft closing of the door at this time, a smile appeared in his eyes. Well, I have to go to town today, so I can't sleep late.

Li Yu went to make breakfast and saw that Wen Jinbai had already woken up, "I was tired all day yesterday, why don't you sleep a little longer today?

" Go sell yam cakes, get up early and make preparations." Wen Jinbai wiped his hands, walked to the table and sat down naturally, picked up a spoon to scoop out a bowl of porridge for Li Yu and himself.

Li Yu smiled, picked up an egg pancake and handed it to Wen Jinbai, took another piece for himself, took a bite and said, "I'll have to work hard for you today, why don't I send you to town and then come back. "He was a little worried that Wen Jinbai was alone. Not only was the mountain road difficult to walk, but these yam cakes were not light, and he had to walk so far.

To be honest, he felt a little bit sorry for Wen Jinbai, but the thin sixteen or seventeen-year-old brother followed him up the mountain, made cakes, and was busy with his livelihood every day, but he never said a word. In his eyes, this is still a child, and he has done a lot of hard work. In the modern age of later generations, who would want to live such a life?

Wen Jinbai shook his head, and refused: "Didn't it be discussed yesterday? If you go, it will take a lot of time to go back and forth. There is no need for this. Now there is a small cart that pushes you to the town, and you don't need to carry it on your shoulders." , has already saved a lot of effort, don't worry, I'm familiar with it, there won't be any problems."

Seeing his insistence, Li Yu agreed, "Okay, you have to be careful on the way, and come back early after selling the yam cakes. If it's too late, the mountain road will be difficult to walk."

"Yes, I know." Wen Jin Knowing that Li Yu was worried about him, Bai nodded in agreement. This heart is full of sweetness like icing sugar, he is the only one in this world who worries about himself. Such Li Yu, how could he be willing to let go?

"Hey! When the money in my hands is more abundant, I will buy a donkey cart. It will be much easier for people to travel back and forth with a donkey cart." Li Yu frowned.

"Let's talk about this later, there are plenty of places to spend money right now." Wen Jin had a gentle face on his face.

"Hey!" Li Yu cried, "It's impossible to get rich overnight, so let's work hard to make money slowly."

Li Yu's expression amused Wen Jinbai, and he laughed out loud.

Li Yu was taken aback, "Hey! Look, you look so pretty when you smile, so you should smile more." Today, Wen Jinbai tied a piece of light gauze from forehead to back of the head, completely covering up the scar It looks even more handsome. The previous scars have indeed lost some color. People usually look at the scars at the first sight, and ignore the rest. Therefore, Wen Jin's reputation as Bai Chou is spread like this. out.

Now the light veil covers up the flaws, and the original delicate face is shown. Li Yu sighed, he didn't know how the scar came about, and he didn't want to ask, because he was afraid that it was Wen Jinbai's deep pain. It has scabbed over and will bleed when touched. If there is no such scar, he should be the proud son of heaven who is admired and loved by everyone. How could he fall into this situation? It can only be understood as a trick of the world.

Wen Jinbai's smile stunned even Li Yu, who had read all of Qianfan, for a moment, and his heart beat a beat suddenly. Everyone has a heart for beauty, and beautiful things are always desirable.

Wen Jinbai saw Li Yu's expression in his eyes, lowered his head, and slightly raised the corners of his mouth.

Li Yu couldn't see Wen Jinbai's expression, and thought that his words had hurt him and made him pay more attention to his flaws, so he hurriedly said: "Actually, you don't need to pay too much attention to this scar, whether you have it or not, Ah Jiu is Ah Jiu , no one can replace you, I just said that because I saw you were unhappy yesterday, don't mind."

It turns out that this person has always known his mood is good or bad, does this mean that he actually has a place in his heart ? Although it is a delusion, Wen Jinbai is still willing to believe that there is such a possibility.

Wen Jinbai nodded, "I know you care about me, I'm very happy."

Seeing that he was indeed not angry, Li Yu was also greatly relieved.

After breakfast, the two of them started to go about their own business. Wen Jinbai pushed the cart to sell yam cakes at a stall in the town, and Li Yu was also making glucose at home. This glucose is easier said than done, mainly due to lack of convenience In modern times, everything can be replaced by mechanization. Now there are no suitable tools and we can only rely on manual work. It is really a very embarrassing thing. But so what? It's all about human effort, for money, for the house, for the donkey cart, let's work hard!

