Chapter 8

Back home again, Li Yu had a full harvest. In addition to yams, wild eggs wrapped in clothes, and a honeycomb, although he was pricked a few times when taking out the beehive, it was nothing serious because of stuttering.

Wen Jinbai watched Li Yu bring so many things back. Although he was surprised, he didn't take the initiative to go there, but watched from a distance.

Li Yu didn't say a word, he tidied up everything on his own, took a change of clothes and planned to wash them, his body was almost rotten, and the original color of the clothes could not be seen after walking in the mountains.

The weather was still hot, and there was no need to boil water. I went directly to the well in the yard to fetch a bucket of water and poured it on myself. Wen Jinbai didn't dare to look at him, and hid in the house again.

The original owner's figure is still very predictable, and this is the only thing that makes Li Yu satisfied.

After washing in a hurry, Li Yu went into the kitchen. With good ingredients, how could he not show his skills? There is still some flour at home, which is also very good for making a yam chicken cake. Steam the yam and add wild Honey, eggs and flour, and then steamed in a pot for a while, the sweet, glutinous and smooth yam cake is ready, and the sweet and greasy fragrance can be smelled from a distance.

Wen Jinbai flapped his nostrils a few times, and his stomach started to growl. The man made something that smelled so sweet, and it must be delicious in his mouth. He couldn't imagine it, so he tightly covered his stomach with his hands, Try to restrain the feeling of hunger, and you can't miss his things. Have you forgotten the past experience?

Once he was so hungry that he quietly picked up the rice grains thrown away by the man, and he was discovered after taking only one bite. In the end, he was punched and kicked, and finally he held down his head and made him lick it like a dog. clean. From then on, he never dared to touch a grain of rice.

He didn't expect that at noon today, that person would actually give him half of the porridge and water for him to drink. He was so scared at the time, that the person would take advantage of the problem again, and as long as he touched those foods, he would beat him with fists and kicks. Unexpectedly, that The man really gave him food, and after the meal, the man kept smiling and smiling, showing no sign of anger. It's like, it seems like a different person, if, if, that person really changed? A light flashed across Wen Jin's white eyes.

Not long after, Li Yu brought in a large bowl and put it on the dilapidated wooden table. Inside the bowl were pieces of yam cakes as white as jade, still steaming.

"Come over and eat, what's the matter? Are you still hungry? I've been starving for a long time." Seeing Wen Jinbai sitting beside him, Li Yu urged.

Wen Jinbai's body trembled when he heard this, and then shrank even smaller.

Li Yu sighed, reached out to pick up a piece of cake, walked over and put it directly into his mouth, and said jokingly, "Come on, try my handicraft, and you can give me your opinion on whether it tastes good or not, so that it can be improved in the future."

Wen Jin Bai suddenly filled his mouth with this sweet, soft and glutinous stuff, and was so dazed that he couldn't even move his mouth.

Li Yu looked amused, pulled him to the table and sat down, fetched water for him and handed it to him, "Don't choke, drink some water, from now on we will depend on each other, you can't do this anymore Birth is down." With

just this one sentence, Wen Jinbai's heart swelled unbearably, and the tears in his eyes couldn't help falling down. Since the accident at home, no matter how much pain he has suffered, Sin, he never shed tears. He thought that his tears had already been shed when his parents died, but he didn't expect to shed them again because of a word from the person opposite.

Seeing Wen Jinbai crying silently, Li Yu hurriedly said, "Hey, why are you crying? Did I provoke you again? This... this... I really didn't mean it." He lived like this In two lifetimes, I have never coaxed anyone before, so how can I coax others? So I can only be at a loss.

Fortunately, after a while, Wen Jinbai stopped crying, lowered his head and wiped away the tears.

Only then did Li Yu heave a sigh of relief, and he just put the yam cake into Wen Jin's white bowl, "Eat more, I heard that eating sweet ones will make people feel better. Honey is added to this yam cake. How much do you eat?" Eat some."

Wen Jinbai was used to delicacies from mountains and seas in the past, but he felt that the yam cake made by Li Yu today was more delicious than those treasures in the past, and this taste made him unforgettable in the days to come.

In ancient times, there were no leisure and entertainment activities at night, so people almost lived a life of working at sunrise and resting at sunset, and went to bed after an early dinner.

As for Li Yu, he was stunned when he packed everything up and entered the house. It was just such a room, and everything was clear at a glance. He was lying on a wooden plank about one person wide against the wall before, so the problem came. For more than a month before , How did Wen Jinbai sleep, and where did he sleep?

