Chapter 33

Li Yu looked at his slightly bent back and shook his head. He had kindly reminded him that it was none of his business whether he listened or not.

In the following days, no one came to bother them, especially no one from the Li family. Maybe it was Li Wencai who warned them not to be monsters after returning. In this way, Li Yu also breathed a sigh of relief. He is the most impatient of these unreasonable and self-righteous people.

The building of the house and the workshop went smoothly, and the two things were carried out almost at the same time. The village head came forward to take care of it properly according to Li Yu's wishes.

Now the news is clear, Li Yu really wants to do business with everyone in the yam cake business. The man Li Sanlang said that this workshop will be the place to make yam cakes in the future. Anyone in the village who wants to can come to the workshop to work. He The wages are paid according to the labor standards in the town, that is to say, working in the workshop can earn 20 yuan a day, which is much better than going to the town to find a job. When they go to the town to find a job, they can only do some heavy work. And it's not necessarily a job every day.

In the workshop, it is a day's wages. As long as people are not lazy, there is work to do every day. Think about it, you can earn twenty cash a day, but not hundreds of cash a month. With some money saved, the family can have a good year.

Li Sanlang also said that even if you don't want to go to the workshop, you can go to the mountain to dig yams and sell them to the workshops, or you can take yam cakes and sell them in the town. Two, if you do the math, you can earn an extra penny this time around, and you can sell the goods without capital and give them money back. This is simply giving everyone money for nothing.

As soon as these news came out, anyone in the village who was not happy had hope for this day.

The villagers thought of Li Yu's goodness, and they all voluntarily helped Li Yu build houses and workshops, and did their best to do the work. Everyone's energy was put together, and the efficiency was greatly improved.

The houses and workshops were all designed by Li Yu himself. Fearing that others would not understand his design drawings, he personally explained them to the invited bricklayers. They construct.

The old house was not demolished, and the new house was built in front of the old house. He thought that after the new house was repaired, he would renovate the old house and build a small studio. In the future, new-style pastries or sugar production would be here. That way it won't look cluttered.

After doing everything well, Li Yu let go of the craftsmen and let the craftsmen do the work. After all, he is not a professional householder, so he would make the craftsmen unable to get started if he intervened. So he asked the craftsmen not to ask questions except for things they didn't understand or understand.

The cooperation with Xu Fangzhai is still going on. However, Li Yu has no plans to expand the scale now. Xu Sheng has complained to him many times. Rose cakes and cakes are not enough to sell. Let him make more. Now there is no place to use it as a reason to refuse. This is certainly a reason, and another reason is that he does not want to make Wen Jinbai too tired. Let's talk about it later when the conditions are ripe.

Xu Sheng sighed deeply, seeing the money in front of him but not being able to get it, how heartbroken it must be.

Only Wen Jinbai knew that Li Yu was working as an accountant in the Chen Mansion, and he didn't intend to make it public. He would only go to the Chen Mansion a few days before the end of the month to reconcile and clear the accounts, and hand over the account book to the master after the final completion.

There are two other accountants in Chen's house, one surnamed Qian and the other surnamed Cai, who are about forty or fifty years old, and they are in charge of the accounts on weekdays.

When Chuchu heard that the Chen family had hired another big accountant, the two of them didn't take it seriously. After all, the Chen family has such a large family property, and the problem of keeping accounts is not a trivial matter. Inviting one more person to come, the two of them It will be much easier.

However, when they saw the young Li Yu for the first time, their faces turned green for a moment. A yellow-haired boy with no hair at all was actually the big accountant invited by the Chen family? The theory is still faintly over their heads, how can they be convinced? Although they also heard that this man solved the problem that the eldest son hadn't solved yet, but who knows if it's just a coincidence, maybe this kid is lucky, the blind cat just ran into a dead mouse.

With such an idea in mind, the two discussed in whispers and decided to give this person a blow. However, after the contest, the two admired each other so much that they directly followed Li Yu's lead.

This is just a trivial matter, and Li Yu didn't take it to heart at all. Now that he finally understands the level of arithmetic in this world, he doesn't even have an abacus. All he uses are stick-like calculation chips, and he doesn't even have multiplication formulas. It takes time to write and calculate. It's complicated, no matter where people in kindergartens like modern oral and mental arithmetic can forget it.

The Chen family arranged for him a rather bright room for him to work in, and Li Yu was very satisfied with this. A good working environment can indeed improve work efficiency.

However, Li Yu looked at the thick stack of booklets in front of him, and frowned tightly. So, there are so many accounts this month? Could it be that the servants took the wrong one for half a year? Li Yu couldn't believe it, and asked the servant who was waiting beside him, but the servant shook his head and said that this was the account of this month.

Li Yu helped his forehead, his heart was already cold, no wonder given such a high salary, Nima, how could five days be enough to finish such a big pile? It's all right now, I'll take the blame myself.

