Ch. 50

ANGIES POV//

"Do you know where we are?" Crystal asks me. "If I knew do you think we'd be lost" I somewhat yell trying to keep my tears from spilling. With almost no strength in my body I lift up my leg and gaze at my purple toes and torn skirt. As traumatized as I am I'm still gonna wake up tomorrow and enjoy the rest of my damn trip.
Crystal and I take another flight of stairs to a higher floor obviously knowing we won't get out that way but to see if there are other people we know on this floor.
"Wait shh" I say because I feel like I hear footsteps. I look to my left slowly down the hall near us and see the shadow that belongs to the footsteps. When crystal turns around we see Grace. She's looking around all confused. When she sees us we see a spark in her eyes that says she found hope. She gives us both long looks of "where have you been" and then she charges towards us with wide open arms and hugs the both of us. The loud P/A buzzes alive and we all shiver in fear. "So it looks like you're all in groups. How cute. We'll be nice enough to give you the chance to find the rest of your friends before you can leave. You have two hours" the deep raspy voice says with a wicked laugh and hangs up. Crystal Grace and I begin to walk faster through the halls u till we come to a dead end. "SHIT" I curse and bang both my hands and a leg against the plain wall. Crystal and Grace look at me stunned that a horrible word just exited my mouth. I turn around and face Crystal and Grace with tears streaming down my cheeks. My body feels empty and almost nonexistent. It's like we were all forgotten as people. "More of us might be here" Grace says when we feel warmer air on the lower level. We all of a sudden thankfully hear running so we start to run toward the footsteps. When we turn the corner we see Paulina and Sean together. At least now we know we're almost done.

PAULINAS POV//

With the happiness now regained in my heart I see Angie. I see her friends but now I know she's Safe. I don't know what I've been feeling. I have a strong connected feeling toward her. She starts crying and throws herself into my arms. With every thought in my mind I hold her tight and thank god she's with me now. "Shh it's ok, I'm here. We're gonna be ok" I say with a shaky voice trying to comfort her even though I'm not certain as to what might happen to us. "Ok guys we can't do this right now we don't have time" Crystal says and we come back to reality. The loud P/A buzzes on once again with a roar. "It seems you found each other with 12 minutes to spare but we're not done. Let's have some fun." The creepy deep voice says and hangs up.
In front of us several doors open one by one . Not knowing what's in them we walk by them with little courage and slow steps. In the first there's nothing. In the second there's nothing. But in the third there's a man with his eyelids sewn shut but happens to still be moving fast. He uses his ears to sense us coming. He gets up and starts running toward us. "FUCKING RUN" Sean screams and we all run. None of us know where we're going but hopefully it's out. We run and run down empty hallways trying to lose this lunatic but he still follows. After several minutes of running we find a big read door. This must be out. I use my foot to kick through the glass and unlock it from the outside. Once we get out the blind man tries to follow us but Sean shuts the door on him. After a minute he stops clawing at the door and all the lights in the unit shut off. We hear the doors all lock shut and everything goes silent. "If we would've taken any longer we would've been trapped" Angie says and turns around to us. "Does anyone have their phone?" I ask and pull out my phone with a huge crack in the middle. "I do" Angie says "yea me too" everyone else says but it comes to my attention that we all have the same crack our phones are destroyed because turning them on doesn't work. Sean's turns on but of course he doesn't know what to do with it. "Call the police" I frantically say and he does so.

The police show up and take time to stare at our tired bodies and torn clothes. They ask us if we need medical attention and we object. The search the unit and arrest the men behind everything. There were three and they've been told to be doing this for years. We were tourists and those are their targets.
Isaac comes up to me and squeezes me. He kisses every inch of my arms and face and neck. Daniel does the same but instead he cries. I stare at Angie getting love from someone who isn't me while I'm getting love from someone who isn't her. It makes me feel just as confused and disgusted with myself as I did inside that hell house. I can't do anything about because I'm not even sure.
Ms De Leon comes up to us with worry written all over her pathetic face. She offers a refund for our trip and any care we need for free so we don't press charges. We agreed and she agreed to call our parents in the morning. As for now were taken back to our hotel where everything is fine but we all live with the internal pain of being watched and followed by people who shouldn't have anything against us. We were wrong. Sometimes things can happen that ruin you. Other times it brings you to your senses.