Li Yu searched through his memory, but couldn't find the impression that Wen Jinbai had slept in the house.

Li Yu was a little embarrassed. After waiting in the room for a long time, he didn't see Wen Jinbai entering the room. In desperation, he went out and finally found Wen Jinbai under the corner of the other side of the room. This is also a triangular bracket made of grass and trees. But half a person's height, people can't stand upright inside, if there is a little light rain, the inside and outside will be soaked.

"You sleep here at night?" Li Yu looked unhappy, even gnashing his teeth. The original owner is simply not human. Is there anyone who treats people so harshly?

Wen Jinbai looked at Li Yu timidly, wondering what's wrong with him? He never allowed himself to sleep in the house at night. He had no choice but to build a grass shed, at least to give himself a place to stay.

Li Yu raised his forehead, the original owner was not beaten to death, so it was his fate. "Go, go into the house and sleep, what's the matter with you sleeping here?"

In such a big place, there is no room for two people to sleep. Li Yu gave up the wooden bed to Wen Jinbai, and he used two benches to build it up and sleep on it. I can't straighten it, let alone turn over, but it's just for this night, and I can build another wooden plank to make a bed tomorrow. Fortunately, the weather is hot now, and the wooden plank can also make do with it. No, it froze people to death.

Tomorrow, I have to go to the town to see if there is any work that he can do. He has to earn some money. The food is almost gone. The firewood, rice, oil, salt, soy sauce, vinegar and tea. home? There is also a house, where you can see the stars when you look up. When it rains heavily outside, it will rain lightly inside the house. Where can people live? Need to fix it sooner rather than later.

Thinking of all these things, Li Yu put his hands on his pillow and gradually fell asleep.

Wen Jinbai lay on the wooden board, but couldn't calm down for a long time. He quietly turned his face and looked at Li Yu. The moonlight fell through the roof and fell on the man's face. That person, but he knows that this person is definitely not that person, so there is still hope for this day, isn't it? Because he still has concerns, he has survived such a difficult past, and he believes that it will get better and better in the future.

The expression in Wen Jin's white eyes came alive, as if thousands of stars fell into them, and the whole person became different.

The next day, when Li Yu got up, his back was sore and his legs were cramping. It was really uncomfortable, and it took a while to get better. Wen Jinbai had already fetched water to wash him up, which made him quite embarrassed. He is such a big man, with hands and feet, so there is no need for others to take care of him, let alone this man is younger than him, it stands to reason It is said that he should take care of others.

After breakfast, he remembered the deed of sale he got back yesterday, and he fumbled it out and handed it to Wen Jinbai, "This is your deed of sale, you take it, remember you are a free man now, no one can If you want to leave, you can leave at any time."

Wen Jin took the thin piece of paper with slightly trembling hands. With this, he can go to the yamen to revoke his identity at any time, and he will be free from now on. How could this not stir up his heart? Want to cry and laugh at the same time, thinking that he was sold and traveled all over the place, isn't it because of this contract, he didn't expect that today he can actually hold it in the palm of his hand.

Although he is excited, he also knows that he can't do anything at this time. He is now Li Yu's bought daughter-in-law, and the government office is registered. No matter where he goes, he needs a guide issued by the government. He is going to the government. For the report, the situation outside is unclear now. His identity is the son of a criminal minister. I don't know if there are still people watching him outside.

Li Yu saw that he was carefully keeping it close to his body, and knew that he had done the right thing in getting the deed of sale back this time. At least it would be useless for him to hold this thing, and it would be good to give this person a smile.

"You can stay at home today. I'll go to the town to see if there is any work for money. There are some yam cakes under the kitchen. You can eat them when you are hungry. I may not come back at noon. Wait for me to come back From now on, we will put together a wooden bed, and you will sleep indoors from now on, don't sleep outside." Li Yu Dundun gave some instructions, and was about to go out, but was stopped by Wen Jinbai, and went to the kitchen to wrap it with clean leaves. A few pieces of yam cakes were stuffed for him to take to town to eat.

Li Yu thought about it and accepted it. Anyway, he made a lot of yam cakes yesterday, so he can bring them for lunch.

From Wen Jinbai's actions, he can also see that today's Wen Jinbai is obviously not so afraid of him. This is a good start, life will get better, everything will be better, he has this confidence.

Li Yu patted his head, and the soft hair ran wildly in his palm, scratching his palm slightly itchy.

With a wave of his hand, Li Yu strode out of the house.