Ch.48: Carnival Freaks

PAULINAS POV//

8:05pm

Currently we're being fitted for corsets and head sets. Not so fun if you ask me. I don't dance, especially in front of a small crowd of people. But the credits I get will be added to my 8th grade credits next year.
The velvet black corset strapped to my back reveals more than its supposed to. It's strapless and embellished with a gold and red lining. "Tie this" Angie says and urns her back to me so I can tighten her corset. "We better get a hell of a lot of extra credit for this" I say and pull really hard on the silk stings. "Oh my god ouch chill out." Angie says because I hadn't realized I tightened too tight. "We don't even have experience in this type of dance." I say and bow the strings at the end of the corset. "All I did was ballet by that was a long time ago." Angie says and shrugs her shoulders. "I of course know what I'm doing. Unlike you Ms. Gagburn." Ivy taunts. "Let it go." Angie says to me as she sees me start to tense up. "Just a week and a couple of days left with it." I chant because I'm stuck with her in this country for the next 10 days.
       We strut out of the dressing room into the over-lit carnival. There're stilt walkers and clowns wherever you look. The loud screeches of of happy children and worried parents echo through the out the area. Good bodied girls prance around in their flamboyant, sparkly, provocative costumes without a care in the world as every male here drools over jiggly boobs and chubby butts. Isaac being one of them...
  I shoot him a deadly glare to let him know what he's doing is pissing me off. He curls his finger to instruct me to go to him. I waddle over to him and wrap my arms around him. "you look like a penguin." I say because his penguin tuxedo is quite amusing. "do a spin for me gorgeous." he says and twirls me around. "Damn that's mine." he says at the sight of me.

"I have to go now." I say when Angie tells me it's time for us to start. we were assigned a spot to perform multiple times. We're supposed to perform a total of 8 times, once every half hour so that means we'll be here for a while.

when I get on the small platform stage I stare at Isaac who is watching from a distance where he's supposed to be. He laughs when the music starts playing and we prance around chairs set out for the number. We look like tiny sugar plum fairies in the short tutus and tight corsets and tiny top hats. I bump into Ivy when I make it around in a circle once and give her a dirty look. I quickly get back on track with the steps and try not to come in contact with her anymore.

After the fourth time performing in completely out of it. The steps roll off my toes without a though about it. The dance is short but it requires energy which is one thing I never had. I've never been more embarrassed in my life but thank god not too many important people I know are here to see this.

When we're done with the fifth dance I walk over to Isaacs group. They're all dressed in tuxedos because they're all participating in a silent magic show. 

       My feet are sore and my body is suffocating from the tight attire concealing it. I can't wait for it to be midnight so we can go back to the hotel. Angie walks over to me and we look for some type of food because we haven't eaten since the last half hour. "I can't keep my eyes open Jesus." Angie says while wrapping pieces of cotton candy around her tongue. "When can we change?" I ask her while sipping fruit punch through a curly straw. "The dresser said if the carnival loses people early then we can stop after maybe even the sixth dance. It's basically 11 already. Who would wanna stay that long?" She says and finishes her cotton candy.
"And to think my girl was conservative of herself." Isaac smirks and puts his arm around me. "And to think my boyfriend was an ass." I say and look at him. "I got me a girl who can do both." Daniel says and puts his arm around Angie. "I got me s boyfriend who cant do anything" Angie fires back and removes his hand from her body.

Crystal, Kassidy and Grace join the group because they see everyone standing together. "Don't talk to me like that." Daniel says to Angie when she talks back to him. "You're not my dad." She argues. "That can be debated" Crystal mumbles and covers her mouth. And all of our jaws drop. "Daddy issues." I say because she's a little iffy with Daniel.
"Daniel I'm gay." She blankly says before walking over and kissing me. I don't know what to do. Do I like it? Im taken by this same sex affection. I have no clue what to do.
"Yo Angie what was that?" Crystal asks when Angie's lips part from mine. "Whoa." All of the other guys say when they witness the lesbian kiss. "Good you're finally quiet." Angie says and walks away. "She's not gay Daniel calm down." Kassidy says to Daniel and I'm still standing there speechless.
Next hour//

"Paulina I'm sorry. I was just trying to prove a point it meant nothing I'm so sorry." Angie explains and my heart sinks a little because my mixed emotions about the kiss have me going nuts. "Oh no no don't worry about it. Sooner or later we'd have to do that to scare away creeps." I say and fake a smile because I actually liked it.
After our last performance we are officially beat. We can't take this work anymore. We're trying so hard to keep our eyes open and feet straight while we make our way through clowns and dancers to the dressing rooms.

I change out of my corset and tutu into sweats and a t shirt. "Unclip me please?" Angie asks me and turns around. She takes off the corset revealing her strapless bra and corset-imprinted body. Do I like it? No I can't I'm with Isaac. I have a boyfriend. You have a boyfriend Paulina. Jesus whatever.

She puts on black tights and a white shirt with a sweater and we walk out of the dressing room still wiping off makeup and glitter.
When the boys show up Ms. De Leon comes and makes an announcement to her exhausted class. "Did everyone have fun?" She asks and we all groan at the thought of last seven hours. "Ok well you all did great and we can go back to the hotel now." She says and we have a moment to collect our stuff and get on our bus.

I fall asleep on Isaac's shoulder on the way back to the hotel and don't even bother showering before bed.

"God I'm tired." Kassidy says and throws herself on the bed. "Me too" Angie says while changing into pajamas. Of course I stare thinking about what happened earlier. "Paulina?" She asks when she catches me dazed at her. "Huh what" I ask coming back to reality. "You good?" She asks and gets into bed. "Yea babe I I mean Angelina." What the fuck is wrong with me. "Somethings wrong" Crystal says. "What no." I deny. "No one calls Angie Angelina any,ore unless they're mad. Especially you" Crystal says. "Well I'm not mad that's for sure but I may be in love with my best friend.
"You're just tired. Let's just go to sleep and in the morning we'll be fine" Angie sweetly says and I crawl into bed next to her. "Goodnight girls" Grace says and we say goodnight.

I can't sleep. I'm exhausted but that kiss. It's nothing. It's absolutely nothing. She's in love with Daniel, I'm in love with with Isaac and I'm totally not questioning my sexuality. I brush off the thought and drift off to sleep. It was only a simple kiss. That's it.