Li Yu picked up a book with trembling hands and opened it. It was densely packed with handwriting. He looked carefully, but saw that it read: Geng Wuyue invested 1,500 taels of silver to manage Chen's Cloth House, of which 1,500 taels of silver was written on it. One thousand taels of cloth was purchased and stored in the warehouse, and the other five hundred taels were stored in the cash drawer of the cloth shop for future use. On the third day of the first day, two hundred and fifty taels of money was spent to buy sea salt... What kind of account book is this? Li Yu's head was as big as a bucket, and he picked up another booklet and opened it: On the sixth day of the lunar new year, Chen's cloth shop sold Shu brocade, and earned more than two hundred guan, and a profit of more than 40 guan.

Li Yu has been completely defeated, with his head propped on his hands, looking hopeless.

"What's the matter? Li Langjun, is there something wrong with this account?" Accountant Cai asked cautiously after seeing Li Yu's expression was wrong.

"Problem, it's a big problem. You guys call this a ledger too?" Li Yu threw the book away, held his head and said with a bitter face, "I really don't understand this kind of journal! Do you want to trick people like this? Huh? I really can't do it."

Cai and Qian looked at each other, the accounts in this mansion have always been like this, not to mention the Chen Mansion, even if it is a big government, the palace, isn't the account kept in the same way? ?

The money accountant touched his mustache and said: "Li Langjun, this account book is kept in this way. Could it be that Li Langjun has never seen this kind of account book? It shouldn't be! Since the master has given you the position of the accountant, Then I must believe you."

Ha ha! Li Yu was almost laughed out of anger, what should he do now? Is it possible that he can still leave the pick and leave? The wages for the past six months have already been paid in advance, and if he breaks the contract, he has to pay half of the money. Not to mention that he can't afford so much money, even if it is the money advanced, he has used it to build a new house.

Li Yuchou! What else can I do, just bite the bullet, and I can only do the account book settlement again. Although this will waste a lot of time, I can make the income and expenditure into a table, which will save a lot of time for accounting. It won't be like it is now, with a mess of accounts, and it's hard to figure out the way at a glance. For the sake of future consideration, it is worth working hard now.

"Bring me a pen and paper again. I need to record the accounts again, so that it will be easier to liquidate." Li Yu ordered.

The servant hurriedly retreated and reported Li Yu's request to the eldest son Chen Zizhuo.

Chen Zizhuo was also surprised when he heard the words, the account book is there, what account should be recorded again? Still worried, he thought about taking a trip.

Pushing open the door, I saw Li Yu and the other two accountants lying on the table, writing and drawing something. When he got closer, Li Yu took a long straight piece of wood in his hand and drew it on the paper. At this time, there were already some framed lines on the white paper.

Chen Ziyan didn't understand what he was doing, so he turned his head to look at the other two. They flipped through the ledger and re-transcribed the numbers on a new page.

He straightened his robes and didn't disturb them, he just found a place to sit down and waited leisurely with tea.

Li Yu had been busy for a while, and when he looked up, he found that Chen Zizhuo was sitting on the side, nodding at him, and he didn't have the time to be polite.

Only then did Chen Zizhuo look for an opportunity to ask, "What are you doing? Why didn't you hurry up and settle the accounts, instead of painting these things?"

Li Yu rolled his eyes, "Isn't this just to prepare for the accounts? People like you The account book is not good, the accounts are in a mess and messy, and the income, expenditure and profit are all together, I am afraid that only I can understand it."

Chen Zizhuo thought thoughtfully, "You mean there is a problem with this bookkeeping method?"

"There is not a problem , There is a big problem."

Chen Zizhuo became interested, "Does that have anything to do with your drawing these rules? Are you trying to come up with a new accounting method?" He is very smart and has already guessed what Li Yu is doing. .

"Well, almost, I will make a form, and then fill in the income, expenditure, profit, and loss according to the form, so that it will be clear at a glance, and it will be much easier to clear accounts and settle accounts in the future." Li Yu explained, "It can only be simpler now. In the future, maybe we can use a new bookkeeping method again."

New bookkeeping method? Chen Zizhuo was full of curiosity at this time, but he also knew that this was not the time to ask these questions. Seeing that Li Yu lowered his head to go about his own business, he stopped disturbing him and asked him after he finished.

The accounts had to be settled at the end of the month, and Li Yutuo thought that such a trivial matter as settlement could be done in one day at most, but he blurted out that five days was more than enough, how could he think that the accounts were quite different from what he imagined.

I could only bear the burden of hard work, working overtime and doing my best. Fortunately, Cai and Qian were two seasoned accountants to help, otherwise it would be impossible for Li Yu to complete it alone.

Fortunately, on the third day, all the accounts were finally straightened out, which greatly relieved Li Yu. The rest is simple, he only needs to replace the numbers filled in the form with Arabic numerals, and then he can directly settle the accounts.