Chapter 65

After another almost half a day's journey, Li Yu and his party arrived at Juping County. Looking at the desolate and dilapidated county, Li Yu frowned, feeling faintly in a trance. This, this is the county he will be in charge of. ?

Although he was prepared when he came, but after seeing it with his own eyes, he realized that his thinking was too simple.

Chen Si asked a passerby who was hurrying on his way, and finally found the county government office after making many turns and turns.

Li Yu jumped out of the carriage, looking at the scene in front of him, he wanted to help his forehead. On the stone steps of the gate of the county government office, a few solitary grasses fluttered in the wind. The gate of the county government office was closed tightly. It must have been a long time since it was opened. . There are still spider threads hanging from the eaves of the gate.

Chen Si received Li Yu's signal, took a few steps forward, grabbed the door knocker and knocked on it with a "bang bang bang".

After a long time, a curse came from the door, and then he said: "Who is it? The yamen doesn't accept the case, so hurry up."

Chen Si ignored him and continued to knock on the door. The people inside were really impatient. Stepped out and opened the heavy rich door.

"Who are you? Can't you understand people's language? No one is in charge of the case now, so I have to report it to other places." The man stretched out his head, glanced at Chen Si, and waved his hand.

"We are not here to report the crime, our master is here to take up his post." Chen Si said in a good tone.

The man listened halfway and was about to drive people away, but when he heard the second part in a daze, he opened his eyes in disbelief and asked, "What? What did you say?"

"Our master is the new magistrate of Juping County, so hurry up and open the door Welcome?" Chen Si repeated loudly to make sure the other party could hear clearly.

The man opened the door, looked around, saw Li Yu in official uniform, came out hurriedly, knelt down and kowtowed in front of him, "The villain didn't know that the adult was coming, so I went too far to welcome him, please forgive me."

"Those who don't know are innocent, you get up first, I still have something to ask you." Li Yu waved his hand, motioning him to get up, he is not used to others kneeling down to him at every turn.

The man carefully looked at Li Yu's face, making sure that he really didn't mean to blame him, so he stood up and bowed to welcome Li Yu and his party into the county office.

"What's your name? What position do you hold? What's going on with this county government office? Where are the people in this government office? Are you the only one?" Li Yu asked in a breath.

"Returning to the adults, the villain's name is Wu Chun, and he is the county magistrate of Juping County. Since the previous county magistrate left the county government, the people in the county government have been walking and scattered. Now there are only I will stay here alone." Wu Chun said respectfully.

Li Yu nodded. The county magistrate is a subordinate of the county magistrate, a civil servant who assists the county magistrate, and is in charge of documents and the like.

From Wu Chun's words, Li Yu finally understood what was going on.

The previous county magistrate acted in the opposite direction, regardless of the life and death of the people, and only cared about filling his own pockets. In the end, the head of Luming Mountain led people to besiege the county government office, and the county magistrate had to escape in disguise. On the way to escape, he accidentally fell off a cliff and broke his leg. He managed to save his life and was rescued by his servants, but because he caused such a big impact, his official position could not be kept no matter what. up.

Later, I heard that the imperial court had sent officials down, but after learning about the situation of the previous county magistrate, they were all scared back by those bandits. There are so many bandits, who would dare to take office? Bandits dared to besiege the county government once, why couldn't they besiege the second time? In case of bad luck and being beaten to death by bandits, who can I turn to to appeal for injustice? For the sake of their own lives, no one dared to serve as the magistrate of Juping County again, so the post of magistrate of Juping County was vacant.

After the situation calmed down at the beginning, all the officials in the yamen came back, but there was no county magistrate, and everyone guarded the county yamen with nothing to do, and they couldn't get their salaries. It's no fun to spend too much time, and I still have to support a large family, so everyone went home to do their own work. Just leave Wu Chun alone to guard the county office, otherwise, if an officer comes down, it doesn't seem like there is no one here.

"My lord, I know where these people are. If you need manpower, the villain will call them back immediately." Wu Chun led Li Yu to the backyard of the county government office. Looking at the dilapidated walls, he felt a little embarrassed. "My lord has come from a long way, and I haven't received the notification before, so I haven't cleaned it up here, so I'll find someone to repair it."

Li Yu shook his head to stop him, "It's getting late today, so I'm going to clean it up like this." Just tidy up the two rooms and come out to live in, and it won't be too late to work on them tomorrow."

Wu Chun hurriedly nodded, and helped to clean up, everyone was busy, the two rooms were not difficult to clean up, Everyone cleaned up quickly after sweeping and dusting. Mother Chen went to the kitchen to cook a simple meal. Li Yu left Wu Chun to finish the meal and asked some questions before letting him go.

The layout of the county government at this time was divided into front hall and backyard. The front was the main hall, with mirrors hanging high, where cases were heard. The wing rooms on both sides of the main hall were where subordinate officials and servants worked. The backyard is separated by a wall and a small door is opened. It is a place to house family members and live by myself.

Li Yu was in a complicated mood, and pulled Wen Jinbai beside him, "I want you to suffer with me again."

Wen Jinbai smiled softly, "How come? What kind of suffering is this? Where there is a husband, everything is Okay."

Li Yu looked at him, stretched out his hand and hugged him into his arms, resting his chin on the top of his head, his soft hair was slightly itchy, and even the bottom of his heart began to itch. I thought of the old house that couldn't keep out the wind and rain when we separated, and didn't even have extra bed boards."

Wen Jinbai seemed to remember that time too, with his head resting on Li Yu's chest, listening to his rhythmic heartbeat, the corners of his mouth curled up, "Yeah, but now it's much better than that time, and it will get better and better in the future." The better."