The reputation of the cakes at Wen Jinbai's stall has spread far and wide. They are mainly high quality and cheap, and ordinary people can buy and taste them. In this era of ridiculously expensive sugar prices, everything that is dipped in sugar is sold exceptionally well. Expensive, their yam cake is sweet but not greasy, crispy and smooth, and the selling price is really conscientious, so many people come all the way after hearing about it, just to buy a few pieces of yam cake to try.

When Wen Jinbai arrived, there was already a long queue in front of his booth, and when they saw Wen Jinbai leaving the stall, they all shouted and made noise, which surprised Wen Jinbai.

Fortunately, Zhang Xiaoshun helped maintain order, and helped Wen Jinbai set up a stall with his hands and feet.

"Brother Wen, you don't know. You didn't come yesterday, and they were very disappointed if they couldn't wait. Fortunately, you came today. If you don't come, they might kill you at home." Zhang Xiaoshun said with a smile, of course, There must be exaggeration in his words, Wen Jinbai nodded at him and smiled.

Zhang Xiaoshun knew about Wen Jinbai's situation. He couldn't speak, so he raised his voice, "Everyone, be safe and don't be impatient. Come one by one. Don't crowd. It will only delay more time."

"Oh! Don't talk nonsense, help me put it out quickly, and give me three pennies." Some people I know also joked, which immediately elicited a burst of good-natured laughter.

Once the stall was set up, Wen Jinbai started packing cakes and collecting money in an orderly manner. He was no more flustered than when he first started setting up the stall, and his movements were already proficient. With the help of Zhang Xiaoshun and the others, the team also calmed down and slowly began to move forward.

"You! You are the third brother's daughter-in-law? Are you actually selling this yam cake?" A woman's voice sounded abruptly.

Wen Jinbai looked up, but saw that standing in front of him was Li Heshi with a big belly, who else?

Li He came to the town with her husband Li Shun today. She ran out of embroidery thread. She wanted her husband to bring it back for her, but she was afraid that Li Shun, a bastard, would not know the color of the embroidery thread. Anyway, it was fine. , I was bored at home, so I simply went out with my husband. If there is enough time, she can go back to her mother's house to lie down.

Li Shun went to work to earn money, so she wandered around the town casually. She wanted to go back to her mother's house. I don't want to go back to my mother's house and get looked down upon. Then she thought about offering some gift that would make people look at her differently. However, Li Shun didn't give her much money, and she was reluctant to take out her private house. When the two were in a dilemma, they heard passers-by talking about selling money on North Street. The yam cakes are not expensive, and they are still very good. Now that Mrs. Li He listened to them, she also went looking for North Street.

No, I was planning to buy some, but I saw that the stall owner looked very familiar. After thinking about it, I realized that it was Li Yu's daughter-in-law who bought it. Speaking of which, he was bought by her husband Li Shun. Surprised, he asked out loud.

Wen Jinbai raised his eyes to look at her, without any strange expression, just nodded to her, but his movements were not slow at all. To meet acquaintances, Li Yu and he had thought about it a long time ago. It is impossible for them to hide their business in the town for a long time. One day, people in the village will know about it, so they have long been prepared in their hearts. Unexpectedly, Li He was the first to know.

Wen Jinbai didn't answer, Li He was sullen in his heart, just about to explode, but then remembered that this person is not dumb, and he is really, how can he still care about a dumb.

Wen Jinbai, a dumb person, of course couldn't answer her words, so she could only linger in her heart full of questions. How could he set up a stall here alone? Does Li Yu know?

However, she also knew that now is not the time to ask these questions, so she rolled her eyes and said with a smile: "My third brother, husband, help me pack some cakes, you know, even my parents haven't eaten this kind of cakes yet. I didn't expect you to have this kind of craft, decorate more, and I'll bring some for my parents to try when I go back."

Zhang Xiaoshun frowned, and asked in a buzzing voice: "How much do you want to buy for the pastries?"

Li He's face The smile on the phone froze, "He and I are a family, what kind of money does the family have? Who are you? Do you know that this is my third brother's husband? What is the relationship between you two? "

Her eyes rolled over the two of them a few times, and an idea suddenly popped up in her heart. There must be something between these two people, right? The third brother is not here, do the two dare to be blatant? Hehe, she's about to make a fuss, it depends on how he justifies it, just when he was about to start yelling, he seemed to think of something again, his eyes rolled and he closed his mouth, with a smug look on his face.