Li Yu nodded, quite agreeing with these words, "It's natural, I don't want to let you suffer, the difficulties are only temporary, I believe I can do it."

"I also believe in you, everything is difficult at the beginning , but our husband and wife are of the same heart, and the benefits can cut through the gold, I believe you will break this situation." Wen Jinbai is also very confident in Li Yu.

Li Yu smiled lightly, saying nothing.

Early the next morning, Li Yu found Wu Chun. He was going to read the cultural and historical records left by his predecessor. Only by understanding these can he truly understand the past of Juping County.

There is nothing wrong with this request. Wu Chun served as the county magistrate, and he has always been in charge of the documents and files of a county. When the bandit rebellion happened, these people robbed and smashed them, but they ignored these things, so they kept them. intact.

He immediately went to get the key and opened the storage cabinet for Li Yu.

Looking at the books in several large cabinets, Li Yuzheng didn't know where to start, so he heard Wu Chun introduce: "These are documents from ten years ago, this cabinet is from five years ago, and this place is from three years ago." That's right, you just need to look in the corresponding cabinet when you need to look it up."

Li Yu nodded with satisfaction, this really solved a big problem for him, and after thinking about it, he decided to start looking through it from the recent period.

Seeing that Li Yu had already taken out the books, Wu Chun asked cautiously, "My lord, there are really not enough manpower in the yamen to tidy up, and besides, your lord has already taken office, and you must have someone to do things under your command. Do you think you want to put the previous ones in order?" The guards were summoned back?"

Li Yu thought for a while, touched his chin and nodded: "It's fine, you go to call first, remember that if you are willing to come back, I will start counting the salary, if you don't want to come back, you don't have to force it, and you can tell them clearly , I will personally check and choose which ones can be kept and which ones can't. What I want is people who can do things and do practical things. If they're just here to dawdle or something, there's no need to come back."

Wu Chun's heart skipped a beat . , and hurriedly responded, and followed Li Yu's instructions.

Zhang Dafa cut off a piece of half-fat and half-lean meat, tied it with a straw rope, and handed it to the buyer, "Chenghui fifty-three renminbi."

The man was about to take out the money, when a person hurried over and said He tugged at the man's sleeve, and whispered a few words in her ear, while looking at him with disdainful eyes.

Zhang Dafa's face changed slightly, and now the business has to be disrupted again, as expected, after the meat buyer heard this, he stepped back quickly and waved his hands again and again, "No, I don't want it anymore." He ran away with the people.

Zhang Dafa looked depressed. This kind of thing is not a day or two. He has long been used to it. He threw the meat in his hand on the chopping board and sighed. After that, no buyers came over. Looking at the remaining He put down a lot of meat, and he was a little sad. These days are really getting harder and harder.

Just when he was expecting someone to come to buy his meat, a person walked out from the corner of the alley. He took a closer look, with a smile on his face, and said enthusiastically, "Brother Ang, why are you free today?" Are you here? Come, come, bring two catties of meat back to eat." The

person who came was Wu Chun, he waved his hand, and urged: "Dafa, I have something to do today, you quickly clean up the stall and follow me."

"Clean up the stall Where are you going? I haven't sold out the meat yet!" Zhang Dafa looked disapproving.

Wu Chun stomped his feet, hating iron for steel and said: "Your meat is more important than the county magistrate? The county magistrate summoned everyone to go back."

"The county magistrate? Which county magistrate?" Before Zhang Dafa could react, he repeated the sentence, still laughing in his heart. Where did the county magistrate come from? This Wu Chun actually lied to him.

"Which county magistrate are you talking about? Of course it is the newly appointed magistrate Li of Juping County." Wu Chun patiently explained, "Hurry up and go back to the county government office, otherwise don't blame me for leaving a bad impression on the county magistrate." I didn't make it clear to you." The

newly appointed magistrate Li? Someone really came to take over this mess? Zhang Dafa was still muttering, when Wu Chun continued to say: "I still have to go to the other brothers to inform, you pack up quickly, I'll go first." Waiting for

Wu Chun to walk away, Zhang Dafa jumped up , What Brother Ang said is true, they really have a county magistrate in Juping County, and he didn't care about cleaning up the stall, so he asked the peddler next to him to help him watch, and ran towards the county government.

However, after running for a few steps, he slapped his head. He couldn't just go to see the county magistrate. He should go home and change into the clothes of the yamen servant. It's just that he has been selling meat for a living, and the flesh on his body has grown. Quite a lot, but I don't know if I can wear that dress.

Zhang Dafa was struggling, but Wu Chun over there rushed to inform every family. Hearing the news from Wu Chun, some were overjoyed, some didn't believe it at all, and some were dubious and wait-and-see attitude, but luckily no matter what. Believe it or not, they all decided to rush to the county government immediately.

After everyone gathered, Li Yu appeared with Li Feng, looking at the county magistrate in official uniform, the dozen or so men actually had the urge to cry, this is really the county magistrate.

Since the county magistrate disappeared in Juping County, their life has been really hard. They are like a group of motherless children. Someone finally remembered that they were here, so it was unbearably exciting.

Everyone has only one thought at this moment, I hope this new county magistrate will not act perversely like the previous one, right? They can also behave in a dignified manner.

The author has something to say: Thanks to the little angels who voted for me to overlord or irrigate nutrient solution during 2020-07-11 10:18:59~2020-07-1209:23:21~

Thanks to the little angels who cast mines : 1 piece of nonsense;

thanks to the little angel of the irrigation nutrient solution: 1 bottle of plum, orchid, bamboo and chrysanthemum;

thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!